Northern Nights: Sleep Naturally TSV 19/02/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's nice, I need some new bedding. Do we know if there are more colours yet? Sian

That's nice, I need some new bedding. Do we know if there are more colours yet? Sian

duck egg, lavender, taupe & white

as to go with

Northern Nights Valance with 600TC Eyptian Cotton Skirt Panel
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.804676

Northern Nights 600TC Egyptian Cotton Set of 2 Stripe Flat Sheets
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.804677

Northern Nights 600TC Egyptian Cotton Reversible Stripe Feather Filled Cushion
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.804687

Northern Nights 600TC Egyptian Cotton Reversible Stripe 6 Piece Duvet Set
Item Number: 804684
P&P: £7.95

Single QVC Price £99 Todays Special Value Price £81

Double QVC Price £108 Todays Special Value Price £90

King Size QVC Price £132 Todays Special Value Price £108

Super King Size Single QVC Price £138 Todays Special Value Price £114

Luxuriate in this 600 thread count, Egyptian cotton six-piece bedding set from Northern Nights, comprising a duvet cover, two Oxford pillowcases, two housewife pillowcases and a fitted sheet. The subtle reversible design, with a woven stripe pattern on one side and thin stripes on the other, offers the perfect style to add a focal point to your bedroom.

Sleep tight - enhance your bedtime routine with this fantastic set, the incredibly soft 600 thread count Egyptian cotton invites you to burrow in for a great night's sleep.

Colourful options - choose between four beautiful shades, the White and Taupe are perfect for the lover of neutrals while the Duck Egg and Lavender add a pretty pop of pastel fun.

100% cotton
Machine washable at 30 degrees

Contains:

1 x duvet cover
2 x Oxford pillowcases
2 x housewife pillowcase
1 x fitted sheet

Colour options:

White
Taupe
Duck Egg
Lavender

Measurements:
Duvet cover:

Single: 135cm x 200cm (53" x 79")
Double: 200cm x 200cm (79" x 79")
King: 230cm x 220cm (91" x 87")
Super King: 260cm x 220cm (102" x 87")

Fitted sheet:

Single: 92cm x 192cm (36" x 76")
Double: 135cm x 190cm (53" x 75")
King: 152cm x 202cm (60" x 80")
Super King: 185cm x 202cm (73" x 80")
Fitted sheet depth: 38cm (15")

Pillowcases:

Housewife pillowcases: 50cm x 75cm (20" x 30")
Oxford pillowcases: 50cm x 75cm (20" x 30") with a 5cm (2") border

The price above will initially display the lowest and highest priced options. The price for your choice will be shown once you select your preferred option.

All measurements are approximate
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.804684

Craig was doing his usual orchestra conducting this morning - waving his ****** arms about all over the place. What's wrong with the man ? he's overdoing it on the media training, flapping his arms about like a sodding seal.

I know he appeals to a lot, but these presenters/news journalists/Homes in the Sun bunch (mainly men), love to air dry their hands to fill up the screen, and quite frankly its irritating (second only to calling everyone, regardless of age or gender, "guys"). They only need a hanky in each and they'd be ok as Morris Dancers !!!!

Who does QVC regard as it's target audience? is a question I have, of late, been asking myself. Perhaps it has always been the same, I don't know, as I only catch snippets, whilst off work. Whilst the tsv is not at a 'come and buy me' price, it is okay for what you get. I have special Sleepy Cow pillows, with their proprietory cases, so woud only use the cover and sheet. But the set of two flat sheets, would be a more suitable buy. Until I saw the price. Now, I can afford to pay it but, £87.00 + postage of £7.95 for two sheets, is extracting the urine. £95 for a pair of sheets. NN is not even - not that it makes a difference, but may explain the inflated cost - a designer/celebrity brand.
I would assume the populus of the QVC viewers, are either retired, or stay at home mums, who have to feed and clothe young kids. To spend the kind of money NN bedding is now selling at, is unrealistic. Their priority, will be to have happy, healthy kids. They don't need to put £100 sheets on their beds, to ensure they get a good night's sleep!

I agree Louise I have 3 NN sets (all. OTO, TSV or clearance prices, and one Kelly Hoppen (also clearance) for our bed, I wanted my children to have a couple of the flannel sets each to keep them warm but I bought them 4 years ago when they were tiny and put them away until they were big enough for single beds. My son has a candy stripe and a snowflake set, and my daughter has candy stripe and a raspberry colour polka dot set. Both were significantly cheaper 4 years ago than they are now, I think this was around the time that posters on here started to comment on the rapidly rising prices of NN. I think that's why I bought when I did, even though they were not needed. I have them on their beds now and I have noticed the children sleep right through the night more often, and need waking up for school more often! Combination of the dark mornings and snuggly bedding I assume!

I think the previous TSVs l have bought were around £65- £70 for a double set. This is extremely expensive and also it looks almost identical to one l bought two years ago in March which was a TSV. I am disappointed with both the design and price.

I wouldn't describe myself as poor (or rich!) but £90 plus £7.95 postage for a double set even if it includes a sheet and pillow cases is extortionate in my opinion. Last year I bought a lovely duvet set in Next which included 2 pillow cases and a fitted sheet which included another set of pillow cases and both cost a lot less than £98...just checked and they cost £50 in total. They've lasted well having been washed nearly every week. Mind you only 180 thread count....eek how could I put such low thread count on my bed....and that of my offspring!

personally dont like qvc high thread count. it feel cheap and costs a lot of money for what it is

I'm getting the impression the QVC high threat count feels hard to touch? Perhaps it softens upon washing but I frankly wouldn't take the risk at that price. I only wash my bedding once a fortnight (weather here doesn't lend itself to more!) so I'd really only get one wash before deciding to send back or not under the famous QVC mbg.

I bought a couple of NN pillowcases in last clicks just to check the quality and they are like rags even though they are supposed to be 200 thread count. I buy my bed linen from John Lewis or the DHS

I'm getting the impression the QVC high threat count feels hard to touch? Perhaps it softens upon washing but I frankly wouldn't take the risk at that price. I only wash my bedding once a fortnight (weather here doesn't lend itself to more!) so I'd really only get one wash before deciding to send back or not under the famous QVC mbg.

No, not hard.. actually flimsy and without any substance to it. It's very thin. It feels like a frequently washed level of softness from the start. Unless you iron every time you wash it, it looks like a rag. I was shocked at the quality, and if it hadn't taken me so long to get it out of the packet I would have returned it. Until I bought a NN TSV, I used to buy on the high street. I have Debenhams, Sheridan, White Company, Dorma, Bedeck. NN is definitely inferior to all of these, in my opinion.

I've recently been buying from Next because I like their designs and they can be ordered online (plus for me since I don't live near a city now) but I used to buy from elsewhere like John Lewis and have just thrown out a Dorma set which I had for 20 years! I can't think how many times I used and washed it but eventually had to throw it out because it developed a hole at the bottom and one of the matching pillowcases disintegrated. Not thinking my hubby would have noticed or cared what was on the bed, I was taken aback when he announced he was pleased the 'floral effort' was no more!

I agree Louise I have 3 NN sets (all. OTO, TSV or clearance prices, and one Kelly Hoppen (also clearance) for our bed, I wanted my children to have a couple of the flannel sets each to keep them warm but I bought them 4 years ago when they were tiny and put them away until they were big enough for single beds. My son has a candy stripe and a snowflake set, and my daughter has candy stripe and a raspberry colour polka dot set. Both were significantly cheaper 4 years ago than they are now, I think this was around the time that posters on here started to comment on the rapidly rising prices of NN. I think that's why I bought when I did, even though they were not needed. I have them on their beds now and I have noticed the children sleep right through the night more often, and need waking up for school more often! Combination of the dark mornings and snuggly bedding I assume!

i have some nn flannel and its very good. but dont rate the cotton high thread count stuff

Latest posts

Back