Candles And Votives at Aldi

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think you will be disappointed. Let us know if I'm wrong. If these cheap, copycat candles were the same quality, Village and Yankee wouldn't sell for the prices they do.

Thanks Autumn I'm going to stock up again, they had similar at the beginning of this year and they're absolutely gorgeous, great burn time and a lovely throw of fragrance, brilliant value for money.

Yankee sell at the price they do because they know devotees will pay it, they're an establish brand name now like QVC, so they can charge what they like because like I say people will pay it. I however won't, so I like reasonably priced tea-lights and votives, I'm happy with that, just so happens Aldi are brilliant quality too.

I think you will be disappointed. Let us know if I'm wrong. If these cheap, copycat candles were the same quality, Village and Yankee wouldn't sell for the prices they do.

I always think it's difficult to compare as our response to scent is so individual... even if you agree with someone about one scent, there will be others where your opinions diverge.

I've chopped the velvet rose votive in half and put it into my Glade warmer and it's fragranced the lounge so very pleased with them so far . Going back to Aldi tomorrow to get another set if there's any left..

I don't buy as many candles now but, when I do, it is Yankee, more than Village. I have had the cheaper versions, as chrissie pressies. Without being ungrateful, the quality is not there. I usually break them up, and use in my burner.
It depends what you expect from a candle; one's reaction to a scent, is subjective. And what your price range is.
I have used another brand, Tanyas Tarts, and they prove an exception; the flavours are gorgeous, the range is varied, and the longevity of the scent is there. They are in the same league as Yankee.

the simply home range by yankee is much better smelling imo and lots cheaper than the hit and miss housewarmer collection. yankee candles are overated and the quality is not as good generally

I genuinely think that YC have been cutting costs, and it shows. I like watching the shows though because of Rosa and Stephen.

Totally agree regarding simply home range, I've never had a poor throwing fragrance from that range but tbh I would still pick Village candles over Yankee Candles any day.

I am very interested in what you think of these Autumn. I am definitely going off Yankee apart from the melts. I bought a large Berry Trifle jar this year and once again the throw is weak. I got so much more fragrance from the votive l bought to sample the scent. The quality of Yankee has got very hit and miss in my opinion, some are OK but others are shocking, a complete lack of consistency.

Yankee have gone downhill over the last couple of years IMO. The scent is weak and does not last half has long as it used to.

there are many candle companies doing a better job than the brand leader yankee. go in tk max / homesense there are dozens of lovely candles going cheap that smell lovely

I have no idea how qvc can sell so many YC's when you can walk into any Clinton store and pick your favourite scented candle, I fell for the selling spiel in the past and have drawers full of candles. I don't use them anymore as I am rather chesty and don't think the scented candles helped. I now use an air purifier/ ioniser with my favourite sandalwood essence. I still watch the odd YC show, it depend on who is presenting/and if I have nothing better to do....

i think a lot of people collect them considering yankee have made millions of different scents and retire regularly. keeps people buying and stock piling

i think a lot of people collect them considering yankee have made millions of different scents and retire regularly. keeps people buying and stock piling

Yes!!! And there is so much active encouragement from QVC... they simply love a collector... be it Charlie Bears, or Kipling bags, or Butler and Wilson "pieces" or any number of other things that can be bought in great quantity as a result of how many different variations they produce.

It's funny because many would say I'm a real clutterbug, but I can't do with collections... my mum did the Franklin Mint* tea pots, one of my aunts collected teaspoons... another relative got into Humbolt figurines, another model steam engines and small cars. I just see it as more stuff to dust! It's great if it gives someone pleasure and is within their budget, but it's just not for me.

* And wasn't the founder of QVC some bigwig in Franklin Mint??

i cant collect candles. they fullfill my sense of smell (when they actually do smell) coco nut bay had zero throw. how they ever released that candle i dont know

Latest posts

Back