Best Hairspray

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Marina

Registered Shopper
My best ever find was Michael Di Cesare and I only bought in once before it and he disappeared.
Then Lulu ‘Strike a Pose’ comes second. Although it holds well I do not like the atomiser – a lot of hairspray comes out and sets on hair wet and on the clothes, face, shoulders, arms.
I’m still on the look out for the perfect one. What is your perfect hair spray/lacquer?

A really good non-QVC one is Aldi natural hold which is very inexpensive ! It's better than some of the more costly ones I've tried in the past . It's my current favourite & no P&P !!!

A really good non-QVC one is Aldi natural hold which is very inexpensive ! It's better than some of the more costly ones I've tried in the past . It's my current favourite & no P&P !!!
Thank you Jenny, I'm going to get it this weekend. I tried different brands in Boots and Superdrug – didn’t like any except Elnett but I don’t find it ideal for me either.

I've used the unfragranced Boots hairspray for years now, have found nothing else to beat it and one of the shop assistants said it's their best selling hairspray.

I've used the unfragranced Boots hairspray for years now, have found nothing else to beat it and one of the shop assistants said it's their best selling hairspray.
Thank you yesilkedi, I'll add it to my list. Actually by local Boots is closer than Aldi...

It's not a hairspray but Superdrug Colab hair shine Luxe, loads of Beauty bloggers rave about this and the dry hair shampoos. I am going to try it next time I go to Superdrug.

I've read some reviews on Boots website and people say it has strong smell of alcohol or something chemical because it's unscented. Is this the case?

It seems a dupe for Elnett at 79 p and huge size!
https://www.aldi.co.uk/hairspray/p/057057005386600

I'm going to try both Aldi and Boots (providing the smell is not too strong).
I had hairspray can't remember the name - a huge can, I had to bin it in the end and it was almost full, the smell was too much.

I always buy the Boots Essential Hairspray, the unperfumed/unfragranced one and have never noticed any chemical smell hanging about after the initial spray, and I am usually quite good at picking up on things like that!

I've always used loreals elnett and love it. I use the extra strength and find it lasts very well and doesn't have a nasty smell like others I'd used in the past

I got some from Aldi in a gold can bit like Elnett? but it smells awful, I always use V05 in the pink can.

Advice Please
I use hair spray too when I`m putting rollers in on dry hair after washing to give it some staying power and hopefully volume and lift Just wondered if there`s anything else that`s meant for the job. In the past hair dressers have always said there was a lot despite it being fine but sure its thinning due to age and health problems Thanks in advance :)

Advice Please
I use hair spray too when I`m putting rollers in on dry hair after washing to give it some staying power and hopefully volume and lift Just wondered if there`s anything else that`s meant for the job. In the past hair dressers have always said there was a lot despite it being fine but sure its thinning due to age and health problems Thanks in advance :)

Back in the day in the hairdressers, they would apply setting lotion before putting in your rollers. I think you can still buy setting lotion. If you put it into a search engine you can find brands available at major retailers. There is even setting lotion spray rather than just the lotion the hairdressers used to use (which might be easier).

I got some from Aldi in a gold can bit like Elnett? but it smells awful, I always use V05 in the pink can.

good thing about Aldi is,
you can return it for a full refund
after using it, if you don't like it
i think it was within 60 days
says on the back of the receipt
hence okay to try but you don't have to waste your money if no good to you

Latest posts

Back