Join Clothes- sort the ruddy colour names out!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Here they go again.....what shade of blue vest top are we looking at? Guest says one thing, Marv says another, then says they can "look it up". For heaven's sake, woman, you should sort it out BEFORE you come on screen, not "look it up" when you are on screen. And why does Marv's voice go up several octaves at the end of her sentences as she drags out her words? Why does she make up her own word instead of using the proper pronunciation of the word? For example, she's talking about the harem-type pants, and how they cover the extra pounds, and she says "go on, have that treat at the weekends, it doesn't MADDDDER.........!" and she now tells us they've got the item in the colour NAVEEEEE. Oh, by the way, (1) she LUUURVS diamonique earrings and (2) she used to like that TV programme "Sapphire and Stone" (it was "Sapphire and Steel", dearie, as the guest has just pointed out to her). Don't give up the day job, Marv LUUUURV!:mysmilie_17:

I wonder if Michele Hope has been moonlighting as a designer for Join - itself a rather odd name - JOIN????! Hmm. More like: "Woman at C&A." Wonder how long it will be before the spark-inducing stretchy lace makes an appearance? Frankly one would find more style in a Damart catalogue!

Here they go again.....what shade of blue vest top are we looking at? Guest says one thing, Marv says another, then says they can "look it up". For heaven's sake, woman, you should sort it out BEFORE you come on screen, not "look it up" when you are on screen. And why does Marv's voice go up several octaves at the end of her sentences as she drags out her words? Why does she make up her own word instead of using the proper pronunciation of the word? For example, she's talking about the harem-type pants, and how they cover the extra pounds, and she says "go on, have that treat at the weekends, it doesn't MADDDDER.........!" and she now tells us they've got the item in the colour NAVEEEEE. Oh, by the way, (1) she LUUURVS diamonique earrings and (2) she used to like that TV programme "Sapphire and Stone" (it was "Sapphire and Steel", dearie, as the guest has just pointed out to her). Don't give up the day job, Marv LUUUURV!:mysmilie_17:

And don't forget, this is the woman who had a glittering career as a tv media trainer, and presenter :mysmilie_17: I'd like to know how she advised her students on dealing with live tv, because she's clearly taking instructions from her earpiece while she stretches out her words - sooooo obvious. As for the 'colours', Q is fast becoming farcical with its colour names, but when the guest 'ambassador' is stumped on their own range, then its nothing short of shambolic.

I am no fan of Marv, but I have noticed no matter who the presenter is they seem to have trouble with the 'Join and Yong Kim' colours.

The other day in a YK hour there were two tops which were so obviously the same brownish sludge colour but named as different colours .Even the presenters were aware of it and struggling to differentiate.The fall back position was the 30day MBG being .....oh well if its not what you expected send it back. What a waste of time and postage just because they cannot get the colours right.

It is not just Join Clothes all QVC colours are nightmare and have always been so!

You have to laugh, I've just been watching Craig host a Diamonique hour....there's a silver-coloured mesh necklace on screen (quite pretty, actually, about 48 quid in price) and the screen clearly states that it's Sterling silver....however, Craigy-Boy announces that his information says "silver tone". Now, as we know, silver tone usually means base metal that just looks like silver, and this could be important if you (like me) don't wear base metal because it can cause skin irritations. So we have another dither and dother, and he announces that "it says on screen it's Sterling silver". So is that it, Craig? It's like he thinks it doesn't matter...er, yes, it does matter, Craig - 1) are we paying for Sterling silver or silver tone base metal? 2) what about those of us who can't wear base metal? If some of these people on Q had a brain cell they would be dangerous. Who are the behind-the-scenes people who don't describe things clearly and consistently - especially colour shades - on both the screen shots AND the presenter's paperwork - they should be prime candidates for P45's, IMO. As you've said, it looks shambolic and demonstrates lack of preparation - they know they are constantly making c..k-ups with colour shades, you'd think that some sort of professionalism would kick in and they would make a real effort to improve. It gets more and more like Amateur Night on this channel, and as for Craig, well, it was as though he had shrugged his shoulders and couldn't give the proverbial.

And don't forget, this is the woman who had a glittering career as a tv 1) are media trainer, and presenter :mysmilie_17: I'd like to know how she advised her students on dealing with live tv, because she's clearly taking instructions from her earpiece while she stretches out her words - sooooo obvious. As for the 'colours', Q is fast becoming farcical with its colour names, but when the guest 'ambassador' is stumped on their own range, then its nothing short of shambolic.

One thing that amused me was how Mumbling Marv and the guest presenter were practically wetting themselves saying how wonderful the model looked wearing the harem-type trousers. IMO she looked awful in them, not at all a flattering look (but as MM might say, "so FLATTERINGGGGGG").
I wonder if Michele Hope has been moonlighting as a designer for Join - itself a rather odd name - JOIN????! Hmm. More like: "Woman at C&A." Wonder how long it will be before the spark-inducing stretchy lace makes an appearance? Frankly one would find more style in a , catalogue!

They are a joke at times. I've often heard them say something along the lines of "the info on screen is wrong, so if you want the pink go ahead and order the green and you will get the pink." Oh yes, that's so very professional. Personally, in that situation, I'd be telling them to shove it! IW is considered a lesser channel to QVC but they manage to get it right. If they can I'm sure QVC can too. QVC would never admit it, but IW knock spots off them in terms of professionalism at times.

Harem trousers don't suit anyone unless you have very long legs. I don't think any of Join would look good on me as I'm short and not that skinny, however, Cordy was wearing a gorgeous Aegean blue coloured top when I happened to look earlier. Lovely colour, just not the right top for me.

Just looking at IW just now and they have one of those swingy dip hem tops (not sharkbite) for £12.99. Black and navy. I'm actually interested - great for work on a fat day.

CC

I agree. I know I'm the first to take the pi.. out of some IW presenters, but the channel leaves Q standing when it comes to getting consistency between the on-screen info. and whatever the presenter's saying. IMO Q is getting worse - when I was occasionally buying from them, 3 or so years ago, the presenters seemed far more up to speed with what they were flogging, and I can't remember all this "is it brown or is it mud" type anguish over the colours, - and silver was silver, not base metal, with the implication that it 'doesn't matter either way, buy it or not I couldn't care less', which was the impression coming from Craig today. Unless I've wiped it from my memory, it seemed to be much more professional and none of this emphasis on the presenter showing off and publicising their books/past career/slebs they've met, etc. They need a blurdy good shakeup, but I suppose as long as they're making profits they don't care.
They are a joke at times. I've often heard them say something along the lines of "the info on screen is wrong, so if you want the pink go ahead and order the green and you will get the pink." Oh yes, that's so very professional. Personally, in that situation, I'd be telling them to shove it! IW is considered a lesser channel to QVC but they manage to get it right. If they can I'm sure QVC can too. QVC would never admit it, but IW knock spots off them in terms of professionalism at times.

I really think it started going down hill once I-pads were introduced for them to refer to, and are more concerned about 'how to order' than the products themselves. Phoning in, or texting would appear to be outdated, and much time is now given over to 'tweets' and photos on instagram and face book. As a consequence the presenters aren't prepared on their product - they don't need to be, they just tap the ****** app !

I'm really surprised that - particularly Julia the longest serving, the presenters haven't had it out with those responsible for colour choosing; cos if it was me I would raise the roof at being made to look a complete idiot on live tv.

Colour naming has been a major problem for some time, I would not be surprised if they had many returns as people got so confused then ordered the wrong colour.It's surely not rocket science to sort out? I first noticed it with Lola Rose with Nikki saying continually 'what are we (as in QVC) calling this?'

Exactly right. How they can bear to look so stupid over the colours time and time again defeats me - and don't get me started on the flippin' tapping, tweeting and farting about they do on-screen. If they don't want to interact properly with TV viewers, then don't have a TV channel - make buying online only, sack the presenters and be done with it.
I really think it started going down hill once I-pads were introduced for them to refer to, and are more concerned about 'how to order' than the products themselves. Phoning in, or texting would appear to be outdated, and much time is now given over to 'tweets' and photos on instagram and face book. As a consequence the presenters aren't prepared on their product - they don't need to be, they just tap the ****** app !

I'm really surprised that - particularly Julia the longest serving, the presenters haven't had it out with those responsible for colour choosing; cos if it was me I would raise the roof at being made to look a complete idiot on live tv.

Is it beyond them to get a minion (Will would do nicely) to write the colour on the blinking label, a sticker on the boots (another nightmare), label tied on the bags. Perhaps not very glamorous but at least we wouldn't have to put up with the shambles every show.

I don't watch the beauty shows, are the colours as bad on those?

Queen Bee Julia, who used to be the most professional of the lot has now become so addicted to the twatting she has turned into a 60 year old teenager. Who needs facts when we can twatt, swish our hair and flirt with the presenter, gallery and twatteriti.

Is it beyond them to get a minion (Will would do nicely) to write the colour on the blinking label, a sticker on the boots (another nightmare), label tied on the bags. Perhaps not very glamorous but at least we wouldn't have to put up with the shambles every show.

Generally, no. QVC do sometimes mess around with the colour names, but not to the same extent, to be honest... Particularly as so many brands of makeup are available elsewhere.

I watch so few beauty shows that I wouldn't know for sure, but if they are incapable of putting into place a common-sense solution to the ongoing soul-searching and hand-wringing over clothes colours, then it's very likely the same thing applies.

Queen Bee Julia, who used to be the most professional of the lot has now become so addicted to the twatting she has turned into a 60 year old teenager. Who needs facts when we can twatt, swish our hair and flirt with the presenter, gallery and twatteriti.

Agree with you on this, Julia is forever checking her 'pad' and looking over the top of her glasses, and you're right about the flirting, always with a sharp intake of breath followed by the outward palms - its getting repetitively boring now.

I've noticed they are all pushing the app now, interrupting the conversation to show us how easy it is to use and flashing the I pad screen at the camera.Sara G was at it today , and Julia is also getting over the top with it.Its like shes discovered technology and has to keep letting us know how brilliant she is.

Latest posts

Back