Learn Windows 10 DVD.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
"If you are wondering 'who is Cortana' " says the guest for this item. I had to speak up : "she's a nuisance, pops up every other minute." I muted her, but don't want to uninstall it, just in case.......

By coincidence, I've spent most of the day updating my laptop from win 7 to win 10.

It's still chugging away doing 130 updates.

I hope I don't regret it. Would have loved XP instead.

XP Pro Business was my first, it was 3rd hand(friend's husband bought it in a auction when a business went bust, used it for a few years then sold cheap to me), when I bought. It was like a tank it was so solid, hey it had the mouse as a blue button in the middle of the keyboard!!!!! So it was already ancient when I got it. :mysmilie_13: Moved to Vista which I did not mind, then Windows 8 then 8.1 and then Microsoft sneaky buggers in updates moved me to Windows 10 last August. I was going to wait until the end of the year when it had sort out. But actually I have no problems with it. Cortana I got rid of first day.

Oh I have Windows 7 in work.

So many complain about Windows 10 not liking, Windows 8 and 8.1 was hated. But I must be weird as it only takes me a short while to get used to the change over from each.

Well, I spent all day yesterday with my laptop updating to Win10, then, when I tried to close it down, it spent at least 3 hours downloading 130 updates.

When I switched it on this morning, it took about an hour "configuring windows" including closing down and restarting a few times.

Finally it booted up.

Guess what, it is still Win 7 !!!!!

I'm totally baffled.

I've deliberately held off from getting Windows 10, as I hoped any 'teething' problems with it would be sorted out first. Years ago I learnt the hard way that they rush these new versions out, but when you get it, you discover any 'blips' haven't been properly sorted out first. Now I hold off for a while.

Well, I spent all day yesterday with my laptop updating to Win10, then, when I tried to close it down, it spent at least 3 hours downloading 130 updates.

When I switched it on this morning, it took about an hour "configuring windows" including closing down and restarting a few times.

Finally it booted up.

Guess what, it is still Win 7 !!!!!

I'm totally baffled.

Last edited:
Strato, this has happened to a few people reading the moneysaving forum Tech section. Tried to download and went through the motions and reverted to Windows 7 on its own.

I've repeatedly ignored the free Windows 10 updates each time the 'offer' has popped up on my screen and I'll continue to do so. My desktop has Windows XP and my laptop has Windows 7 and I'm more than happy with them. I work on the premise "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

XP was my favourite.

My desktop wants me to update, but I've discovered that if I do, I will no longer be able to watch live TV on it, nor record and pause live TV. This was well hidden. Apparently Windows media centre has been abandoned in Win10. when I bought my desktop (from Q) they said "that was the future, everything like live TV would be integrated onto your PC"

It's just failed again. At least this time I had a message that it had failed, but no reason given that was not gobbledegook.

Trying for the 3rd time now, after yet more wasted hours trying.

After your posts, I'm even more glad I stayed with Windows 7 and ignored the repeated offers to upgrade to Windows 10. I hope your third attempt is successful, but if it isn't then maybe stick with the one you've got because at least you know that works.

Latest posts

Back