Alison Young On Friday Night Beauty 29th Jan

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Did anyone catch any of the show?

I could not believe the weird teal eyeshadow and thick black eyeliner she had on. Sorry Alison but you just looked awful, you could not even see the colour of her eyes they just looked black.

I did think perhaps there was a makeup brand appearing and the makeup artist had done it? Hell if that was their work avoid the brand like hell!

Okay she was dressed in black, but a soft smokey eye would have done it. I did notice her nail polish was the same shade of teal, but hells bells the eyeshadow!!!

Didn't see it, but what I've seen of her in the past, considering her self professing that she's a "qualified" make-up artist, she really should go back and finish the course, she isn't a make-up artist, nail technician, beauty expert just because she says so, you do have to train to be one first.

I did not see her last night but agree she often does not look good. I saw her on the beauty day review and she had dark blush which looked unblended at the edges and topped with Bobbi Brown shimmer brick or similar. Not nice! However, is there evidence she has not done training? I often see this mentioned here. I have always taken her claim to be a trained therapist at face value. Maybe I am too naive.

Saw her and thought the same as you Donna. Even commented t oh by that I would love to be able to pull of that look myself but best left to 20 something clubbers

I didn't see her on FNB, but I did see her later on on the Percy and Reed show. Clearly nobody had had a word with her. It looked really harsh. I am reminded of the Daniel Sandler show she did where she let him do a smokey eye on her - it got mentioned in this thread: Ali Young ……. looking good!... bottom line, she's got "form" - I think it's part of her willingness to have a go, even if she looks a fool. Let's face it, if she was more sensible we wouldn't have half the entertainment from her different makeup looks, would we?

Ali can talk the talk, but far too often she doesn't appear to take her own advice!

If she was wearing teal coloured nail polish, it is probably the same one she was wearing on the Beauty Night In earlier in the week: it's one of the Little Ondine set.

That previous thread, by the way, not only had me laughing like a drain, but was one of the factors that convinced me that I'd enjoy joining this community rather than only lurking. :mysmilie_59: I particularly liked posts #5, #, #7 and #8 :mysmilie_13:

I saw her the other day, can`t remember which show it was but she had on a pinky purple blusher and way too much highlighter which made the blusher resemble a bruise. She was fluorescent and not in a good way.
To make matters worse she was demonstrating the Decleor micellar water and was practically taking off the models face because she was so heavy handed. The poor girl`s face was red as anything after Ali had finished with it.
She either needs to retrain/refresh her supposed skills or just accept that nowadays she`s nothing but a sales person and leave the demos to those who can. If her own makeup is anything to go by, then just imagine what you`d look like after being " Ali-fied " !

Here you go! image.jpg

i believe she is a trained beauty therapist but not a good make up artist. i have met talented make up artists and cack handed ones that put a two year old with crayons to shame

I saw her on the Percy and Reed show, I too thought it must be from new make up range soon to be on. It was really awful, such a garish colour doesn't look good on older faces.
There is a 'make up artist' on our Mac counter in town, apparently people book appointments to be seen by her. I've seen less make up on drag artists....and I'm not exaggerating....she looks late 30s, but it's hard to tell really. It's usually young girls around the counter though, so perhaps they like this look.
Less is more sometimes.

I watched it and also thought it looked horrific. I have no idea what she was trying to achieve but it was not right for her at all. She really does look a right state a times.

Loved China Girl's drag artist comment, that went through my mind looking at the photos. I had a make over in a Mac store once, blimey, whist the make up is good stuff, they did rather over do me a bit. Looked like I was going to be the next Widow Twankie!

I think many women working at make up counters always overdo it, it's as if they try to wear everything they sell in one go :mysmilie_17:

I remember reading an article about Estee Lauder and they had to use 15 items each day starting with cleanser and moving to make up. So that is a lot of makeup they must wear on counter.

If a new makeup product is released then the staff must wear it.

A friend of mine in her younger days (1970's) worked on the make up counter at Selfridges
As she had such and early start to get to London each day she put her make up on at night sitting up right all night
To keep it in place she layered foundation with a dusting of baby powder a total of three layers
At trick the store had taught her
Not sure if it sold the products or not but it looked more like the local builder had be practicing his plastering skills
She also wore teal eye shadow which worked for a 20year old but I am sorry to say as you get older that look
Makes you look like a drag queen
No disrespect to drag queens meant

Latest posts

Back