Yet Another Autodelivery Fiasco

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Over the weekend, I noticed that a substantial amount had been taken from my bank. Because of the way my bank works, I wasn't able to find out exactly what it was, but I had my suspicions is was the last autodelivery drop for some ABC products. I called Q this morning to find out and, yes, it was them who had taken the payment. However, they took the money knowing full well that they can't supply the product as they overstold the stock and won't know for another 10 days whether or not they can get more. I was reluctant to cancel as I like and need the product and it was a good price. It has annoyed me a lot that they haven't been in touch once to let me know what is going on and what the problems are. I've had to chase them yet again to find things out. And what about their promises that they never take payments until orders are despatched? That's clearly a load of **** too!

My other gripe is how long they're taking now to process refunds. I know they've never moved like greased lightning when it comes to giving things back, but how can they justify making customers wait a week before they even mark orders as "return received"? Even then it takes another several days for the refund to actually be sent to the bank.

Disgusting service! Luckily I am able to shop online with alternative suppliers, most of whom offer free P&P, even on next day delivery.

your not the only one to have this happen. qvc think they are above customer service and you should like it or lump thier clumsy attitude.

That's right they don't take money till the items dispatched, but that's not to say they don't reserve it. That's the argument I used to have with them, CS would say "yes but we haven't actually taken the money" and I'd say I know that, but I can't touch it so you may as well have done. I'm glad more people are waking up to QVC, I closed my account over two years ago after being with them for twenty years. I've been with Ideal World from day one, and shopped more so when I closed my account, I've saved a lot of money and bought some great products. I email if I have a problem, they get back to you and it's sorted in under 48 hours, friendly, polite and efficiently, so unlike QVC, they do actually answer emails.

I had this conversation with Gems TV Customer Service once and was given the "we don't take your money until it's despatched" line: a simple phone call to my bank showed the amount was reserved/allocated, whatever you might call it, nonetheless. When I said this to CS, and stressed that your bank account still has this 'reserved' amount taken from off your total balance available to play with, she seemed amazed that I'd raised the subject! It's all a play on words, isn't it? The money's not taken, it's "reserved", even though it might amount to the same thing. When I had my last shopping experience with Q before I told them to Go West, the only way I got my money back quickly was to raise a real rumpus about it, tell them the item was mis-sold, sales pitch misleading, quote Sale of Goods and Consumer Rights, and say I'd got the hour recorded as proof. The money was back within days, not weeks, but I had to raise hell to get the point over, hence = nevermore.
That's right they don't take money till the items dispatched, but that's not to say they don't reserve it. That's the argument I used to have with them, CS would say "yes but we haven't actually taken the money" and I'd say I know that, but I can't touch it so you may as well have done. I'm glad more people are waking up to QVC, I closed my account over two years ago after being with them for twenty years. I've been with Ideal World from day one, and shopped more so when I closed my account, I've saved a lot of money and bought some great products. I email if I have a problem, they get back to you and it's sorted in under 48 hours, friendly, polite and efficiently, so unlike QVC, they do actually answer emails.
S

They do take a day or two before the item is sent, or rather it is ring fence and hangs in limbo until it either it taken or dropped back into your account.

BUT, taking the money when they do not have the stock is a totally different matter and illegal I would say! I have sometime bought something online and the money is ring fenced and actually dropped back into my account as they did not claim it within the set time. They do of course take it again, sometimes I have already received the items before the money comes out by days.

well what about the time qvc too two lots of money from customers and we had to hear about the fiasco from social media and wait nearly a week to get the money back. no apologies

I posted an item back to QVC on the 20th of January, went to New York on the 21st and came home only a few days ago... Yet only today did that item get refunded!
QVC are crap at customer service, how they could ever have been awarded second or third place is beyond me. It can't have been an anonymous scheme to test customer service is all I can think of.
I've never really ordered anything on auto delivery for years as the once I tried it for an OPI TSV several years ago, I got the first immediate dispatch kit within the usual 5-7 days (that's how long ago it was) and never received any of the others. Apparently no one received the others as there were issues with OPI supplies so as usual Q tried to pin the blame on someone else... But then a few weeks after the drop should have taken place the kit I should have received was on air as a new today product for a considerably higher price than the TSV price.

It's times like this I really ask myself is it worth all the hassle....

I've had auto delivery problems with my Peony reed diffuser.
So I decided to contact Peony, who were completely unaware of any problems.
It appears QVC didn't pass the information onto Peony, so that they can't dispatch an order they know nothing about.
It is now sorted and I have been given a dispatch date form Peony - still waiting for the promised confirmation letter from QVC

well what about the time qvc too two lots of money from customers and we had to hear about the fiasco from social media and wait nearly a week to get the money back. no apologies

Yes, that happened to me. I was told about it by my bank, not QVC!

The moment something goes wrong, no matter how minor it might be, QVC should be contacting the customer to let them know immediately. I think they need to swallow their pride a bit and admit that mistakes do get made. It annoys me that they blather on and on about "QVC everywhere" and how they keep you informed every step of the way. I'd describe that statement as a load of male bovine excrement.

As for taking money knowing they haven't got the stock, I was temped to look into the legality of that. The CS rep said it could take 10 days for them to find out so it's not as though this was something that had only just occurred. It seems to me that every department within QVC operates independently with little or no information shared between them.

Latest posts

Back