Virgin Media

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Suki 1

Registered Shopper
What has happened to QVC on Virgin Media cannot get the programme. Hope it has not been taken off air!!!

phone them on the free phone number 151, there might be a problem in your area.

I always get great service from Virginmedia, I have a loyalty of £19.50 per month since I have been with them since cabletel days. I have no BT line anway and it costs or did last time I asked £160!!! I use a third party for landline calls which are very few anyway.

Some time ago I was thinking about changing from BT to Virgin Media however, my Dad died and my brother had to phone Virgin to cancel Dad's subscription. He explained the situation and the woman on the other end of the phone said that she was bringing up the details. She then said "By the way, while you're on the phone have you thought about subscribing to Virgin?" My brother was absolutely hopping mad - he was phoning because my Dad had died and she's trying to flog cable tv to him. I decided against using them after this.

Some time ago I was thinking about changing from BT to Virgin Media however, my Dad died and my brother had to phone Virgin to cancel Dad's subscription. He explained the situation and the woman on the other end of the phone said that she was bringing up the details. She then said "By the way, while you're on the phone have you thought about subscribing to Virgin?" My brother was absolutely hopping mad - he was phoning because my Dad had died and she's trying to flog cable tv to him. I decided against using them after this.

Sky is no better... I paid for my mum's Sky TV from my bank account but the Sky account was in my mum's name - at first they wouldn't speak to me when she died as I was not their 'account holder', they then insisted I should have given 30 days notice to cancel the contract (so I'd need to have been psychic to know that) and then, only after a complaint to the CEO, did they cancel the account immediately.

Sky and BT have the worst CS I've ever come across.

Mr N rang to cancel our Virgin subscription last week and they offered him a further 12 months at half price!

Virgin are pretty good for me but I did have a problem with them at one point as they would speak to me as the account was in my ex husband's. They insisted on speaking to Mr Tink. I put them on to my son who is technically and legally a Mr Tink, just not the one they meant. Daft really but that did get the account sorted.

You should phone all service providers regularly and ask for a better deal. You don't need to threaten to leave, just ask. 9 times out of 10 you will get a better deal.

I've been with Sky for 25 years and always had the full package, virtually from day one and I'd never go with anyone else. I've had excellent treatment from Sky were every year they offer me a reduction, which obviously I jump at because I'd still go with them even if they didn't. :mysmilie_14:

Virgin for us. Brilliant customer service got TV,broadband,phone and mobile. Pay £5 PM on mobile for 120 mins,unlimited texts and 500 meg of data. Always ring if they write to say price is increasing and get a good deal. I fact they reduced it by £10 last year.

with virgin i would not go a week without the phone being "out of service" for two weeks.out of the month. this went on for a couple of years. the package price was cheap but i hardly had a phone line. when i complained they said i was a heavy user of the phone so were obviously culling the amount of time i spent. the internet was rubbish as well. then i went to bt and the price was extortionate. the funny thing was the bt engineer said that bt and virign were rubbish and he had sky. when my year was up i moved to sky. best service ever and fab tv.

Still be glad you are not with Talk Talk!!! They had another cyper attack mid week. A friend was with them a few years back, brilliant loved them. Then she had a problem with the modem and on the phone endless as they tried to fix it over the phone, do this do that etc. Their CS is total Crap! Took them 3 weeks to decide they should actually send a new modem.

I presently don't have a landline at home, but am looking for a reliable broadband provider. I don't want phone or TV, just good broadband. Am currently using an 8" tablet which is also a mobile phone, and my mobile subscription gives me unlimited broadband on this tablet, but I'd like to have broadband at home. Recommendations for a reliable broadband supplier would be gratefully received.

I have the full Sky package and just transferred phone from BT as well.Could never understand how The BT bill kept rising and hardly any calls are made on the land line . So far I'm saving a fair bit ....No experience of Virgin though.

Latest posts

Back