Morning show competition!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
Don`t watch it a lot at all but just noticed you can only text the answer in to the competition!! I`m sure you used to be able to call in to enter I find this very unfair I don`t enter it but sure I`m not the only one who doesn`t text at all!! I only purchased a mobile phone for me and my husband last year purely for emergencies because of our health problems!! I`d like to complain for the hell of it but if I phoned I doubt it would go any further !! grumpyoldwoman.com lol

Don`t watch it a lot at all but just noticed you can only text the answer in to the competition!! I`m sure you used to be able to call in to enter I find this very unfair I don`t enter it but sure I`m not the only one who doesn`t text at all!! I only purchased a mobile phone for me and my husband last year purely for emergencies because of our health problems!! I`d like to complain for the hell of it but if I phoned I doubt it would go any further !! grumpyoldwoman.com lol

Yep you used to be able to phone a freephone number......now text only and you get charged for it, not included in your bundled texts!!!

freephone if you want to order only. they more than likely make money on this texting malarcy

Well nothing is free .They def must be making some money to give it as a prize credits .Qvc and free .mmm that's a joke .

Don`t watch it a lot at all but just noticed you can only text the answer in to the competition!! I`m sure you used to be able to call in to enter I find this very unfair . . . . .

It's just the world moving on I'm afraid, things change over time. When I was young a competition entry had to be sent on a postcard. Then it changed to telephoning your entry, and people without phones complained. Then it changed to emailing your entry, and people without the internet complained. Now it's changed to texting your entry, and people who don't like texting are complaining. There can be very, very few people who don't have text-capable mobile phones nowadays (even my 90 year old Mum has one), so the vast majority are able to enter the Q competition, and texting is so easy that anyone can do it. We can't hold the world back because it's taking us out of our comfort zone, we all have to move with the times or we get left behind.

It's just the world moving on I'm afraid, things change over time. When I was young a competition entry had to be sent on a postcard. Then it changed to telephoning your entry, and people without phones complained. Then it changed to emailing your entry, and people without the internet complained. Now it's changed to texting your entry, and people who don't like texting are complaining. There can be very, very few people who don't have text-capable mobile phones nowadays (even my 90 year old Mum has one), so the vast majority are able to enter the Q competition, and texting is so easy that anyone can do it. We can't hold the world back because it's taking us out of our comfort zone, we all have to move with the times or we get left behind.

most people do have a landline or free calls on thier mobiles. so entering the competition was always free in the past charging is well just charging

I pay a flat rate pay as you go fee that includes a set number of hours of calls (3 hours or 5 hours for example), unlimited internet and 3,000 text messages. I've entered various tv votes, competitions etc and it all comes out of the texts allowance, I don't have to pay extra, it costs the same if I send 1 or 1,000 texts and regardless of who I send them to. I buy this tariff because I have an 8 inch tablet with a built-in mobile phone and it gives me unlimited internet on the tablet.

But what happened to choice and all customers wishes being important and catered for !!?? :(

I pay a flat rate pay as you go fee that includes a set number of hours of calls (3 hours or 5 hours for example), unlimited internet and 3,000 text messages. I've entered various tv votes, competitions etc and it all comes out of the texts allowance, I don't have to pay extra, it costs the same if I send 1 or 1,000 texts and regardless of who I send them to. I buy this tariff because I have an 8 inch tablet with a built-in mobile phone and it gives me unlimited internet on the tablet.

I am pay and go .I have 1000 texts free but to any competitions lines ,am charged .Even my hubby with a contract is charged for comp lines .Dont think everyone has your type

I know technology and time move on & I am a certain age BUT how many times have you had to leap out of the way to avoid someone walking along texting who is totally unaware of anyone around them?--& you get a filthy look if you don't comply.Times have to move on but at the risk of loosing manners & consideration for others?

Most tariffs are not like this you get charged for the text to enter competition even if you do have a text bundle.

I have to pay for competitions with my contract too, I even have to pay for emojis and I have to keep my texts short or split them up because with O2 I get charged for "unlimited" texts if they're over ex amount of characters.

I know technology and time move on & I am a certain age BUT how many times have you had to leap out of the way to avoid someone walking along texting who is totally unaware of anyone around them?--& you get a filthy look if you don't comply.Times have to move on but at the risk of loosing manners & consideration for others?

I don't believe anything justifies lack of manners and consideration, but I don't think new technology is responsible for that. People are either brought up to have manners or they're not, and sadly many are not. Personally I don't leap out of the way of someone who isn't looking where they're going. When I see them coming I put my arm out horizontally in front of me with my hand up so they walk into my hand. Sometimes I stop walking and put both arms out. It always stops them and they usually have the grace to apologise.

I am pay and go .I have 1000 texts free but to any competitions lines ,am charged .Even my hubby with a contract is charged for comp lines .Dont think everyone has your type

I thought it was just me as I am charged over £1.50 for each competition text. The reason the internet entries are free is so that they have your email address to sell on and Also bombard you with spam.

I was at a staff lunch the other day and 2 people used their phone (texting or twatting not sure which) the whole way through the meal. One was a 40 year old and one about 20, so not totally a generation thing.

I was quite pleased when another person spoke up and asked them to stop!

Most tariffs are not like this you get charged for the text to enter competition even if you do have a text bundle.

Yes certain numbers are not part of your bundle. I get unlimited texts but most competition numbers are charged.

Latest posts

Back