Kelly Hoppen Home Designs TSV 01/03/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's following hard on the heels, isn't it?

Presumably this one will be a throw rather than the interchangeable neutral bedlinen set...

Can we have another furry blanket please - the one I bought smells a bit of dog. I know what I said that he wasn't going on it, but he's so pathetic sitting there staring at me with his old slanket as if no one cares about him. So I let him in and he's ruined it of course :mysmilie_1:

CC

Can we have another furry blanket please - the one I bought smells a bit of dog. I know what I said that he wasn't going on it, but he's so pathetic sitting there staring at me with his old slanket as if no one cares about him. So I let him in and he's ruined it of course :mysmilie_1:

CC
You're such a pushover for a cute sadface :mysmilie_48::mysmilie_17:

Bet it will be one of those reversible quilty-looking things... of course in more lovely neutrals

Deja vu all over again. Actually looks like they've got plain panels sewn onto patterned panels - more to go wrong...

More taupe and muted colours. If we wore one of those Yong Kim outfits we could merge into the bedroom decor and become invisible! Might be something to recommend to the super important Kelly Hoppen so she might disappear.....permanently. :devil:

Deja vu all over again. Actually looks like they've got plain panels sewn onto patterned panels - more to go wrong...

I've had two Kelly Hoppen duvet covers fall apart after the first wash. The seams have come unstitched, so top prices for shoddy quality. It's put me off ordering any more no matter how nice they look on tv.

I quite like it :blush:

Mind you, the rate my husband goes through bedding I should be buying it from B&M or the Range. It's a close run thing between his sweaty head stains (what's up with that?) & his rough legs plucking & shredding the cover & bedsheet, for which will become unusable first :mysmilie_865:

You're such a pushover for a cute sadface :mysmilie_48::mysmilie_17:

I am. "No, go away, you are not getting any more cake. Er, where did that cake go?" "Get off the good blankets, you've got TWO slankets of your own. Er, £50 blanket smells of dog". What do I do? It's that rescue dog thing - they've got the "poor wee soul" look down to a fine art lol.
CC

I always get tempted, but agree, they are over priced for my budget and I have to have good quality at a good price. The best bargain I had was from Wilkinson, a gorgeous high thread count white duvet set with a taupe coloured trim, and gorgeous pillowcases. Felt smooth and silky and washed beautifully. It was an absolute bargain at £20 odd in their sale for a king size.

I get the feeling the Kelly Hoppen affect is wearing very thin.
Theres a picture on the main page website of the IKat design bed throw I purchased this 18 months ago.It was a huge disappointment and is currently awaiting a trip to the dump.I cant even give it to charity It pilled very badly ,i dont live in a show home and i think thats what you need for these producta to stay pristine.I wouldn't ever buy from the range again.Its overpriced and poor quality.

This is always beautifully presented (but then would they dare do otherwise with the ferocious Ms H?) on air, and used to tempt me greatly. That was before I got my Northern Nights TSF home and realised how poor the quality actually was, and the dreadful oxford pillowcases with the centre opening (try to get a good quality firm pillow into that without ripping the opening)... and then gathered from Kelly's comments that the products were made by QVC. They never let you get a look at the back of the oxford pillowcases, so I've never trusted that these aren't exactly the sam as the NN ones. The centre opening is cheaper to do (uses less fabric than the end opening). I'm sorry but for the prices they charge (and for NN) they should be doing the more expensive opening on the oxfords, rather than cheeseparing the way they do.

Oh Kelly Hope-en,

Why is EVERYTHING she flogs on QVC shades of beige, taupe, creams and other blandness?

I thought she must be the worlds blandest interior designer until I saw her website and it tells a totally different story! Really strong designs, dramatic colours and so on, so why the blandness to the point of distraction on QVC?

Maybe she is realising that the pale look is running its course with her famous clients.

I love the idea of white or cream everything but the reality is I ,like most people live in a fairly busy home with children ,pets etc ,so its a non starter for me .Its a fantasy she is selling which only the rich and famous can live up to.Why she came to Q ,who knows but it sounds like they are only using her name .

Maybe she is realising that the pale look is running its course with her famous clients.

I love the idea of white or cream everything but the reality is I ,like most people live in a fairly busy home with children ,pets etc ,so its a non starter for me .Its a fantasy she is selling which only the rich and famous can live up to.Why she came to Q ,who knows but it sounds like they are only using her name .

Yes, I agree with you.

It really is a showhome look, and probably if her wealthy clients go for this neutral look they have people on their payroll who keep it pristine.

I think most of us have to make our choices for more practical reasons. In my case "has to look good without ironing" comes top of the list, closely followed by "must be good value" and "must have a quality feel" even though I won't buy anything other than 100% cotton when I'm not buying Cozee Home.

I quite like it :blush:

Mind you, the rate my husband goes through bedding I should be buying it from B&M or the Range. It's a close run thing between his sweaty head stains (what's up with that?) & his rough legs plucking & shredding the cover & bedsheet, for which will become unusable first :mysmilie_865:

Er, may I ask, are we married to the same man? :mysmilie_17:

I love the blanket I bought but need another clean one. As for the duvet sets, the fleecy cozee home are the ones for me. Divine.

CC

I always get tempted by the Kelly Hoppen TSV. I haven't purchased one yet but each time either over if l should or not. I am so grateful for peoples comments on the range on this forum! Every time l read about the shoddy sewing or how it fell apart in the wash l think no, save your money!!!!

Latest posts

Back