Constructive Feedback

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

M

Meeshoo

Guest Shopper
ARA

Please accept this post in the spirit it's intended which is to be constructive.

1. Items are deleted from baskets 24 hours after they are put in there. Thus if you put something in at 1.00pm on Saturday, it deletes at 1pm on Sunday. If you have put something in at 4pm, it will delete at 4pm. Therefore it's incredibly difficult to know what will delete and at what time. There is no consistency. The result is that you will either (a) only shop on one day and then check out or (b) will just let some items lapse when you buy others. As there is no prompt to say "X will be deleted at X o'clock" you need to be a genius to keep track!

2. When you place an order on the web (if it's not lost in your system), your account history shows an order number. If you quote this to CS, you're told that this order number doesn't exist!!!!

3. Delivery times are generally about a week - very rarely less. This is unacceptable and other channels have suffered negative feedback for this. The excuse is that the warehouse is busy. What will happen as we get nearer Christmas? This needs to be sorted out.

4. The customer doesn't know when the item will be delivered. There is nothing on the web that says when items will arrive - nor do you receive a text etc. This means that CS have the unnecessary burden of answering those questions.

5. CS only being available Monday to Friday and during "office hours" means that most people won't bother to call unless it's urgent. I suspect sales will be lost.

6. CS do not call back when they say they will. I ordered an expensive item but the web crashed as I entered my payment details and the item/order was lost. I phoned CS they promised to find the item and call me back. I never received a call back.

7. Phone purchases and web purchases can't be combined. Again, potential loss in sales.

8. I've mentioned this before but the timer used in the auctions should start with the first crash. Auctions are sometimes crashing with less than 30 seconds left to go. By the time you've found the phone, dialled the number and got through .......... the auctions over. PLEASE can the crash happen and then the timer starts? I appreciate why it doesn't - i.e. less time for price crashes but you have to give people time to buy!!!!

I'm sure others will be along to add to the list and I hope that this is useful.

Last edited:
I agree with everything above Meesh and have already sent an email more or less with the same points - you've just phrased it all a lot better than I did. Apparently it has been passed on to the MD, but I haven't heard anything else about it.
Unfortunately, we were told by rocksandcohelper that ARA has left the company, so it might be better to address the issues to her/him?

I agree with everything above Meesh and have already sent an email more or less with the same points - you've just phrased it all a lot better than I did. Apparently it has been passed on to the MD, but I haven't heard anything else about it.
Unfortunately, we were told by rocksandcohelper that ARA has left the company, so it might be better to address the issues to her/him?

Thanks Jacqualina - I didn't know that ARA had gone. Hopefully, somebody from Rocks will read this anyway! If I send an email, it'll probably get lost in the normal CS post but I'll do so anyway. Thanks again.

I think they have resolved number 1 on your list Meeshoo as I believe the time you actually put an item in your basket nows shows so you know when you need to check it out by - apologies if I'm wrong on this.

Everything else I totally agree with. Deliveries are very erratic. I have twice ordered on the web after 11pm on a Sunday night and have received the items on the Tuesday - around 36 hours after placing the order which is fantastic. However, my hubby has ordered twice by phone and the first time the order took around 2 weeks (he thinks) and the second which was ordered last Saturday hasn't yet arrived.

rocksandcohelper posts on here Meesh, so might see this thread - otherwise perhaps you could change the thread heading?

I received my first item today, which is lovely. It was ordered Monday and arrived today so 4 days from placing order to receiving...not too bad in my book. However i agree with previous posters, that it would be much better if we knew the delivery day/date, or at least knew when it had been shipped.

Like Tabs, my deliveries have been very prompt, which is great, but I would still like some advance warning - it's only by chance that I've been in.

My other main concern is that twice now I've spotted from the paperwork accompanying my order that a couple of the items have been charged a little higher than the final auction price. I think in both instances it where a few more pounds came off just before the auction ended. It's only a matter of a few pounds in each case, but it's still overcharging and I've had to request a refund, which is a pain. Fortunately we can now access our orders, so I was able to print off a copy (which showed the correct prices) and send it to them so there could be no confusion.

I'd really like to get an email advising that the item(s) has been shipped. As Meesh said, this would undoubtedly cut down on calls from customers wanting to know the status of their order. It would be good, when placing your order, to know what date to expect delivery like Gems do.

I'm still waiting for an order that was placed two weeks ago. It's frustrating to have to keep calling CS who promise to call back and never do. I'll be amazed if it shows up now tbh. :sadsmilie:

I've only had one order from them and it was a pendant in an earring box. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but if it's a gift for someone, then it'd be nice to have it in the right box.

It would be great too to have a Certificate of Authenticity which all the other channels are able to provide.

Like Tabs, my deliveries have been very prompt, which is great, but I would still like some advance warning - it's only by chance that I've been in.

My other main concern is that twice now I've spotted from the paperwork accompanying my order that a couple of the items have been charged a little higher than the final auction price. I think in both instances it where a few more pounds came off just before the auction ended. It's only a matter of a few pounds in each case, but it's still overcharging and I've had to request a refund, which is a pain. Fortunately we can now access our orders, so I was able to print off a copy (which showed the correct prices) and send it to them so there could be no confusion.

:Hiya: Pimms

I had an item which was higher on the invoice too. Only £1 but I emailed them and put a receipt on the email so I know they got it but they didn't bother replying!! As it turns out when I checked my credit card I had been charged the correct lower amount. It would have been nice to get a reply though.

However, I have to say that their invoicing is attrocious!! I received an order today (see other thread) and there were 5 items. Stapled together though were 7 invoices!! There were 2 invoices for items my hubby didn't order but they only had a vague description on them and no Product Code. One said "Rhodolite, Iolite & Mozambique Garnet Silver" and the other just said "Pendant". The total of each invoice carries forward to the next invoice so we could see from the final invoice that nothing had been charged fortunately as these 2 mystery items weren't received.

Another thing which I just found out about was that my hubby added a Silver Rutile Quartz ring which he saw for only £7 to the order. However, he received a letter the other day saying that while he was paying for it (by phone) they had sold out so they couldn't supply it! They gave a code for free postage off his next order but I don't think that's good enough. Between us we've spent a substantial amount of money with Rocks & Co over the past few weeks so I think their stock error warrants a bit more than free postage!

I have no complaints (as yet) with the jewellery but it's a shame their reputation is suffering because their systems are so poor.

Hi Meeshoo:

Gav here, although this isn’t gem related, I thought I’d write a short note to let you know that we watch shoppingtelly very closely, appreciate your feedback and are always improving.

Regarding point 1, Klosblue is correct, since 16th October the following has been next to the item number in each customer’s basket: ‘IN BASKET: 00:00 XX/XX/08’. This lets you know the where and when’s, no genius required.

On point 3, yes we’ve had some inconsistencies with delivery times. As posted elsewhere on shoppingtelly, sometimes they’re quicker than expected and sometimes… well let’s just say it keeps me up at night. Around 30% of orders have been slower than we’d like due to systems issues. This is not acceptable and we’re now up to date. Expect delivery times of 3 – 5 working days.

Your points 2, 4, 5 and 7 are all valid and all related to those dreaded systems. Please rest assured we’re doing everything humanly possible to improve over the next few weeks.

Point 6 makes me hot under the collar and I sincerely apologise. If CS does not call you back in the future and you have the person’s name, drop me a private message with the details and I’ll take care it. Finally, we’ve spoken to the producers re point 8, expect more time after crashes.

Thanks again for your feedback and to everyone at shoppingtelly for being so candid. Our jewellery and gemstones are fantastic, and we’re committed to making our systems the same. While Ara is no longer with us, Rocks & Co. Helper is here to look after our friends at shoppingtelly. While I do read everyone’s posts, I sometimes feel like I’m intruding if I chime in on a gem issue (e.g. matrix opal), so if you want my advice, opinion or specific comments on our gemstones or jewellery, please let me know.

Best Wishes,

Gavin ‘Gemstone Gav’ Linsell

Hi Gav, Its good to see you on here and see that Rocks&co are taking notice of our "area's of concern"...Please, please, please allow more time with crashes, nothing more frustrating than seeing an item drop to "your price" with 20 seconds left and not having time to call in!!! I have just received my second order from Rocks&Co and am very impressed with the items and the delivery time has been reasonable too...within the 3-5 days quoted! Keep up the good work please?!

I'm sure lots of us would like to see more of your input on the gemstones, particularly the "newer" ones :- Matrix opal etc, so please feel free to comment where you can.

L.

Hi Tabs:

Thank you very much for your support and kind words. I am delighted that you are impressed with our jewellery. Rest assured we do consider all your feedback.

Regarding gemstones, I think the best way is to just ask me questions or my thoughts on a post and I'll respond ASAP.

Best Wishes,

Gav

Thanks for posting Gav,:1:
I've had a couple of orders from you so far,(it's been 1/2 term so had no time to post up,)Everything's been great,including the rather fantastic bargain £1 black opal ring which has been sucessfully downsized and is now firmly on Pimms' and my mother's finger.
My only grouse has been that,although Maker and Mend,(the re-sizers,)say they use DHL,they actually used Securemail,(maybe a branch of DHL,I don't know.)I missed the delivery and because I didn't want to stay in 9-5 for a re-delivery,asked if I could pick it up.I may have misheard but I'm sure the woman said that the nearest depot was Chancery Lane!Why are they not using DHL who have nearer pick up points?

Hi Indigoblue:

No worries, always here to help. Thank you for your patronage and congratulations on the black opal ring!

Let me look in the delivery issue and either Rocks & Co. Helper or I will get back to you ASAP.

Best Wishes,

Gav

:Hiya: Gav

I'd like to thank you for coming on to the forum. I feel the "personal touch" goes a long way and helps build confidence in Rocks & Co. so thanks to you and to Rocks Helper.

I've been lucky enough to have received quite a few pieces either which I have bought myself or my hubby has surprised me with - wonder what he's after!! Anyway, I have been very pleased with every item and haven't returned any. I realise that your systems have been causing problems and yes I've had a moan too but I'm sure these teething problems will soon be a thing of the past.

I've been looking for a Rubellite ring for a while now but haven't seen exactly what I'd like yet so wondered if you'll be having any coming up on Rocks?

Gav, it's great to see you posting on here and to know that you read our posts and are taking your cs so seriously. I used to love it when you and Don came on and taught us so much about the gemstones and their origins - any chance that you will be making an appearance on Rocks?

Gav

Thanks for the reply. It's good to know that Rocks&Co are listening.

However, I thought you might like to know that it's been 10 days now and I'm still waiting for a delivery. CS's response is "well I can email the warehouse" and "sorry I can't do anything and don't know when delivery will be".

Quite clearly this is unacceptable and I'm now going to cancel the order! If you look at Melusina's post earlier, she's been waiting for over 2 weeks for an order!!!

So the person who's told you that deliveries are up to date and sorted needs a strong talking to!!!

M x

Hi Gemstone Gav,didn't know you had moved from gems,you were always a pleasure to listen to and your books were great. Can anyone sort out the andalusite I saw auctioned for £89 and they now want £139,bit of a difference. You have been missed.

Hi Guys:

Thanks for all your thanks.

Indigoblue, Meeshoo, Melisona and NannieA I have passed your queries onto Rocks & Co. Helper for her immediate attention. I am not passing the buck here, it will be more efficient if someone in your time zone handles these. For those unaware, I am based in Thailand.

Meeshoo: I am saddened and annoyed to learn of your and Melusina's ongoing delivery delays. While I assume these are isolated instances, I will be speaking to those responsible today.

NannieA: I assume you are referring to the difference between the auction price and the fixed price on the website. Bargains abound in the auctions, so keep watching, it may be auctioned again!

Klosblue, you share my passion for Rubellite. We have some excellent Rubellite already in the UK, so stay tuned. With only a handful of significant deposits discovered in the 20th century, Rubellite is a rarity, so if you see something you like that fits your budget, never hesitate. More on Rubellite in 2009. Please don’t ask for details, I’m sworn to secrecy.

Jacqualina: While I think you can count on seeing me on Rocks & Co. at some point in the future, Tony Diniz will be appearing again shortly. Tony travels the world hunting for gemstones, has a wealth of knowledge and is a good friend.

Thanks again to everyone.

Best Wishes,

Gav

Looking forward to seeing you at some point in the future Gav. I have seen Tony and he too is a pleasure to learn from.
Now on to more serious issues. My main concern with Rocks&Co is that you can only keep items in your basket for 24 hours. I was really hoping this could be extended somewhat as it has now stopped me buying. I do not want to pay p&p several times if I see items on separate days, but still within a few days of each other. Also, it's frankly quite embarrassing having the delivery man pull up three times in a week! I will now probably only buy if it is something that I desparately want, whereas if my basket could stay open longer, I have no doubt I would buy more just on spec.
To add to delivery woes, I am still waiting for an order placed on October 17th. After enquiring about it, I was told it would be delivered yesterday, but unfortunately still nothing so obviously the probems not ironed out yet.

Latest posts

Back