Fink & max

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Oh dear, two more shows that need reporting under the Trades Description Act at referring to these items of clothing as 'fashion'. I don't know about laying off staff, I think the clowns calling themselves 'designers' also need to be put ( AND us ) out of their misery.

We need 'stuff' that we cant get on the High Street, but the 'hard working buyers' just don't seem to 'get' that. All the offerings seen on Q can be bought in Bon Marche, and other similar shops for less money. All we get now are sleeved tops in either plain or print which is the only thing that separates them; and if you were to see just one printed top on a rail, you'd be hard pushed to know if it was Nina Leonard, Renee, Mr Max, Christopher Fink et al. All pretty rubbish really.

Exactly - we want something you can't get on DHS. Everything on Q is at the very least £10 PLUS POSTAGE so on average £16 more and the quality is on a par with the lower end shops where the price difference could be £30. Then we go into the Join, YK, Rosen Chen T&S and we are into £50 or £60 . It would be ok to pay a good bit more for difference or quality but we are being offered neither.

On last evenings fashion show they had a model who must have been well over 6ft (she made JH look a real shortie) plus she had killer heels at least 6 inches, and the trousers and jump suits were still trailing on the ground. Now who the heck were those aimed at, certainly not me or anyone under 6ft. There would have been enough material (fabrication) left over for me to make a pair of curtains.

I have a jacket from Chelsea Muse by Chris Fink and have to admit its great! I bought it in the last clicks for a third of the original price but would have happily paid full for it. Although I must admit todays offerings were awful.

I didn't bother to watch. Unusual for me because I love to be critical about the fashion ,but I could not even get up the enthusiasm for that. I caught one short glimpse of Fink and turned off.

Back when I was new to QVC I would see a show billed as fashion, and really get disappointed by the offerings. Some of the guests were entertaining, but far too often the clothes were entertaining for all the wrong reasons. It seems that these days the quality and variety QVC offer across the multitude of clothing brands they stock is diminishing rapidly. I hold QVC more responsible than the brands.

Many of the US brands are also sold on QVCUS so to get a good price-point it's the same garment sold on both QVC US and UK... and it's been made to US consumer tastes.
I also think that the negotiations for what is sold on QVC are all driven by QVC demands: QVC tell them the price they expect to buy the items at, and the price they expect to sell them at.
Also, I have no doubt that they "help" the brands by introducing them to fabric suppliers and factories where they can still turn a profit while selling on QVC.
As with the beauty offerings, QVC will have a non-negotiable - you must bring your biggest sellers - every time. The change to the prints and colours will be about as much leeway as the brands get, I suspect... What is a best-seller will be driven as much or more by QVC US customer buying patters, simply because their volumes dwarf ours.

What is a real shame about this is that even with the brands which are not on QVC US we tend to see them gradually go down the same path.

The second fashion show is on in the background. Firstly if they banned the word aaammmaaazzzing from Q we would have total silence!

I also note that the items featured are not the usual Q staples (Nl/AbR/ Kimmy/Anntony) rather those who might have a smidgen of style but who only last one or two showings before we go back to the same old same old.

The larger model will never feature in the Fashion a Runway shows but rather will be trotted out for the above shows, why? Do these not come in over a size small or do they not want the "spoil" the look by having normal sized people on?

Guess which I think?

Latest posts

Back