Halogen Cookers recommendations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
I had an Idealworld halogen that was good for 2 years before the bulb went. It was a hinged one. The non hinged ones are cheaper. Are they easy to use. I am a bit scared of the lid being hot.

The lids are hot, and also quite heavy. You need to have your workspace clear, and room to manouvre. I would prefer a hinged one myself (ours isn't).
We bought ours at Costco, the brand is 'Visi Cook', and we have used it regularly for years, with no sign of it conking out yet. I understand with some brands it is possible to replace the bulbs, but I don't know which these are.

The lids are hot, and also quite heavy. You need to have your workspace clear, and room to manouvre. I would prefer a hinged one myself (ours isn't).
We bought ours at Costco, the brand is 'Visi Cook', and we have used it regularly for years, with no sign of it conking out yet. I understand with some brands it is possible to replace the bulbs, but I don't know which these are.
I looked into changing my IW bulb but it looked very complex. The Andrew James ones come with a spare bulb but lots of people complaining the fan breaks within 6 months.

I have had three, all unhinged (like me :)). Where I place mine, I don't think I would have room for the lid to lift up, think it would hit my overhead cupboard, so I prefer to pick off the lid and place it on my cooker hob.

I can't remember what make my first one was but the second was an Andrew James with a spare bulb. It was not that hard to replace the bulb when the first one had blown but once fitted, that spare bulb blew also, so I think there was another problem with it.

My latest one is a JML. I didn't know there was much difference in them but this one is my favourite. It cooks the food quicker and better.

I know I could never be without one now.

Latest posts

Back