Repeat shows as live

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Atoastfan

Registered Shopper
As the title says. I may be mistaken and doing IW a disservice but I'm fairly sure the mobility scooter hour showing now (1200 Monday 30th) is a repeat of the show last week. If not they have rehearsed very well as the first 10 mins, all I watched, was identical to when I saw it before, same speil from the guy presenting, same fake reactions etc.
Obviously it's no biggie but I thought that's what the extra channel was for and the main one did live stuff.

Ive just watched the 11am pan hour and I know 100% that that was recorded as the words were visibly out of sync, also at the end it went straight to that Hanspree tablet clip with her immediately, it doesn't bother me to be honest because it's still watching the item but they should put "recorded" graphics on because it's deceitful otherwise and should be reported to the ASA for it.

You mean that when they tell you that it's the busiest point of the show it's actually the busiest point of last weeks show ?

That is an interesting point.

For example, they may also be telling you their stock updates, eg almost limited stock, better jump to the phones, etc.

If it is recorded, this is blatant lies, and was probably lies in the original show as well. Another ASA topic, if it can be 100% proved (such as by recording the shows yourself).

Ive just watched the 11am pan hour and I know 100% that that was recorded as the words were visibly out of sync, also at the end it went straight to that Hanspree tablet clip with her immediately, it doesn't bother me to be honest because it's still watching the item but they should put "recorded" graphics on because it's deceitful otherwise and should be reported to the ASA for it.

I watched this, with Salleh and William? I didn't realise it was a repeat, was only half watching but I noticed she said 75% of the stock had gone and they had four colours, so the amount left of each colour must have been small. What's the betting the colour you wanted had gone if you'd have ordered in this repeat hour?

For example, they may also be telling you their stock updates, eg almost limited stock, better jump to the phones, etc.

If it is recorded, this is blatant lies, and was probably lies in the original show as well. Another ASA topic, if it can be 100% proved (such as by recording the shows yourself).
You don't have to record the shows yourself-if a complaint is made the ASA simply tells them to hand over both shows and they will determine if one is a recording masquerading as a live broadcast.

I watched this, with Salleh and William? I didn't realise it was a repeat, was only half watching but I noticed she said 75% of the stock had gone and they had four colours, so the amount left of each colour must have been small. What's the betting the colour you wanted had gone if you'd have ordered in this repeat hour?

What I am saying is that they are lying about the stock levels, and have loads left in the repeats.

This is an ASA no-no and downright misleading broadcasting. Seems as if IW are heading more and more down the dodgy Bid TV route...

I've just noticed that the pick of the day I'm watching now, the Pearl hair remover I've just bought, that the same is happening on that programme too so I'm wondering have they gone on a time delay? I can understand that because the likes of Pervy Pete is a liability so maybe they've had a complaint about him as I did hear him say "I'm on that Twatter thingy, you know the Twatter thing, I'm trying to get the hang of it" yesterday and I was gobsmack to hear that so early in the day, so I'm thinking maybe they've gone out on a slight time delay to edit out things like this so technically they are live.

It's often extremely hard to tell if something is live or recorded. Not sure if it's a deliberate ploy or not. Unless you are a regular watcher of particular shows, it is extremely hard to tell. Channel hopping with the Nutribullet Blockbuster they had the same VT of the guy who apparently lost loads of weight simply by beginning to drink nutriblasts as part of his diet...

It's often extremely hard to tell if something is live or recorded. Not sure if it's a deliberate ploy or not. Unless you are a regular watcher of particular shows, it is extremely hard to tell. Channel hopping with the Nutribullet Blockbuster they had the same VT of the guy who apparently lost loads of weight simply by beginning to drink nutriblasts as part of his diet...

Yes I've noticed that, same as the woman on that No! No! Promo on QVC, they've used the same before and after since as far back as I can remember.

I was also under the impression that they had to show something on-screen to indicate that it was a recording? Has that all changed, or was I imagining it?

Oh flippin heck, how many times has that recording been on? The thing is if they keep showing the same one, it looks what it is: that he's the only person who has rung in to praise it!! Looks desperate, to me. OK, show it a couple of times and then ditch it. It's like these jewellery channels that continually show the same person, for example "Brenda from Bradford", talking about how wonderful their jewellery is. It's like seeing the same advert over and over again in the ad.breaks.

(

I've just noticed that the pick of the day I'm watching now, the Pearl hair remover I've just bought, that the same is happening on that programme too so I'm wondering have they gone on a time delay? I can understand that because the likes of Pervy Pete is a liability so maybe they've had a complaint about him as I did hear him say "I'm on that Twatter thingy, you know the Twatter thing, I'm trying to get the hang of it" yesterday and I was gobsmack to hear that so early in the day, so I'm thinking maybe they've gone out on a slight time delay to edit out things like this so technically they are live.

If he had done that anywhere else that early in the day, he would have been sacked on the spot.

If he had done that anywhere else that early in the day, he would have been sacked on the spot.

I think to say that anytime of the day anywhere else and he'd have got the sack, I had to rewind it to see if he actually did say it and he did, as usual he thought he was being funny but wasn't and over stepped the mark.

He was at it last night on the handspree thingy he always slips one in if you pardon the expression its £29.99 eh no peter its @89.99 how he gets away with it is disgraceful.:mysmilie_51:

He was at it last night on the handspree thingy he always slips one in if you pardon the expression its £29.99 eh no peter its @89.99 how he gets away with it is disgraceful.:mysmilie_51:

You can take the idiot out of Bid............

You can take the idiot out of Bid............

It seems to me that I/W have a low estimation of the viewing public, and seem to be rather happy with that view. I have some telly selly on in the background and several times I do hear the claims that the price is less than the full price. The price given several times is a one month payment - but if an item is £99.99 for example, it is often quoted as today's price is £33.33, with no mention of the two remaining payments which in my opinion is misleading. If I/W seem happy they are covered by the "correct info" on the screen, why can't they get the presenter to do their job properly and not give incorrect or misleading price info??

I think to say that anytime of the day anywhere else and he'd have got the sack, I had to rewind it to see if he actually did say it and he did, as usual he thought he was being funny but wasn't and over stepped the mark.

He's done this 'joke' before: 3:26 onwards

Pervy Pete doesn't need tw@tter. He is the whole embodiment of one...

Latest posts

Back