Marv's hidden talents.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Reading a lot of criticism on here of her - I don't watch enough, to comment - I was surprised to learn, from her blog, that she has been absent from QVC, because she has been training those wanting to make it, in television. She likes helping others to succeed, right now she is working with TV directors. And she used to work on sky news, with Eamonn Holmes.

As you say, her talents are "hidden" , well hidden IMO because on screen she comes over as an umming aaaaging, eye rolling, unprepared presenter with a limited and often annoying vocabulary. Maybe its about time she stopping hiding ?

Ha Ha who would pay her to train would be presenters. I think I could do a better job, I like her but think she must of called in a few favours to get that job.

Some may say well hidden others will call it non existent .

Is this bye bye Marv? Mind you each new intake is worse than the last so how far down the presenter ladder can we go?

As Victor Meldrew would say....."I don't BELIEEEVE it!". If anyone wants to train to roll their eyes, giggle, and use the same phrases over and over again because of a limited vocabulary, then yes.....absolutely ideal, especially if the job requires no pre-preparation. This is only my opinion, but she strikes me as woefully lacking in real knowledge of what she's flogging. Using silly facial expressions, giggles and fake gasps of amazement doesn't count as product knowledge, in my book.

Having watched a few episodes of Homes in the Sun on channel 4, I'm now wondering if the presenters have been schooled by Marv with their cardboard presentations and hands waving about like windmills, oh and a propensity to call potential buyers 'guys'. Dear Lord if Marv is an example of tutors in media training, then the industry is in a bad way.

If you watch her show reel you will see that Marv is a very good and experienced newsreader, reporter and current affairs presenter (and tv and radio producer).

I honestly don't find her any worse than QVC's other bottom-of-the-barrel presenters and is actually better that some and knows what grammar is. It often baffles me how they will try to sell high end Harrods-esque designer product using an open market barker style presenter. It certainly wouldn't encourage me to spend with them, even if I could afford to do so.

brissles, you are so right, Marv has got to be behind the scenes somewhere in the production of "Homes", there's certainly enough gushing and gurning that goes on, and hysterical laughter at nothing remotely funny (I'm going to look more carefully at the closing credits now you've said this - she may just appear somewhere!). I always wonder how they've avoided a Dawn French-type take off, there are so many things that are downright ridiculous about this programme, I have to confess it's another of my guilty pleasures (like watching the Pope), just car crash stuff in places.
Having watched a few episodes of Homes in the Sun on channel 4, I'm now wondering if the presenters have been schooled by Marv with their cardboard presentations and hands waving about like windmills, oh and a propensity to call potential buyers 'guys'. Dear Lord if Marv is an example of tutors in media training, then the industry is in a bad way.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

A phrase that's never been true. Steven Spielberg, Martina Navratilova, Ian Botham, Laurence Olivier, Anthony Hopkins and many many more people of great talent who have taught their skills to others disprove that.

Latest posts

Back