OMG Marv please shut up.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Fuzzyfelt

Registered Shopper
I've just watched part of the LOGO hour and by the end of it I was shouting at the TV! I do wish Marv would stop the stupid voices and comments as it was driving me mad. I find her voice so irritating & usually switch over if she is presenting. Apologies to anyone who likes her. Rant over. šŸ˜”šŸ˜³

I muted her when she came on .she along with the guest of links I just can't bear to hear .

I must be in the minority as I quite like Marv. There are quite a few others who really annoy me for various reasons but I don't have a problem with Marv.

I'm afraid I can't watch her either... the final straw was a Yankee hour - the descriptions she was using to describe the scents were just ridiculous, and she was constantly interrupting the ambassador as she thought of more silly things to say..... and in silly voices too!!

Dreadful

In fact they are all dreadful, when I now say I don't mind someone it is really because they are the best of a very very bad lot, which is no recommendation I can assure you.

I've just watched part of the LOGO hour and by the end of it I was shouting at the TV! I do wish Marv would stop the stupid voices and comments as it was driving me mad. I find her voice so irritating & usually switch over if she is presenting. Apologies to anyone who likes her. Rant over. ����

Totally agree with everything you've said - I don't care what her 'day' job is, but she is not suited to this, and she really puts it on, I wish she would leave. Unfortunately I don't mute her I have to turn to another channel regardless of what is being sold.

I must be in the minority as I quite like Marv. There are quite a few others who really annoy me for various reasons but I don't have a problem with Marv.

Same here, I don't have a problem with her. Give me Marv over Charlie or Chloe any time.

Having had Chuntley and that blonde airhead for 2 hours Marv is starting to look ok.

It is well known I detest Chuntley but do admit that she usually looks pretty good (a muzzle would be a good accessory) but she looks dreadful this evening. Her hair is awful and unless it is our TV her makeup looks grey. She has been raving about that Ā£225 dress all night and has ordered it, well I hate to tell her but it puts a stone on her hips.

AND I do not want to hear that she is learning Welsh every other minute nor asking the model to teach her words.

And when did life become so short that we can't say front row instead of froro.

Grr

And when did life become so short that we can't say front row instead of froro. Grr

Well, as Jill F would nod her little head earnestly & say, 'we're all busy people with busy lives'.......(unless 'we're' juicing/doing Pilates/shopping/applying 6 trillion layers of skincare on our nightly must-look-beautiful routine, in which case 'we' have all the time in the world.......apparently!)!

:mysmilie_17:

Having had Chuntley and that blonde airhead for 2 hours Marv is starting to look ok.

It is well known I detest Chuntley but do admit that she usually looks pretty good (a muzzle would be a good accessory) but she looks dreadful this evening. Her hair is awful and unless it is our TV her makeup looks grey. She has been raving about that Ā£225 dress all night and has ordered it, well I hate to tell her but it puts a stone on her hips.

AND I do not want to hear that she is learning Welsh every other minute nor asking the model to teach her words.

And when did life become so short that we can't say front row instead of froro.

Grr

Agree it does nothing for her at all and looks too big ..the one size fits all isn`t working ..looked better fitted on Ally the model

I saw her in the Onjenu (sp) show. I have to say she looked really lovely in the dress she had on, however, she was pratting on as she usually does. Yak yak yak, roll eyes, silly squeak, silly voice, yak yak yak. Aaaarrgh. Turned off.

She can be good, in fact very good, when she cuts out all the drama.

Off topic - did anyone see that Together show with Charlie Brook and Jenni the guest. OMG, it was getting a bit near the mark with the innuendo and "charged" atmosphere. It was a bit cringey to watch to be honest. Worse than Mr Brook and Michele Hope and that's saying something.

CC

And when did life become so short that we can't say front row instead of froro. Grr

I think all this shortening of language is getting a bit much. I heard Sally Jax (?) on IW say 'welljel' the other day - what the hell was that ? took me an age before I realised (I think) that it meant 'well jealous'. I remember back in the 80's a mate of mine referred to 'Dotty P's' - it clicked that she was talking about 'Dorothy Perkins'. And a friend's niece used to refer to 'Dickie Pickle' - er that one completely flummoxed me - turned out to be her boss.... Richard Branson. Maybe its me just being slow.

I think all this shortening of language is getting a bit much. I heard Sally Jax (?) on IW say 'welljel' the other day - what the hell was that ? took me an age before I realised (I think) that it meant 'well jealous'. I remember back in the 80's a mate of mine referred to 'Dotty P's' - it clicked that she was talking about 'Dorothy Perkins'. And a friend's niece used to refer to 'Dickie Pickle' - er that one completely flummoxed me - turned out to be her boss.... Richard Branson. Maybe its me just being slow.

Word play is one thing (Sly Bacon = Cunningham is one I've heard) but trying to sound current with these contracted expressions is ridiculous given the age ranges who are the biggest consumers of QVC.

Just wait for the sales pitch to be YOLO to clinch why you should buy an item and we'll have gone too far down the current language path (you only live once, for those not aware of this one).

I too, don't like that laugh of hers, she needs to cut that out, together with those rolling eyes gestures.

That short burst of laughter she does makes the woman sound deranged.

Not that I watch her much but when I have seen her I feel embarrassed for her, imho she is not cut out to be a shopping tv presenter, she seem really nervous and unsure of herself...I dare she is very intelligent, but definitely in the wrong job....

I saw her in the Onjenu (sp) show. I have to say she looked really lovely in the dress she had on, however, she was pratting on as she usually does. Yak yak yak, roll eyes, silly squeak, silly voice, yak yak yak. Aaaarrgh. Turned off.

She can be good, in fact very good, when she cuts out all the drama.

Off topic - did anyone see that Together show with Charlie Brook and Jenni the guest. OMG, it was getting a bit near the mark with the innuendo and "charged" atmosphere. It was a bit cringey to watch to be honest. Worse than Mr Brook and Michele Hope and that's saying something.

CC
Yes it's always like that with Jenni and Charlie Brook .She turns into a giggling schoolgirl ....it's quite embarrassing .To give him his due I think its more her than Charlie.

I thought he seemed flattered by it, which considering the apparent egos of Q presenters comes as no surprise (just don't ask them about the colours or sizes of what they're flogging).
Yes it's always like that with Jenni and Charlie Brook .She turns into a giggling schoolgirl ....it's quite embarrassing .To give him his due I think its more her than Charlie.

Latest posts

Back