Michael Dicesare - where did he go to!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ohnonotshoppingagain

Registered Shopper
I was never a big fan, but it seemed to me that he was having all of his virtues tolled, when given a QVC award a couple of years back.

Then he has disappeared, but to where I don't know.

I only chose his name because I sometimes (could be wrong here) think that QVC owe their members, from whom they make all their money, some sort of explanation as along the lines of; "this is just a little announcement to let you all know, who have followed him for years, that Michael Dicesare will no longer be joining us, or featuring his products on QVC - Michael has moved on to different things (or worse he has died)" An explanation albeit a brief one, would make me feel like a valued customer of 21 years.

How do you feel about this, as it has happend that we just suddenly don't see some long standing guests, such as he, who simply disappear into the ether?:mysmilie_43:

This kind of thing happens in shops and supermarkets where you buy a product that you really like and then suddenly it disappears off the shelf. If you ask why they usually say it's discontinued or we've stopped stocking it but no reason is given.

He won first prize in a Mick Hucknall lookalike contest and vanished to the Costa del Sol.

I know he had health problems but I don't know whether that's the reason he no longer sells on Q UK. I agree it'd be nice for QVC to mention their vendors when they move on; they force feed us all the details of their lives if they think it'll boost sales; then "poof" they're gone!
I don't think MdiC still sells on HSN, The Shopping Channel or QVC in the States.

I know he had health problems but I don't know whether that's the reason he no longer sells on Q UK. I agree it'd be nice for QVC to mention their vendors when they move on; they force feed us all the details of their lives if they think it'll boost sales; then "poof" they're gone!
I don't think MdiC still sells on HSN, The Shopping Channel or QVC in the States.

I had forgotten about him until last night when it suddenly occurred to me that we hadn't seen him in ages, mind you I think he's made a lot of money from his hair products, which to be honest, never really worked for me, but he did have a huge amount of loyal people, and he had been on Q since 20 years, I know this because he was on when I first started watching it.

Mind you, I hope he's ok.

Its like that other chap who produced jewellery that could only be done up with magnetic clasps - cleverly he sold the necklace separately from all the pendants, which were not compatible with ordinary necklaces. He hasn't been on for years.

He has cancer and that was the reason he disappeared the first time. Did appear on IW for a very short period. Sold on HSN in the US after that, then when he came back to QVC UK fans of his oat wash got excited. Only to find they didn't sell it in the UK any more(not sure if its still sold in the US?), so totally different formulas and range on sale. I got the idea it wasn't that popular and he had so few shows.

I do remember loads of his range in TKMaxx at one point. I wasn't a fan of his products did try them, the shampoo smelt too strong and the setting thing made my hair feel crispy.

Oh poor chap, hope he gets better.

I used the blue, marine based range after chemo. I used an ice cap so had about half my hair remaining, very thin, and completely lifeless. It soon came back to health and I think the marine stuff (forget the name) really helped. They did shampoo, conditioner and little ampoules of serum to put in every two or three days. Anyway, this range seems to have disappeared as well.

Latest posts

Back