Moria C

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

goldie

Registered Shopper
Who remembers Moria C she used to bring scarfs and bags to qvc . I seen her today she now has a stall flogging her stuff in my local shopping centre 🏃🏃

She's a regular on IW - she's done most things, from scarves, Felluti bags, wrap-around nappy trousers, fur head bands and if I remember rightly a dress that could be worn in different styles.

She has a stall in shopping centre here and sometimes she is on the stall herself so she must go round the UK to all the different ones!

She also goes to flower shows, saw here at Hylands Hall in Chelmsford in the summer.

She has a stall in shopping centre here and sometimes she is on the stall herself so she must go round the UK to all the different ones!

Yes it was her on stall today trying to sell her stuff maybe we seen her at same shopping centre I am scotland also 😂😂😂

How very 1986 - I didn't know people still touted their wares on tables in shopping precincts!

Your post reminded me when, back in the late 70s/80s, people were flogging innovative products, in the street, by getting folk to gather round, and marvel on these miraculous products. I used to laugh back than, at just how gullible some people can be, convinced they were getting a bargain!

Who remembers Moria C she used to bring scarfs and bags to qvc . I seen her today she now has a stall flogging her stuff in my local shopping centre ����

Isn't she on Ideal World now?

I saw her a couple of years ago at Gardening Scotland in Edinburgh. She doesn't half go for the hard sell, headset microphone on, double makeup and big mouth. People were buying though.

CC

Anyone who has the stamina to trudge around the country setting up stalls at these venues at the crack of dawn has my utter admiration. You have to take an awful lot of money to make your costs back - price of the table/stand, plus petrol and accommodation if you don't have a camper van. The prices charged at some of these venues is astronomical ! The stately homes can charge around £500 (a lot more sometimes) for 3 days. I have two near me, and they charge similar - you have to shift an amazing amount of stock to make your 'table' back before anything else. I know my product would create an awful lot of interest, but I don't have the energy for early mornings and late nights anymore, so I stick to local fairs.

I can remember when she seemed to be on IW every 5 minutes, she was as frequent as the blurdy fitness equipment that we'll never see the end of. I can watch her for a bit, but what used to get on my nerves was her continually harping on about "I live in a converted windmill", repeated ad nauseum. Why she kept on about it, when it had nothing whatsoever to do with what she was flogging, was not clear, and it smacked very much of bragging to me.
Yes she`s been on IW today with her daughter think her name is Primrose

She also goes to flower shows, saw here at Hylands Hall in Chelmsford in the summer.

I was wondering where I'd seen her - this is where ! It was a good show I thought - Mary Berry is attending this years show.

Anyone who has the stamina to trudge around the country setting up stalls at these venues at the crack of dawn has my utter admiration. You have to take an awful lot of money to make your costs back - price of the table/stand, plus petrol and accommodation if you don't have a camper van. The prices charged at some of these venues is astronomical ! The stately homes can charge around £500 (a lot more sometimes) for 3 days. I have two near me, and they charge similar - you have to shift an amazing amount of stock to make your 'table' back before anything else. I know my product would create an awful lot of interest, but I don't have the energy for early mornings and late nights anymore, so I stick to local fairs.

As someone who has done "fairs" myself I would agree with you. It's ****** hard work to make money and anyone that doggedly does the circuit has to be admired. I do think though that Moira's products, and maybe herself, are a bit dated.

CC

Latest posts

Back