Bissell Power Vacuum cleaner - possibly the most unconvincing demo ever?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Just caught some of the Bissell Power vacuum cleaner demo with Mikey boy and guest. What a joke. The "very heavily soiled" piece of red carpet that was used for the demo. did not look at all heavily soiled to me, just had a layer of brown powder and/or dust on it. Heavily soiled to me equals dirt and stains, not just a layer of dust on top, and no ordinary vacuum action will remove soaked-in stains. So that was a load of tosh to start with, but of course there were gasps of amazement after the demo. and Mikey boy then says "ah, but what about if you have a black carpet that really shows the dirt" (does anyone have a black carpet??). The guest then moved to the piece of black carpet and the camera came in for a close up - when you could clearly see the dust and dirt still remaining on the piece of red carpet he'd already vacuumed!! Very convincing (not). Could do better. Things must be bad, because Mikey's now gone into a whole heart-melting routine about how IW have been in business for so long and (quote): "we'll be in business for another 15 years". Er, are you sure of that, Mikey???

It was funny H, just turned over last night to hear Poward make the comment "well blow them!"...........I thought whoa Poward! A bit too much information :mysmilie_17:

Oh, er, missus! My mind is now positively boggling...no, I must think of green fields and sunshine, to get that image out of my mind.......help.!!!!:puke::whew:
It was funny H, just turned over last night to hear Poward make the comment "well blow them!"...........I thought whoa Poward! A bit too much information :mysmilie_17:

Just caught some of the Bissell Power vacuum cleaner demo with Mikey boy and guest. What a joke. The "very heavily soiled" piece of red carpet that was used for the demo. did not look at all heavily soiled to me, just had a layer of brown powder and/or dust on it. Heavily soiled to me equals dirt and stains, not just a layer of dust on top, and no ordinary vacuum action will remove soaked-in stains. So that was a load of tosh to start with, but of course there were gasps of amazement after the demo. and Mikey boy then says "ah, but what about if you have a black carpet that really shows the dirt" (does anyone have a black carpet??). The guest then moved to the piece of black carpet and the camera came in for a close up - when you could clearly see the dust and dirt still remaining on the piece of red carpet he'd already vacuumed!! Very convincing (not). Could do better. Things must be bad, because Mikey's now gone into a whole heart-melting routine about how IW have been in business for so long and (quote): "we'll be in business for another 15 years". Er, are you sure of that, Mikey???

Weren't Bid all smug before they were cut off unceremoniously? I seem tp remember Perfume Pete saying "we're going nowhere". Mmm...

The demo may have been a bit naff but I can vouch for the vacuum. I bought one when it was on special earlier this year. I'd had a vax for a couple of years with pet attachment, the biggest load of carp money could buy. I have a black rug and 2 molting cats and it didn't lift the cat hair, I used to be on my hands and knees with tape once a week to **** it, so much so I was on the verge of buying a new rug. Opted for this vacuum and the rug was like new after the first use, brilliant. Used on the bedroom carpets good job no-one else was there, it go so much shake & vac out of pile that must have been there for months and I thought the bedrooms were clean.

Forgot to say with the 5 yr gurantee, if it does pack up I can get it repaired or a new one.

Last edited:
The demo may have been a bit naff but I can vouch for the vacuum. I bought one when it was on special earlier this year. I'd had a vax for a couple of years with pet attachment, the biggest load of carp money could buy. I have a black rug and 2 molting cats and it didn't lift the cat hair, I used to be on my hands and knees with tape once a week to **** it, so much so I was on the verge of buying a new rug. Opted for this vacuum and the rug was like new after the first use, brilliant. Used on the bedroom carpets good job no-one else was there, it go so much shake & vac out of pile that must have been there for months and I thought the bedrooms were clean.

Yes that's true, I joke around about the BidTv presenters, I don't like them being on IW I don't trust them, so I do take the Micky out of the presenters, but can't knock IW products or their service.

Good to know your experience is that it does work, but the demo did it no favours whatsoever, which is sad if it does work OK.

QUOTE=dtb123;831484]The demo may have been a bit naff but I can vouch for the vacuum. I bought one when it was on special earlier this year. I'd had a vax for a couple of years with pet attachment, the biggest load of carp money could buy. I have a black rug and 2 molting cats and it didn't lift the cat hair, I used to be on my hands and knees with tape once a week to **** it, so much so I was on the verge of buying a new rug. Opted for this vacuum and the rug was like new after the first use, brilliant. Used on the bedroom carpets good job no-one else was there, it go so much shake & vac out of pile that must have been there for months and I thought the bedrooms were clean.

Forgot to say with the 5 yr gurantee, if it does pack up I can get it repaired or a new one.[/QUOTE]

The general Shittyness which is Dennice has again referenced her daughter 'who is special needs' to sell this piece of crap. I have a genuine hatred for this woman, probably unhealthily, seeing as she's just some bint on a second-rate shopping channel. But....grrrr....

Latest posts

Back