Best shampoo you swear by .

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

diamonds

Registered Shopper
There are so many shampoos in the market and QVC . I know each ones hair type will be different but I have felt that most of them are either dry or oily and also after few washes make no difference inspite of using the clarifying shampoo to detox .Which do you find the best .

faith in nature, keeps my hair and scalp lovely, no nasties. If I want extra silvery hair then I use klorane

I use iherb for a lot of stuff. That shampoo contains coal tar extracts , not good

Last edited:
I am a Wen user since 2014, no my hair has not fallen out. It shiny and super soft and healthy looking, oh it grows like mad and my colour stays in longer. Two washes a week is all that is needed.

I don't think you can really rely on other people's opinions about shampoo because there are so many different types of hair that what suits one will never suit another.

Eva Professional Capilo range. Had dry overproessed hair when i started using this range and now have shiny glossy hair I have always aspired to but thought unobtainable.

I have very short hair so every morning whilst showering I just give it one quick wash with a mild shampoo. I don`t apply shampoo twice, it doesn`t need it and it air dries in minutes. If I don`t wash it then I resemble a petrified porcupine with my hair standing on end.
I like Faith in Nature shampoo too and I`ve used Simple shampoo, plus once or twice a week I use Yves Rocher low poo, its a bit like Wen, a non lathering cream. I`ve also used an unperfumed shampoo base from Naturally Thinking, no nasties, plain and simple, cleans well and costs very little

The shampoo love of my life was Aveda Sap Moss, but they sadly discontinued it! It took many years before i found something on a par with that, Lush Fairly Traded Honey. Love it so much that i recently purchased the big size. Only need a small amount and find it very moisturising on my thick bob length hair. Can also go an extra day before needing to wash my hair. Happy bunny here :mysmilie_14:

I thought of you Nicnac when the passing of Alan Rickman was on the news recently, hope you're okay.

I'm still looking for the perfect hair care range. I used to love Aveda, but the products have been cheapened by EL....as usual.
I tried some Philip Kingsley from Q, but had to return because they made my scalp itch like mad, and my scalp isn't particularly sensitive.
One of the worst I tried though was Ojon....again, EL reformulated.

If you have itchy scalp there is a good chance the culprit is sodium laureth sulfate (SLS).
I always find it ironic that anti-dandruff shampoos have this as their base - when actually for some the dandruff is a reaction to the SLS!

It is a known skin irritant, although some can tolerate it with no problem. It's used because it's very cheap and keeps the price of the end-product down. I won't buy Philip Kingsley shampoos because they all contain it. I won't buy most bath and shower products from L'Occitane because they contain it (just the Almond shower oil is without). Their Aromachology range is a bit strange - the shower/bath products don't contain SLS but the shampoos (with the sole exception of the colour treated hair shampoo) do. I can tolerate Australian Body Care body wash which has it, but it's a rarity.

In terms of stuff QVC sells, I used to buy the Operation Glam (part of the Time Bomb family) - no SLS and the volumising range works very well. Liz Earle shampoo doesn't have SLS and I really enjoy it. Elemis foaming stuff (and Mandara Spa and Bliss which are all part of the same family) don't use SLS. I also have the Hairfix - which is also SLS-free.

I've got Wen, but I can't say I'm bowled over.

I'd be more inclined to consider QVC shampoos if they'd bother to put the ingredients listing for them on the website.

The shampoo love of my life was Aveda Sap Moss, but they sadly discontinued it! It took many years before i found something on a par with that, Lush Fairly Traded Honey. Love it so much that i recently purchased the big size. Only need a small amount and find it very moisturising on my thick bob length hair. Can also go an extra day before needing to wash my hair. Happy bunny here :mysmilie_14:
Oh, I will try that! Do you use a conditioner after the shampoo?

I've been using Hairfix for several months, and I've been very happy with it. I agree though, that you will never get consensus on hair products, as there are too many variables.

What I love about threads like this is that it gives you new ideas of things you might try that you hadn't previously considered. :mysmilie_59:

I really like Molton Brown Kumudu volumising shampoo and conditioner. Love the smell and the only shampoo/conditioner that actually give my baby fine hair some bounce and volume. Endorsed by Cruelty Free International (Leaping Bunny).

Are there any you can buy in places like Boots or Superdrug that are SLS free?
I live miles from any Lush or big department stores

I used to buy MOP Glisten shampoo from QVC but sadly the company stopped manufacturing it. Why is it when I like something it is always discontinued?

Are there any you can buy in places like Boots or Superdrug that are SLS free?
I live miles from any Lush or big department stores
The OGX range are all SLS free, and they are in Boots and most supermarkets. I've used the coconut milk and coconut water ones, and my mum likes their argan oil range (we have very different hair types!)
https://www.ogxbeauty.com/hair/

I loved Aveda's shampure , when QVC finished stocking it I tried MOP but didn't like it, so moved on to Frizz Ease by John Frieda... I think I might have a look about for Aveda again as my scalp has started to itch just lately....

Latest posts

Back