Magic moments

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Time the floor fell out of my car when I put the clutch down! lol

Just heard a Perry Como song on the radio and it got me thinking. What have been some of the more entertaining moments on QVC recently?

I nominate:

1) The T-caller - Mrs Mitchell, a rather astute lady telephoned in and assertively put some points across, making Jill Franks uncomfortable as she was put under pressure to wrap up the segment.

2) Recent hour during which Simon Biagi said a silver necklace "REFRACTS" the light. (He does not seem to know that refraction only happens when light passes through more than one transparent medium, and that as the light is not passing THROUGH the silver, it is merely reflected.

3) The moment Julia Roberts winced and put down a fig candle rather quickly.

Nothing will ever beat the vacuum cleaner fiasco with Charlie and the demonstrator.

Everything that could go wrong did, and he became hysterical with laughter.

She became both upset and angry, and said she would never work with him again.

And she has completely disappeared from Q now.

Jill franks falling over. Got to say she was a real trooper, got up and carried on. Not a fan but hasd respect for her that night.

Nothing will ever beat the vacuum cleaner fiasco with Charlie and the demonstrator.

Oh yes, I remember that. It was that rather hoarse-voiced woman, wasn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT1KygyYSsc

I've seen it many times, but I was in hysterics yet again.

And even in the final demo, it wasn't picking anything up.

At least 3 times she said she would never work with Charlie again, finishing with "Never again, never again".

She was ALWAYS.on Q demoing different vacs, the resident cleaning guest (Catherine Stewart), until then.

That's going back a bit, I'd forgotten how boring QVC was then? But what I noticed is, how much longer they gave a product, about twelve minutes to the now three to five, but I suppose the real question is, how on earth based on that did they ever get to 23 years?

Oh how I wish I'd seen that!! Poor Charlie - and not a meat pie to nosh in sight, either!! (PS: just seen the link, above...)

Julius, is this a euphemism for something??? :mysmilie_17:
Time the floor fell out of my car when I put the clutch down! lol

Just heard a Perry Como song on the radio and it got me thinking. What have been some of the more entertaining moments on QVC recently?

I nominate:

1) The T-caller - Mrs Mitchell, a rather astute lady telephoned in and assertively put some points across, making Jill Franks uncomfortable as she was put under pressure to wrap up the segment.

2) Recent hour during which Simon Biagi said a silver necklace "REFRACTS" the light. (He does not seem to know that refraction only happens when light passes through more than one transparent medium, and that as the light is not passing THROUGH the silver, it is merely reflected.

3) The moment Julia Roberts winced and put down a fig candle rather quickly.

I've also seen this many times and just watched it again and am now crying with laughter. Absolute classic.

Years ago, Beverly with the Christmas boingers, where the guest was swinging it around totally hyperactive and hysterical and the toy was nearly reaching the rafters. It was either Charlie or Dale presenting and they were worried, they couldn't control her and she said she was sober! They brought on the Floor Manager in the end.

I've not seen that clip before, but I'm also in tears of laughter.
Why on earth did they let that demo continue, you could also hear the crew laughing in the background too :mysmilie_867::mysmilie_867::mysmilie_867:

Alison Young's ?? anniversary show, it was a while back, might've been 15th Anniversary, when one of the cameramen came on and smashed a chocolate cake in her face. She was laughing nearly as much as me - good sport!!

In the very early days it was around Xmas time Paul lavers was demonstrating some magic paint where you put some drops in a bowl of water and then dipped pottery in it and when you pulled it out the paint stuck to the pottery almost like creating your own dinner service pattern, magic marvel or something it was called. When Paul did the demo, he dipped in a cup, swirled it around and when he pulled it out, the water and paint just ran off and didn't stick. He kept trying but it kept happening and at this point he was laughing his head off trying to continue the demo. Qvc switched to running some ads and as they did you heard a lot of smashing and the shelving that was used to hold the cups had fallen and smashed. I've looked for clips of this but haven't found anything. It was truly funny and Paul was hilarious with his voice jumping octaves during the presentation as he tried and failed to keep himself together.

This is a clip I put up onto youtube myself. I thought the "walking through the wall" misunderstanding was very funny. But I also edited this to include some of the other preceding incidents. The presenter seemed very hyper, and Simon was trying his best to keep things together.

I put this up recently, but can't remember which thread, so I'm putting it up here as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXo-BDTl3E0

This is hysterical, loved the bit where all the collected debris fell out all over the vac! I thought she was going to thump Charlie at one point, and the best bit for me was at the end, where he's almost wetting himself with laughter, while babbling on "it's a really great cleaner, it really is", and wiping tears of laughter from his eyes. :mysmilie_15:
Oh yes, I remember that. It was that rather hoarse-voiced woman, wasn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT1KygyYSsc

Last edited:
Priceless comment - I'm crying with laughter here! :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:
Years ago, Beverly with the Christmas boingers, where the guest was swinging it around totally hyperactive and hysterical and the toy was nearly reaching the rafters. It was either Charlie or Dale presenting and they were worried, they couldn't control her and she said she was sober! They brought on the Floor Manager in the end.

This is hysterical, loved the bit where all the collected debris fell out all over the vac! I thought she was going to thump Charlie at one point, and the best bit for me was at the end, where he's almost wetting himself with laughter, while babbling on "it's a really great cleaner, it really is", and wiping tears of laughter from his eyes. :mysmilie_15:
This just shows that they will never tell the truth even it's staring in their faces.

I've never seen Charlie "corpse" like this, and I thought he was very funny, especially when he said to her "I'm not doing anything" when she directed an angry comment at him - all he did was ask if he could help out (I suppose if he hadn't offered, she'd have moaned at him about that, so he couldn't do right, could he?). The crew in the background were in fits, too, which I think was annoying her. I'd love to know what happened afterwards off-screen - I bet she kicked some ar**, as she seemed a feisty lady to me.
This just shows that they will never tell the truth even it's staring in their faces.

Latest posts

Back