Peony flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahs!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
OMG that Julie Bates is getting on my tits! It's not just her flaaaaaaaahs that are oh so "faux," it's her Tipp-ex white gnashers, her oompa-loompa tandoori tan and her straw-like hair peroxided to within an inch of its life. It is also strange how she varies her pronunciation of the word: "flowers" from "flaaaah" as in: "khasi" to "flowers" as in: "power shower."

I also don't quite get the appeal of her FAKE flaaaaaaaaaaaaaahs either. Surely the whole point of cut flowers is to appreciate their fleeting, transient beauty before they fade and wither, as does everything in the cycle of life. Alison Keenan (who I generally like) is not helping. Together with Bates, she's like the other half of a pantomime act of Galapagos tortoises. That's what her neck looks like, well, kind of like a cross between Deirdre from Coronation Street and a centenarian tortoise or a leathery lizard. Don't think any amount of SBC fish collagen (a load of old carp...literally!) can smooth out that skin that's more crepey than a dish of crepe Suzettes! The plastic surgery may produce a tambourine-taut visage. however this looks wrong in contrast to the scrawny neck. She looks ridiculous as does Bates, billing and cooing over a few overpriced bits of plastic.

Last edited:
Well I'm sorry, but I totally disagree! Julie's passion for her lifestyle, home & business is incredibly inspiring! She presents her items with utter proudness, sophistication & amazement. The flowers are beautiful & in my home with the amount of events I hold and present they get nothing but admired & commented on. Faux flowers they may be, however, the stigma is no more. Quality at its finest😃

Well i think I've said in the past, before Peony entered my home, I loathed with a passion anything faux, which I still do, but not these flowers and the arrangements, they are without doubt, the most realistic that can be found for the general public anywhere on the market, and if you arrange and display them well, no one would ever know. Julius sorry, but they're not plastic if they were I wouldn't have them, some of the varieties she sells, I have in my garden, you can stand them next to one of hers and only I could tell them apart, unless they're touched.

I only purchased the oto with free p and p this time.

I love cut flowers , however did buy one Peony plant recently which I love.They are very realastic. They aren't like old style plastic flowers at all.i like Julie's energy and enthusiasm too,but the flaaaaaaaaaaaers pronounciation gets a bit irritating !

I saw some "white flowers in vases" arranged in JLP and thought they looked lovely.

I've never seen the Flaars in the flesh so I can't judge, but Julius has such a way with words. Thanks J, you made me chuckle from the shallows of my depression (they were depths last week so I'm enjoying the chuckles this week).

EM xxx

Back in the 80s I used to have lots of faux flowers as I used to arrange them as a hobby. There was an excellent company that had a shop locally that sold silk flowers, some of which I still have now. I would never touch plastic! I can honestly say that Julie and her mother have put so much hard work and effort into making their flowers what they are, they really are excellent. I have some here at home and get pleasure from them everyday. I like having real flowers in the house too, but these are second to none and always look nice, even though I don't live in a mansion. Yet! I have a friend who is similar to Julie, very OTT but one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. It does make me laugh that everything is divine and I do wish she'd realise there was an A in foliage but I love the flowers. If I had the space, I'd have more. And I think AK looks ****** marvellous given what she's been through.

Julius-- get straight to the point & say it as it is!!! I have actually ordered the TSV & I am not a 'fake' person but I have had arrangements from Bloom in the past & love them.They are a million miles from the old plastic flowers (who remembers the plastic roses you used to get with--I think--Daz washing powder?) I am not in the front row of Julia fans either but she does seem to know her stuff.

Well maybe Peony are the Rolls Royce in the faux flaaaaaaaaaaaah market, however I don't see why anyone who is not a shop window-dresser would by fake flaaahs only to spray a fake fragrance on them! Yuck!

Here are some pictures of Kalvariju Turgus - a market near where I grew up. See how beautiful and fresh everything is. The real FLOWERS are more beautiful than that woman's flaaaaaaaaaahs!

http://www.kalvariju-turgus.lt/GALERIJA1

Click on the pic of flowers there! Look at all the lovely products!

Here is another flower market on Savanoriu Prospektas. The flowers are cheap and very popular. Everyone loves them.

http://top.scbmedia.eu/ekonomika/prekeiviu-atlyginimus-didina-mokesciu-inspektoriu-vizitai/

I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. Why? Well they won't supply to NI. I just don't understand why I can buy a £800 TV, a £300 handbag, a £400 ring but I can't buy a fake flower arrangement valued at under 20 quid!

I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. Why? Well they won't supply to NI. I just don't understand why I can buy a £800 TV, a £300 handbag, a £400 ring but I can't buy a fake flower arrangement valued at under 20 quid!

That's crazy! NI is UK territory. They should deliver there. Still who needs that woman and her flaaaaaaaaaaaahs. As far as I'm concerned she can shove her faux phalenopsis where the sun don't shine!

Totally agree with everything Julius says, the Flower women is soooooooo embarrassing, all that silly gushing and stroking, I'm sure I saw her dribbling at one time, I have also seen Ali K's neck, it's got nothing to do with what she has been through, in my opinion it proves that none of the so called neck creams work.

I can't watch Julie either ( the only worse guest for me on QVC is the bossiest of the two 'Camouflage ' women) but I do love my peony flowers- some form QVC and some from home sense.i also have some of the fake candles amongst my real candles - the flickering ones that come on a timer . I don't have the money to constantly replace flowers and candles so this is a good compromise for me!

I'm sure the Peony flaaaaaaaaaaaahs are better than some of the alternatives out there, however I really am not keen on the idea of faux flaaaaaaaaahs sitting there gathering dust. They might look nice in a multi-million pound house / apartment - you know the type of properties that feature in the QVC promos - the houses that none of us actually live in. I live in a humble (former council) flat on the top floor of a block in a cul-de-sac in London. It does overlook a nice lawn / trees / flower beds. Sometimes I even buy things from...oh no...the high street!

I guess my aversion to faux flaaahs stems from a number of years back when due to the recession I lost my job. I left Paris and came to live in London to work for TfL. I ended up living in a really HORRIBLE and run-down hotel called the Wembar Hotel in Earls Court. The place was stuck in a timewarp and featured décor from 1974. The communal bathroom (with no hot water) featured an avocado bath suite and beige tiles. The entrance hall had a hideous patterned carpet and horrible dirty net curtains. There were also creepy faux flowers which were all faded. The whole place had an air of death about it. It reeked of cheapness and decay. I will never forget that seedy old dump and the horrible area. Not my part of London at all.

oh the joys of london. love it all the good the bad and the downright seedy....well not too seedy!

Latest posts

Back