All through the night!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
I have noticed over the last few nights that QVC are just repeating the the TSV launch hour from the hours of 1 am to 9 am. Is this some kind of 'subtle' way of stating that they have even less in the contact centre thus they don't really want anyone phoning up and ordering. I mean if they are going to do this they may as just 'shut down' for the night hours. I can't understand (though I am sure there must be one), the reasoning behind this decision.

That's why there are always "queues on the phone" at midnight, not because the item is as popular as they'd like you to think, but because they don't have many staff on between the hours of midnight and 8am.

Does it really matter? Yes there are people who watch tv after midnight etc, but most sales take place in the daytime. Employing people is expensive, seems to make perfect sense to me that they'd cut down on their staff on nights.

Doesn't matter to me in the slightest, I don't shop with QVC, anything and everything I want gets bought from IW, on the internet or on the dreaded high street.

That's why there are always "queues on the phone" at midnight, not because the item is as popular as they'd like you to think, but because they don't have many staff on between the hours of midnight and 8am.

Must be eerie working in a 'massive' call centre at the 'dead of night' with a few working. As to the other poster no it doesn't matter was just curious that was all!

IMO not a lot different from the daytime schedules, the same blessed thing over and over and over again with the TSV slotted into every programme despite the fact that it has had its own hour just before and a further hour coming up next.

From someone who watched everything and bought almost everything I now rarely watch or buy - even jewellery day was of no interest to me which is one of the few things I'm still interested in.

If it isn't beauty, it's vacs, Kipling or Eek with the odd "fashion" thrown in.

Actually this forum is always a good gauge of what is being shown on Q, if you look at the threads it has been beauty, beauty, beauty for some time.

Boring beyond words.

The only things I need QVC for, are skincare and haircare, although I won't be needing WEN for ages (AD stash). I don't need to watch for that. I suffer terribly from chronic insomnia; perhaps watching QVC, may send me to sleep!

Does it really matter? Yes there are people who watch tv after midnight etc, but most sales take place in the daytime. Employing people is expensive, seems to make perfect sense to me that they'd cut down on their staff on nights.

It does bother me. It is just unprofessional to have the same thing repeated for 6 hours or so like today's TSV, Dyson. I get up very early and always flick QVC on. It's barely on for a minute nowadays as its constant repeats of the sodding Bodyblade or QVC top ten. I know it will be cheaper for them but surely they can mix things up bit.

I think the night time calls are diverted to the employees home, I was told that years ago by a QVC CS woman so don't know how true it is, would make sense though.

I think the night time calls are diverted to the employees home, I was told that years ago by a QVC CS woman so don't know how true it is, would make sense though.

I`m laughing my head off here. I can just envisage Doris or Mabel, wincyette nighties, teeth in a glass, hairnet and rollers and when the phone rings at 2am, one or both of them saying " good morning QVC how may I help you ?" as they spring out of bed.

You've got it in one. They will have some sort of analysis system to identify sales versus costs for every presenter, every 'major' product and every minute of the 24 hours and have obviously identified that overnight is costing too much. No more than what similar companies do.

I`m laughing my head off here. I can just envisage Doris or Mabel, wincyette nighties, teeth in a glass, hairnet and rollers and when the phone rings at 2am, one or both of them saying " good morning QVC how may I help you ?" as they spring out of bed.

What a picture you conjure up ! Especially the women 'spring out of bed' - sounds like the Duracell Bunny !

:mysmilie_17: Or slouching in their tracky bottoms and stained t-shirt with a bottle of brown ale, quickly stumping out their ciggy as the phone rings :mysmilie_17:

Didn't they have a two hour repeat as they were live between 12 and 2? Now it is an hourly repeat. I only spotted that recently but it could easily have happened months ago! It struck me as a bit odd.

I can't believe they divert phones to Doris and Mabel. They would need remote access to the computer system, and we all know how crap that is even under optimum conditions.

Night time repeats are becoming the norm .The only thing is sometimes I am unable to sleep and used to watch some of the repeats and at least they varied them. but have noticed its just one product on a loop now so I don't bother .I don't buy much anyway.Maybe eventually they will do away with live presenters and just have recorded sales ads.

Q must be facing a lot of competition from elsewhere on line so have to make changes and cuts probably.

And half asleep giving details of the wrong TSV - hey, they are all possible presenters, after all who needs accuracy it's never bothered them before.
L

On QVC US during the day they actually have Call Centre staff working from home. Saves money it seems.

It's relatively easy to run a call centre without an office for the staff to work from these days. There are a number of internet based call centre systems. I would imagine that for a number of people who find it difficult to be away from home for any length of time it could suit them to have shifts that allow them to accommodate other commitments.

It's relatively easy to run a call centre without an office for the staff to work from these days. There are a number of internet based call centre systems. I would imagine that for a number of people who find it difficult to be away from home for any length of time it could suit them to have shifts that allow them to accommodate other commitments.

Although this is Q IT we are talking about. This is the system which can't change the wrong details of an item even though it is a stock item for several years.

Although this is Q IT we are talking about. This is the system which can't change the wrong details of an item even though it is a stock item for several years.

Yes - indeed! The telephone call software is well established. Don't know how well it does with QVC's creaking stock management system which underpins their whole operation....

Latest posts

Back