Made my ears bleed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

amelia

Registered Shopper
I have just suffered Claire and Kim M presenting Kim & Co just before lunch today. After 10 minutes I had to mute them. They got more and more screechy, competing with each other. It was so painful to my ears! Please don't put them together ever again! What a relief when Julia came on to present Ronnie Nicola........bliss!

I am glad l missed that show. I was just going to put the 1pm Radley show on but Claire's presenting it! I really cannot abide her silly, screechy little girl voice. It's not nice and its not appealing and l wish the powers that be would tell her to act like a grown up. I swear she has got worse recently too. The silly woman really is unwatchable! Get her off!!!!!!!

I am glad l missed that show. I was just going to put the 1pm Radley show on but Claire's presenting it! I really cannot abide her silly, screechy little girl voice. It's not nice and its not appealing and l wish the powers that be would tell her to act like a grown up. I swear she has got worse recently too. The silly woman really is unwatchable! Get her off!!!!!!!

Just turned over to have a look, I agree with you. She comes across even more childish, ridiculous and silly when you can see her grey roots, proving she's just a tad to old to act that immature, just my opinion of course. I never watch her, can't stand how she acts.

I wanted to watch the Kim & Co and Radley hours but had to give up. Claire has given me a headache, screeching, silly, showing off! If she was in a shop I would avoid her or not shop there at all. Off to look for the Nurofen.

Pippa's high pitched voice cuts through my ears, she was so bad during an LE hour yesterday, that I had to switch off.

Miceal is another whose voice I can't listen to, nothing to do with his accent, it's the way he talks.

I had to switch Claire off during a fashion hour the other day....that squeaky Little Girl voice and the long-drawn out consonants and exaggerated gestures........"jussst ringggg the Cawlllllll CCCentre"..............(Claire: there's no 'w' in 'call').... do my head in, apart from her dithering over sizes, all of which makes your teeth ache, IMO.

Last edited:
There's a few of the presenters that do silly little voices.... Personally it makes me want to chuck stuff at the telly.

There's a few of the presenters that do silly little voices.... Personally it makes me want to chuck stuff at the telly.

MARV !!! I want to throw my telly out of the window when I catch 2 seconds of her doing silly voices and blinking like a belisha beacon.

There must be experts who can assess anyone in a shopping telly job, or any in making presentations & help them cut out the irritating mannerisms & voice tone.We want personality but not to the point where they become unwatchable.I still think Julia is the best but even I have begun to be aware of how many time she says 'howeeeeever' & even Pippa who I used to like seems to have become manic & high pitched and Ann 'tell you what',Catherine Miss 30 day MBG. Wasn't even Maggie Thatcher taken down a tone or two in the voice stakes?

Come to think of it the majority of presented are very irritating. I think the best one who just seems to be herself and does not need to do silly voices is Cathy Taylor. Silly Claire is on again this morning, l can't watch her. It's really spoiling my viewing.

Kathy is the most natural presenter IMO, even her hesitancy and awkwardness at times doesn't annoy me like the foibles of some of the others.

I think QVC presenters are supposed to be like the Spice Girls, something for everybody.....?
So we have:

Kathy - ex sportswoman (extra points for that!), bit frumpy but no doubt kind-hearted & we trust her implicitly as she wouldn't tell us any fibs, would she....?

Julia - a bit me, me, me but she knows her stuff & has been around forever, she wouldn't tell fibs either would she...? (Well, apart from claiming to be a size small obviously but we all want to be a size smaller than we really are don't we, so that just makes her 'real'!)

Craig - happy, bouncy BFF guy next door, awwww, bless! No fibbies from him surely.....?

Jill F - (Struggling a bit here!) Bit old for aspiring WAGs but even so, lives the high life (apparently!) so just about scrapes through on that! I mean, if it's good enough for Jill & her girlfriends it's surely good enough for us plebs, huh? (No comment on fibbies!)

This is going well........they all have their place, see?

Ok, now we have Claire, with her silly, affected, squeaky baby voice, flicking her dyed yellow hair & twittering on about her Mummy.......err....:mysmilie_506:...err.....:mysmilie_506:.....nope, hit a brick wall with this one!

:mysmilie_845:

And now we are being treated to the wonderful Marv on the Onjenu hour! What have l done to deserve this? All my worse presenters on programmes l wanted to watch.QVC has been unwatchable these last two days!

I think Kathy's voice is one of the best, if not the best on there. She can say silly things sometimes - they all do - but she doesn't simper, screech, talk in a babyspeak voice or do any of the Marv eye-rolling exercises and impressions of someone with hysteria. She's capable of moderating her tone, as appropriate, too, which others can't do. I don't mind Charlie when he talks normally, but I cannot stand his long-drawn-out sentences and slow delivery. I feel I want to put a rocket somewhere to get him to get on with it.
Come to think of it the majority of presented are very irritating. I think the best one who just seems to be herself and does not need to do silly voices is Cathy Taylor. Silly Claire is on again this morning, l can't watch her. It's really spoiling my viewing.

Latest posts

Back