Nail products

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
Is it my imagination or are there fewer nail product shows recently and far more skincare and cosmetics - including many new ranges ?

Also has Bobbi Brown left ?

Bobbi Brown was on before Christmas, I remember getting a shimmer brick. The brand only tends to be on once every couple of months.

Nail brands tend to leave QVC quite quickly. Essie, Butter of London(both brilliant brands) went very quickly, far less OPI these days as well. It seem Nails Inc are the brand they are pushing the most this past few years. Leighton Denny is not on as much either. They have Deborah Lippman now but I found polishes chip like mad very quickly.

Nail care they drop them too. I remember trying Trind and loving the nail balsam(I have dehydrated nails) and ended up doing subscribe and Save on Amazon at QVC stopped it.

Hi EricsMum hope you are well. I was wondering about Bobbi Brown too as there are a lot of her products in Clearance. I wonder whether the likes of Essie and Butter London don't last on QVC asQVC doesn't have much control. I only say this because the other brands mentioned Nail inc, Leighton Denny and OPI always have colours in the TSV kits created just for QVC.

I don't know if there's a link, but OPI haven't been on much since Lisa hasn't been representing them. I assume QVC are still linked to her family business as Julie is still doing the demonstrations - but I'm not keen on their new lady, and by the time you add on the postage, QVC's prices on most of their stock are no cheaper than paying full price in the shops, so I look out for OPI in TKMaxx now.
And if others feel the same it won't be long until it's not economical for QVC to keep OPI as well.

OPI has been on quite a bit recently.

Next Bobbi Brown show is on 4th February.

I don't know if there's a link, but OPI haven't been on much since Lisa hasn't been representing them. I assume QVC are still linked to her family business as Julie is still doing the demonstrations - but I'm not keen on their new lady, and by the time you add on the postage, QVC's prices on most of their stock are no cheaper than paying full price in the shops, so I look out for OPI in TKMaxx now.
And if others feel the same it won't be long until it's not economical for QVC to keep OPI as well.

That's a good point. I was surprised that I was able to pick up OPI Starlight (Christmas 2015) collection from TK Maxx before Christmas. I also think that there are a lot more nail companies that are giving OPI a run for their money.

OPI is now owned by Coty, same as Philosophy (who are currently retreating from retailing in the UK - maybe a trend we could see with OPI?). Lisa is Commercial Director or some similar senior role in the Coty-owned UK OPI operation. Julie, her sister, runs a nailcare salon. Their mum, Lena has now retired.

Hi EricsMum hope you are well. I was wondering about Bobbi Brown too as there are a lot of her products in Clearance. I wonder whether the likes of Essie and Butter London don't last on QVC asQVC doesn't have much control. I only say this because the other brands mentioned Nail inc, Leighton Denny and OPI always have colours in the TSV kits created just for QVC.

Hi to you too ! What was the other forum we used to chat on, I've got a brain like candy floss since I've retired ! I suspect you are right about QVC having less control over the large companies - despite their so-called buying power.

I buy most of my nail colours and care when I go to Florida, at a fraction of the price. (Have I just answered my own question ?)

Nail brands tend to leave QVC quite quickly. Essie, Butter of London(both brilliant brands) went very quickly, far less OPI these days as well. It seem Nails Inc are the brand they are pushing the most this past few years. Leighton Denny is not on as much either. They have Deborah Lippman now but I found polishes chip like mad very quickly.

Nail care they drop them too. I remember trying Trind and loving the nail balsam(I have dehydrated nails) and ended up doing subscribe and Save on Amazon at QVC stopped it.

I'm sorry I didn't read this post yesterday. Was browsing the nail products in Boots and came across Butter but didn't take the risk as I had never heard of the range and resorted to Nails Inc instead. I know you are a bit of a guru as far as this is concerned so your recommendation is good enough for me!

I saw in TK Maxx they had the 50 shades of grey mini sets for £12.99. They also had lots of Illamasqua for £3.99 including the speckled nail varnishes which remind me of Cadburys mini eggs in colour! I purchased a pink, lilac & blue one. Really pleased look fab on & have lasted days with no chips.

I do love the Hello Kitty range from OPI as well. Didn't know that Q used to sell Essie or Butter. I thought Essie was a fairly budget brand in comparison to OPI & leighton Denny Etc

Latest posts

Back