Elemis Keeley.....if you couldn't get to the Beauty Bash since too far South....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bigbean

Registered Shopper
...why not go to Oadby.....and book yourself 'into The Retreat it is a beautiful salon that I would highly recommend and for 1 week March 14th the Elemis Skin Lab has arrived'

Not knowing where Oadby was, I googled, and it's south of Leicester so hardly 'north' or in fact anywhere near Scotland where I was hoping it might be. Whilst I fully appreciate that Keeley or Elemis might not want to venture as far north as Scotland or the Highlands of Scotland where I'm from (lovely but doubt they'll ever come this far) I wish they wouldn't give the impression that by offering alternatives like Oadby (to London) they are catering for the masses because they aren't.

Complaint over! Reaching for the glass of wine now.

....the Celtic nations always seemed to be missed.....

Re your glass of wine...slàinte mhath!

Well at least they're recognising life beyond the Watford Gap, but we don't need beauty up North, we're still all down the mines you know! ;)

Hi Bigbean...a few years ago someone posted a photo from Google Earth showing Keeley's salon had a kebab & pie shop next door. :mysmilie_59: Mind you once your eyes are closed with the scent of Frangipani oil wafting and transporting you to exotic dreams and "heady nights of expectation" (to borrow a Molton Brownism), I'm sure you'd forget about the coleslaw on the pavement outside. :mysmilie_5:

Hi Bigbean...a few years ago someone posted a photo from Google Earth showing Keeley's salon had a kebab & pie shop next door. :mysmilie_59: Mind you once your eyes are closed with the scent of Frangipani oil wafting and transporting you to exotic dreams and "heady nights of expectation" (to borrow a Molton Brownism), I'm sure you'd forget about the coleslaw on the pavement outside. :mysmilie_5:

Ah...I see! Oh dear not great to be sandwiched between 2 fast food shops....is this her salon in Cyprus or before she moved there?

Buy two sausage rolls for £1 and stash them in you handbag, once you have been detoxed and hungry you can stuff them down your cake hole.

Hi Bigbean...a few years ago someone posted a photo from Google Earth showing Keeley's salon had a kebab & pie shop next door. :mysmilie_59: Mind you once your eyes are closed with the scent of Frangipani oil wafting and transporting you to exotic dreams and "heady nights of expectation" (to borrow a Molton Brownism), I'm sure you'd forget about the coleslaw on the pavement outside.

I think once you'd stepped inside said 'salon', the interior of which looked like some sort of Eastern inspired tarts' boudoir, furnished from down t' market, you would very quickly forget about the pie & kebab shop next door!

:mysmilie_466:

Keeley said on Facebook that she doesn't own a salon, she works free on her own.

Must have sold the UK salon then. That was the draw there for her fans, Keeley's salon which she always went on about before moving to Cyprus. She used to fly home for special clients and announce on her Facebook page when she was coming over. Her husband also worked there before marrying her.

Didn't know that! Just in Cyprus, there is no salon as someone on Facebook wanted to come over for a facial there.

Just want to be a bit pendantic and point out the above link is for a Tamworth town salon and not The Retreat in Oadby mentioned at the beginning of this thread, they are 30+ miles apart. I know because I am from this part of the Midlands and worked in Leicester for many years.

Just want to be a bit pendantic and point out the above link is for a Tamworth town salon and not The Retreat in Oadby mentioned at the beginning of this thread, they are 30+ miles apart. I know because I am from this part of the Midlands and worked in Leicester for many years.

The photo is what was Keeley's salon which was discussed in the thread, I didn't say it was The Retreat at Oadby.

Latest posts

Back