Clare's Hair!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bettyboo

Registered Shopper
Why oh why do these long faced women wear their hair in a quiff. Is Clare playing copy cat with Pipa. I think it looks awful and is not at all flattering to either of them.

I have very similar hair and a long face shape like Clare, and I had to accept many years ago that I needed a fringe, whether I wanted one or not. I look so much better with one. They're inconvenient, they go wonky in the rain, but boy do I look drained without one.

My hairdresser is brilliant and every so often when I have a meltdown and say I want to grow my fringe out she'll say "Now come on, you know we've discussed this before :mysmilie_10:" Heehee.

Last edited:
I don't like the fashion for quiffs at all. Maybe there are some people it does suit, but I've yet to see one. Angeline (Gems TV) often has her hair like this, and although she hasn't got a particularly long face, it still looks like Mount Vesuvius trying to get out of the top of her head to me.
Why oh why do these long faced women wear their hair in a quiff. Is Clare playing copy cat with Pipa. I think it looks awful and is not at all flattering to either of them.

Quiffs always make me think of that scene with Cameron Diaz in the film There's something about Mary

I think Claire would benefit from a good cut, even if she keeps some of the length.Im not keen on quiffs but it does keep the hair back if you are growing out the fringe.

I agree - I always think this when I see her, although she has lovely thick hair and it looks in good overall condition. My own hair is thick (although not as thick as hers) and I know from experience that if I don't have it cut regularly, I can end up looking as though I've been plugged into the electricity mains! IMO thick hair definitely needs regular attention if you're avoiding the Old English Sheepdog look - probably more so than finer hair. And hair that needs a good cut adds years to you as well, and we all know how age-obsessed some of these presenters are.
I think Claire would benefit from a good cut, even if she keeps some of the length.Im not keen on quiffs but it does keep the hair back if you are growing out the fringe.

By contrast, at present, Alison Young's hair is currently looking wonderful. It's a warmer blond, in a long bob (just past shoulders) and looks in great condition compared to what we would normally see. The shorter hair is much more flattering, I think. I hope it's not a false dawn, and this is the way she's going. The colour is more akin to what she used to have years ago when she had lovely hair.

I have very similar hair and a long face shape like Clare, and I had to accept many years ago that I needed a fringe, whether I wanted one or not. I look so much better with one. They're inconvenient, they go wonky in the rain, but boy do I look drained without one.

My hairdresser is brilliant and every so often when I have a meltdown and say I want to grow my fringe out she'll say "Now come on, you know we've discussed this before :mysmilie_10:" Heehee.

I look odd without a fringe, too - and I have a round face!

I USED to have a 'mare with mine in crappy weather, but my SteamPod sorted that and I no longer have to worry about looking like a fried sheep. (I'm sure you've heard me bang on enough about it here, so I'll shut up now... but if you get the chance to try one... Going now!)

I can't go "fringeless" either. I think my face is heart shaped/round when overweight, with high cheekbones and a wide forehead. Sounds weird but that's my face. I have had to have a fringe all my life. I look like a duck's arse without a fringe.

Latest posts

Back