Yong Kim

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No idea if it's owned by QVC ,but all that there is the same old shows ,jewellery outlets with love rocks and gossip watches ,fashion with Yong Kim or join clothes and kitchen with the same old stuff .Nothing new or interesting watching these days .Not that I watch it regularly but when I think ,let's see ,these shows are bore me off that I would rather see something else or take a nap .

I don't think so, however, I have noticed that they are beginning to have some brands on a LOT more than others. I mean how many Dyson TSVs have we had recently and Kellly Hoppen is on more than before. We have a lot of YK and Join and Yankee is on a lot. They also have a lot of the same shows on in the same day, even if they're not the TSV, so maybe it depends on how much stock QVC have bought in from certain brands.

CC

YK and Join seem to sell a lot despite them being really expensive for what they are,so they are going to have them on as much as possible. Every time I catch YK I am baffled by the cost .Today there was a plain shortish A Line top for £102 .To me it looked like a glorified T shirt. I tend not to watch these shows much now as I'm just not interested.

Yong Kim obviously sells well as it is on frequently.These sort of garments are easier to fit so perhaps the returns are low? I don't watch these shows as it is just not my thing (I won't go into that again, again--!!)

What a state Julia Roberts looks in that black and white Yong Kim thing! It does not flatter her at all, she looks stupid.

I just don't get this range at all. The price of it for one and the crinkle fabric that looks like it's been pulled from the bottom of the ironing basket. Anyone that doesn't watch QVC would probably think it was some cheap market tat. It looks wrong even on the leggy models

I think QVC love the high-priced brands - they don't have to stock or sell as many to make a tidy sum. Given that the majority of the YK clothing items are £100+ a pop, they will have a good show even if they only sell 100 of each of 8 per show that's a potential turnover of around £80K if they are then adding in the dreaded P&P... Then of course there will be more than one show on a visit, so you could speculatively do the same calculation per show... it would be great business... Given that some of the other clothing brands are 1/3 or 1/4 the price, you have to carry way more stock and sell more volume per show to make the same sort of money.

I would assume that brands not only pay for their air time they also pay for their warehouse storage space, the higher-priced items work out extremely good value all round. A dress from YK probably takes up no more space than a dress from Tiana B, so the shelf-space would cost the same... so as a % of the price of the shelf-space the Tiana B item would be less profitable overall, especially as they would need more of it as they need to store more stock.

What QVC are very clever with is that they only ever tell you numbers on the big Christmas TSVs like Elemis. Most of the time you don't get any real idea of how many of a TSV or other item they actually have available to sell, so it's tempting to think that in each case the numbers for sale are similar. They won't be.

Of course I could be entirely wrong about how QVC work it all out... and about how many YK items they would sell in a single show... all of the above is purely my own assumptions based on what I understand about business in general.

There was a thread about the brand last year. An American company brand which sells on Amazon US it seems.

Comfee Apparel is the company name.

Oh and the brand is sold at Sun Kim elsewhere too.

Q is beyond boring and it gets worse day by day.

Then of course if you do order something it takes forever to come.

Order a LG bag directly from her at 1.30 and it was with me the next day beautifully packaged carriage 4.95 standard.

Ordered a ring on Wednesday carriage 2.95 and still not here.

I'm fairly used to slow deliveries but can imagine younger folk who have come to expect next day delivery being p'd off with this sort of service.

Each to their own but for me it is vastly over priced and I`m sure you could buy very much the same for a lot less elsewhere if you look hard enough Its all very samey too and I agree it does look like its been living in the bottom of the laundry basket !!

I remember years ago there was a certain brand of U.S. cosmetics that was 'fronted' by a man, and then after a while it disappeared. I very much liked the concealer so after much delving on the internet, I found myself going deeper and deeper in various websites until I discovered that the cosmetics company was just one of many products sold under the umbrella of QVC. I think, like many companies, QVC has tentacles that are far reaching, and wouldn't be surprised at all if you go 'deep' enough into the Yong Kim brand along with other 'usual suspects' that Q has a share in them somewhere along the way.

Watching IW fashion hour yesterday there were several tunics remarkably similar to some YK designs for a fraction of the price.Maybe the fabric is different but they looked smart and non crinkled. If I was into the style I would try them.

Not sure that Q owns YK. Maybe they now have a stake in it .Other posters have researched the label over the years and found YK to be a fashion brand among others churned out by a company rather than a tiny shy Asian lady toiling away over her desiigns especially for Q,which is the impression Q like to give.

How can anything sold on selly telly be classed as high end ? Someone on Q`s facebook page says it`s high end and I disagree. It doesn`t matter whether you like the style or not, it`s mass produced, flogged under different guises on QVC UK, Amazon in America and other outlets as Comfy US and even IF there is a real Yong Kim she probably does the same as Lulu Guinness and just puts her name to the mass produced stuff.
It`s a bit like saying a dress from the David Emmanuel range in Bon Marche is high end, seeing as he once designed a Royal wedding dress !

Latest posts

Back