T-Caller

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Did anyone else here look in on the 11pm M Assam show last night? Especially the part where a woman phoned in to speak to the studio. I wouldn't normally watch JF but I've not laughed so much in ages! The woman was talking on and on about what she likes and when JF tried to stop her she said, quite forcefully, "I haven't finished!". A bit later on she said how she felt that one customer "with a slower speaking voice" and a proper product explanation would get more across than the QVC presenters and guests who essentially gabble their way though it. JF just stood there the whole time with this fixed rictus of a smile on her face. The one part that really got my attention was when she said that Assam was just as good as other QVC products she uses which cost 4 or 5 times as much. She admitted to being financially secure, but, to me it just says that the other products aren't worth the prices charged. Perfect timing just before an Elemis TSV! QVC hasn't been so entertaining in ages!

I only channel hop now and again for a minute but I'd have paid good money, and lots of it, to see that :mysmilie_15:

I did catch some of the call and had a good chuckle about it, I do love to hear a more assertive customer ring in and say their bit, it amused me when Jill had been raving about their products to then introduce the Elemis tsv at 11.30 and give that an equally glowing comment

I only channel hop now and again for a minute but I'd have paid good money, and lots of it, to see that :mysmilie_15:

go to QVC website, watch QVC menu option,
and chose the show yesterday at 11pm from calendar to watch again
£50 please *wink*

Love that t-caller was going on about how she would not stop using her much more expensive cleansers!!!

Is it just me or is Jill speaking kind of strangely? I noticed last couple days she has only been on one hour instead of two or three, she didn't launch Elemis TSV but was meant to.

Eugh - I hate telephone callers - They always make me cringe with embarrassment.

I thought this caller sounded a bit... self satisfied?

She called not only to say she loved the cream BUT to emphasise (3+ times) that she was well able to buy more expensive stuff if she wanted to and that she used to be a model (not relevant). It was her choice of words that irritated me.... Yep, she was definitely smug.

Is it just me or is Jill speaking kind of strangely? I noticed last couple days she has only been on one hour instead of two or three, she didn't launch Elemis TSV but was meant to.

The speculation on FB is that JF has had dental work - braces have apparently been mentioned.

Last edited:
go to QVC website, watch QVC menu option,
and chose the show yesterday at 11pm from calendar to watch again
£50 please *wink*

Ahh thanks, I've just tried that (noticed they've changed their website to one like Ideal Worlds) I tried pressing the "watch show live" but it won't load, just keeps going back to the woman baking with the kiddie, but thanks anyway, oh and by the way, that would've been worth every single penny of £5O. :mysmilie_17:

Ahh thanks, I've just tried that (noticed they've changed their website to one like Ideal Worlds) I tried pressing the "watch show live" but it won't load, just keeps going back to the woman baking with the kiddie, but thanks anyway, oh and by the way, that would've been worth every single penny of £5O. :mysmilie_17:

yes it is confusing, but if you press on the pic of the woman baking with the kiddie
you will get the M Assam show
provided you chose in the previous step
had me confuddled too
not very good design
just press away

yes it is confusing, but if you press on the pic of the woman baking with the kiddie
you will get the M Assam show
provided you chose in the previous step
had me confuddled too
not very good design
just press away

I found it thanks, I tried to find the exact spot but hearing JF and how she loves it and always uses it I just had to turn off, but thanks anyway, when I've got the time I'll watch the full hour on mute and wait till the caller is on.

That does sound entertaining. I've become so bored with q's offerings that I hardly watch nowadays but perhaps I should because nearly every time I tune in there's something toe curling or rib tickling going on.
Hope this latest incident doesn't herald the demise of the t-caller altogether as the dreaded twitter sucks the life out of shows.

I found it thanks, I tried to find the exact spot but hearing JF and how she loves it and always uses it I just had to turn off, but thanks anyway, when I've got the time I'll watch the full hour on mute and wait till the caller is on.

you can move straight to minute 31, as Marina mentioned,
move the bar with the time elapsed showing at bottom forward,
either with mouse if on computer
or finger on tablet

Eugh - I hate telephone callers - They always make me cringe with embarrassment.

I thought this caller sounded a bit... self satisfied?

She called not only to say she loved the cream BUT to emphasise (3+ times) that she was well able to buy more expensive stuff if she wanted to and that she used to be a model (not relevant). It was her choice of words that irritated me.... Yep, she was definitely smug.

I thought she was very smug too! I personally don't need to hear someone going on about how financially secure they are when there are thousands more people who aren't that well off and have to pick and choose carefully what they can afford to buy. It was good that she talked about how she liked the face cream but she did not have to sound so self satisfied.

I watched it just now and think that the telephone caller, Mrs Mitchell, came across as a really nice lady. She wasn't aggressive or nasty, she just wanted to talk about her experience with the product. Jill Franks's face was a picture, though. There were a couple of times when it made me actually laugh out loud.

Well she would be in excellent company as there is no one more smug and self satisfied than a Q presenter and a Q guest.

I can't bear to watch Alexia from L'Occtaine as to me she is the epitome of smugness made worse by the continual washing of her hands (don't know why that action makes it worse but it does). It just oozes out of her.

I watched it just now and think that the telephone caller, Mrs Mitchell, came across as a really nice lady. She wasn't aggressive or nasty, she just wanted to talk about her experience with the product. Jill Franks's face was a picture, though. There were a couple of times when it made me actually laugh out loud.

I think that JF had a producer shouting in her ear 'Jill, end it now!!!' as she cringed a couple of times during the call.

Latest posts

Back