Very bad hair day!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

catseye

Registered Shopper
The emu guest is having a really bad hair day and is in desperate need of a hairdresser. The black roots are about 2 inches long and as she has the top of her hair tied back it looks a million times worse. People who know that they are going to be on TV really shouldn't turn up looking like this. I know she has 3 young children but why can't she put on a home colouring kit if she can't get to the hairdresser.

I must admit I get annoyed when presenters or guests start lecturing about hair/makeup/beauty products but they appear on our screens with wide partings and other beauty/grooming slip-ups. We all have days when we either can't be bothered or just don't look our best for whatever reason, but if you're coming on TV you should be well-groomed. Apart from anything else, it gives credibility to the product you are flogging, whatever that might be, and looks as though you've made the effort.
The emu guest is having a really bad hair day and is in desperate need of a hairdresser. The black roots are about 2 inches long and as she has the top of her hair tied back it looks a million times worse. People who know that they are going to be on TV really shouldn't turn up looking like this. I know she has 3 young children but why can't she put on a home colouring kit if she can't get to the hairdresser.

I was surprised this evening when she said she's in her early/mid forties, looks younger to me , but since I've turned 60, most people look young !

She looks fine to me, and maybe she's decided not to colour her hair any more, in which case there's really not a lot you can do about roots showing.

Alison Young had her hair tied back on Beayty Night In and the darks roots were showing badly.

I saw a repeat of that show today and I honestly couldn't believe she went on air looking like that. I mean who ties the top of their hair back (in a scraggy mess) when the top's dark and the rest is different. My hair is far from perfect but if I was going on telly I would certainly make it look half decent. I wouldn't have my hair like that to dig the garden.

CC

She looks fine to me, and maybe she's decided not to colour her hair any more, in which case there's really not a lot you can do about roots showing.

Yes you can, you can dye your hair the colour of the roots, your original Colour if your letting the colour grow out or use that absolutely amazing powder stuff they keep flogging that's supposed to hide your roots till your next visit to the hairdressers.

Someone should have gave her colour WoW before she went on air! Or even better go to superdrug and buy their own brand root spray cover up under £5 and so much better than overpriced rubbish that is Wow.

As I said maybe she doesn't want to dye her hair anymore in which case dying it back to the original colour is still dying it. Personally I think she looks fine, and perhaps she does too. I don't think if your job is to sell boots you need to be overly concerned how your hair looks. Whereas a hairdresser I think should have well kept hair to be a good advert for their skills, yet most hairdressers I've come across look like they've never even dragged a brush through there hair!
I'm curious about sprays and colour wow though. Do they actually work? I'm assuming they're not colour fast and would wash out? I don't think I could be bothered with painting stuff onto my hair on a daily basis.

You'd only need to dye your hair till its back to its original colour. I'm assuming the absolutely amazing (AY words not mine) Colour Wow does work because that's what they say/swear by/could never be without and I suppose it wouldn't be that much of a chore really to wear it, she'd only have to put it on when she's on camera for the occasional hour, that's assuming the resident "qualified beauty expert" cares about her appearance.

As I said maybe she doesn't want to dye her hair anymore in which case dying it back to the original colour is still dying it. Personally I think she looks fine, and perhaps she does too. I don't think if your job is to sell boots you need to be overly concerned how your hair looks. Whereas a hairdresser I think should have well kept hair to be a good advert for their skills, yet most hairdressers I've come across look like they've never even dragged a brush through there hair!
I'm curious about sprays and colour wow though. Do they actually work? I'm assuming they're not colour fast and would wash out? I don't think I could be bothered with painting stuff onto my hair on a daily basis.

Colour WoW is over priced for what it is. Charles Worthington do a great spray for 9.99 or superdrugs own make is a close second. They all wash out but great as an in between colour.

Latest posts

Back