bareMinerals TSV 06/03/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bare Minerals TSV March 6

Any clues yet as to what this might be please?

No surprises there then! I haven't bought a BM TSV for years; the colour items for lips and eyes are very repetitive and safe and I had an epiphany about the powder foundation and have found other foundation suit me better. QVC don't even stock their liquid foundation in my colour "Shell" so I'm confident my credit card can take the day off.

Worth finding out what the ingredients are in the products which will be in the TSV, once those are available.

An inevitable quote from Caroline Hirons on the subject:

Most allergies to eye products and eyeshadows/mineral makeup are caused by an ingredient called Bismuth Oxychloride. It is used to give the shimmer/light reflective 'glow' and is one of the biggest allergens I have witnessed in the industry. If you've previously never been able to use a particular eye cream or eyeshadow and had it blamed on 'your eyes' by a brand - check their inci list. You'll probably see it on there. If you can't use mineral makeup because it itches - you need to use a brand that openly says 'no bismuth oxychloride' when they are talking to you.

Sorry - and one from Bare Minerals' own site FAQs:

What is Bismuth Oxychloride?

Bismuth Oxychloride is derived from a naturally occurring mineral and can commonly be found as a colorant in cosmetics. We use Bismuth Oxychloride in our bareMinerals® Original SPF 15 Foundation and READY Foundation which gives these formulas a creamy texture when applied to the skin. The quality of the Bismuth Oxychloride used in our products is tested and confirmed prior to use. Every product formula undergoes safety testing to ensure its safety for use as a cosmetic product and every batch undergoes microbiological testing before sale. All bareMinerals® products are formulated in accordance with FDA (U.S. Federal Drug Administration) and international regulations and are safe for cosmetic use. Our bareMinerals Matte SPF 15 Foundation does not contain Bismuth Oxychloride.

Last edited:
From Facebook:

The 'Beauty Upgrade' you've been waiting for is here! Join Lee and SJ on Sunday 6th March for our Today's Special Value.

This gorgeous 8 piece collection includes...

NEW Prep Step Moisture Set Radiant Prep Cream

ORIGINAL Foundation SPF15

NEW Lash Domination Volumising Mascara Petite Precision Brush

NEW Pop of Passion Lip oil-Balm in ‘Blushing Passion’

Concealer SPF 20

Hydrating Mineral Veil® Finishing Powder

Flawless Face Brush

Maximum Coverage concealer brush

tsv.jpg

Attachments

• tsv.jpg
    tsv.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 483
I'm not going for this. For me it was between this and the Mally tsv, and I went with the latter yesterday as I wanted to try something new :)

Is Shell paler than Fair?

Hi Breeze, Shell is described as "light with cool undertones"; other "lights" in Bareskin are Linen and Ivory but the swatches here on their website are not helpful at all. Without testing in a shop I'd have no idea which to buy! I tested instore then bought from ebay but I think there are better foundations (for me at least) on the market so I wouldn't repurchase. It looks as though there are 20 shades in Bareskin but QVC only offer 10.

Wish they'd make tsv with a choice of foundation ie loose or ready.

I wish they'd stock more of the colours.
I bought the TSV that had the ready in it, in the palest shade but it's a bit dark & I've heard there's a paler one.
This TSV doesn't sound very inspiring.

I bought the TSV that had the ready in it, in the palest shade but it's a bit dark & I've heard there's a paler one.

QVC only stocks the top selling colours. Generally the palest shade offered (eg: Bareskin Opal) is not sold on QVC.

The scale is different on different foundation products offered...
  • bareskin: BM - 20 shades | QVC - 10 shades (QVC US all 20)
  • complexion rescue: BM - 10 shades | QVC - 6 shades (QVC US all 10)
  • blemish remedy foundation: BM - 10 shades | QVC - shades (QVC US not shown)
  • original spf 15: BM - 20 shades | QVC - 9 shades (QVC US all 20)
  • matte spf 15: BM - 20 shades | QVC - 9 shades (QVC US all 20)
  • ready spf 20: BM - 20 shades | QVC - 9 shades (QVC US 16)

Inevitably QVC US are more full-on, with their massive customer base, on the foundations they sell.

Wish they'd make tsv with a choice of foundation ie loose or ready.

no chance as they struggle with the colour choices as it is without a complication of adding the ready numbers ect to it

they basically pick half the colours that they acutally do & pick the most common ones & a few either side & thats about all we will ever have as we will never have the full range

Remember when it first came to QVC they denied all knowledge of a foundation paler than Fairly Light! While folk on here were shouting "Fair!" "FAIR!" at their TVs! :mysmilie_10:

they basically pick half the colours that they acutally do & pick the most common ones & a few either side & thats about all we will ever have as we will never have the full range
I know I've heard AY say herself that they offer the best-selling shades, if that's what you mean by common. I've also heard her saying on air that a customer who needs a lighter shade of the complexion rescue should look at the Opal shade, which unfortunately QVC don't offer.

As always, with QVC, they don't offer more shades because they don't generate the sales to make it practical to stock (and shift) a wider range. If they were confident they could generate the volume they undoubtedly would offer more shades, as their buyers could negotiate a bigger discount from BM. I wouldn't be surprised if they negotiate the discount per shade and the most popular subsidise the less popular so they can offer a wide enough range to include most of their customer base.

Latest posts

Back