Very annoyed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Breeze

Registered Shopper
Earlier this week I ordered an item of jewellery in clearance. It was in stock & I got the "thank you for your order" confirmation email.
Just been online & it now says " awaiting stock" so I clicked on the item number & it says " no longer available"
So just been on to customer services to see what's happening. Girl said they were hoping to get stock! So I said, so the money hadn't been taken for it. She said yes it has!!
I wanted to know why as they always say the money won't be taken till an item is despatched. She couldn't, or wouldn't answer this, just repeated the money had been taken.....three times I asked why to no avail.
I told her to cancel the order & refund the money.
Having no confidence in her, I then went online to see that the order is still showing awaiting stock...not cancelled at all. I tried to cancel on line but just kept getting shown a this page is not available at the moment

Should I email as well?
Is there a way of emailing so you have a record? I've used their online form in the past but it doesn't seem to keep a record of it in your email & concerned it might just disappear into the ether with no response.
I'm spitting nails over this!

I always copy and paste my mails to Q and send them to myself so I have a record.

Part of the problem is I don't see how they can be awaiting stock when it was in clearance, unless banking on a return but there's no guarantee of that to justify taking payment anyway.
It was the fact that the money had been taken when they specifically state on TV that no money is taken till the item is despatched

I'd phone and e-mail, keeping a copy of the e-mail, as Baloo has said, and get the name of the person you speak to. I see that nothing changes at Q - I haven't ordered for years, but I well remember the "don't answer the question, just keep repeating the same line" technique that they used with me when I ordered from them for the last time. If there's been a slip-up and they haven't got the item in stock they should communicate with you asap and tell you so, not wait for you to go online and find out it's not in stock, not should they take your money. Typical of the contempt with which they seem to treat customers.
Earlier this week I ordered an item of jewellery in clearance. It was in stock & I got the "thank you for your order" confirmation email.
Just been online & it now says " awaiting stock" so I clicked on the item number & it says " no longer available"
So just been on to customer services to see what's happening. Girl said they were hoping to get stock! So I said, so the money hadn't been taken for it. She said yes it has!!
I wanted to know why as they always say the money won't be taken till an item is despatched. She couldn't, or wouldn't answer this, just repeated the money had been taken.....three times I asked why to no avail.
I told her to cancel the order & refund the money.
Having no confidence in her, I then went online to see that the order is still showing awaiting stock...not cancelled at all. I tried to cancel on line but just kept getting shown a this page is not available at the moment

Should I email as well?
Is there a way of emailing so you have a record? I've used their online form in the past but it doesn't seem to keep a record of it in your email & concerned it might just disappear into the ether with no response.
I'm spitting nails over this!

Last edited:
I got his email address [email protected] from on here when someone was asking how to keep a copy of what you send to QVC as the form they provide doesn`t but I would phone again until you get someone who is more helpful.

I eventually managed to get a different person in CS to cancel it.

It's the lack of communication that really bugs me. This is a similar situation to my auto-delivery fiasco I spoke of in another thread. I was boiling when I realised they had taken the money even though they knew they weren't able to supply the stock. And there is still no word on the stock - I have to keep checking myself, when they should be letting me know. I bet they would soon be in touch with you if you owed them payment or had to do something they needed. But because you're a paying customer they think it's fine to leave you in the dark and not bother to inform you when things have gone wrong.

Oh, silly me, I forgot for moment, QVC don't make mistakes, do they? It's always the customer's fault.

Latest posts

Back