Would you prefer honesty or waffle ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
fashion show - Jilly H is asking so called stylish what shape items would suit - well guess what every colour and every cut will suit every height and shape ammmaaazzzinly

Would it be so awful to say something would/wouldn't suit and then say something like "that xyz may not suit a big bottom but this abc would be the one which would really suit" .

I know I would have more respect if they did.

20 minutes in and the same old same old stock phrases being trotted out time after time.

fashion show - Jilly H is asking so called stylish what shape items would suit - well guess what every colour and every cut will suit every height and shape ammmaaazzzinly

Would it be so awful to say something would/wouldn't suit and then say something like "that xyz may not suit a big bottom but this abc would be the one which would really suit" .

I know I would have more respect if they did.

20 minutes in and the same old same old stock phrases being trotted out time after time.
One of the few things I actually like about Trinny and Susannah is that they will say whether something is better for different body shapes.

QVC are ridiculous sometimes, though... they are as bad with skincare, to be honest.

I'd much prefer honesty but never gonna happen.....!

I never listen to Jilly H anyway, she's the absolute worst of the bunch for coasting through on stock phrases - the only time I do listen to her is when trying to guess the first point in a presentation at which she will come out with her trusty old favourite of 'selling very very quickly indeed'.......!

:cheeky:

Yes it seems you can`t go wrong at QVC listening to all the fashion advice... one day stripes going around you body will be slimming and the day after or even in the same show those going downwards are slimming too eloooongating your body !! Its magic every shape suits all .... another stock phrase for Jilly is .... ` to add to your collection` as though its a designer range !!

Or how about "if you have a large bust it will minimise it and if you've not much up top it will make the most of what you've got (i.e. make it bigger)". Eh? Carla Laszlo favourites that one but it only makes her sound like she's got nothing up top - in the head department.

CC

Or how about "if you have a large bust it will minimise it and if you've not much up top it will make the most of what you've got (i.e. make it bigger)". Eh? Carla Laszlo favourites that one but it only makes her sound like she's got nothing up top - in the head department.

CC

Yes - utterly ridiculous. She would sound more credible if she actually knew what she was talking about. She seems very nice, but I wouldn't take any fashion advice from her.

I still have a soft spot for Carla from the early Tig days but agree that she has just become a Q mouthpiece clone since she started stepping in for missing guests and then eventually becoming permanent brand ambassador.

Very much a case of over exposure of someone who appears quite a likeable person you might enjoy a cup of coffee with.
Alison O'Reilly is exactly the same.
Lesley (who had her own range with sleeves?) is another one. Actually she annoys me a lot because as an actual designer she should be better. So called stylists don't even feature on my radar as having creditability on any subject other than themselves. Totally self obsessed.

The stripes are expertly placed on a Ronni Nicole dress .... according to CH .... looks like ones following the other to me but then I`m no expert on these expert thing ;)

Is it just me or does Jacki K look like a refugee from call the midwife/Florence Nightingale in that coat/cape buttoned up at the neck. The model is stuutting a dark one on the catwalk worn in a modely type of way and it looks 100% better.

I note that she has changed her hair colour just a pity she hasn't done any pre show preparation regarding the colour of the clothes she is trying to sell. Oh silly me, she was doing a quickie order for herself!

Is it just me or does Jacki K look like a refugee from call the midwife/Florence Nightingale in that coat/cape buttoned up at the neck. The model is stuutting a dark one on the catwalk worn in a modely type of way and it looks 100% better.

I note that she has changed her hair colour just a pity she hasn't done any pre show preparation regarding the colour of the clothes she is trying to sell. Oh silly me, she was doing a quickie order for herself!

Not quite LATI. I just saw the show and she looks like a Stormtrooper.

Not quite LATI. I just saw the show and she looks like a Stormtrooper.

Lol you're right!

image.jpg

And the black version would be like...

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back