Nothing for men for 3 days so far

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I look at the "recent items" every day to see if there are any new gadgets/tools/technology etc.

There has been nothing of the slightest interest to men (well, to me, anyway) for the last 3 days.

QVC obviously have no interest in selling to men

I'm like most men, when looking for a power tool or new gadget. I use the internet for price comparison, and order it either to click and collect, or delivered from the supplier. I am not impressed with any "Men" stuff from telly selly. Very simply, I can't ever remember when men had any time given for clothes, or shoes.
Ps - we make up 50% of your audience. Why aren't men catered for in the same way as Women?
Just saying. :mysmilie_502:

It is very true what you say - there is very little for a man to buy unless he's interested in cooking, gardening or skincare. You just have to look at the way they have launched QVC France. That appears to be a channel which has been designed for women only from the start. That can only be from profiling the demographic and shopping patterns of the existing QVC channels... and I would say they must have focused on the European arms more than the US where there still appears to be a decent range of products for men (though I cannot speak to how much prime time is devoted to men's products and how many are relegated to the less busy hours of the day).

Q's main selling points are beauty and fashion so they are going to push those shows as much as they can. i think women generally purchase more stuff.
I think many men are a bit more precise in what they want to buy,I know in my household the males are not interested in male Skincare ,hair care etc they will just use what's available usually purchased by me . In terms of gadgets, tools ,gardening stuff ,they still like going to the various shops/ garden centres ,also will check online for bargains ,it wouldn't occur to them to purchase from shopping telly.

I'm like most men, when looking for a power tool or new gadget. I use the internet for price comparison, and order it either to click and collect, or delivered from the supplier. I am not impressed with any "Men" stuff from telly selly. Very simply, I can't ever remember when men had any time given for clothes, or shoes.
Ps - we make up 50% of your audience. Why aren't men catered for in the same way as Women?
Just saying. :mysmilie_502:

You can't have been watching much recently because if you had seen the monstrous "fashion" items they've been trying to sell there's no way you would be complaining about the lack of men's clothes :mysmilie_15:

OH said exactly the same yesterday evening, he likes to look then compare on the internet. I'd say it's poor planning on Q's part, but what does good planning look like these days? When you get to the point where the presenters don't know the details of what they are flogging, then the rot has well and truly set in, I'd say.
I look at the "recent items" every day to see if there are any new gadgets/tools/technology etc.

There has been nothing of the slightest interest to men (well, to me, anyway) for the last 3 days.

QVC obviously have no interest in selling to men

Last edited:
I dunno strato, I'm a woman and there's been nothing of the slightest interest to me for days either.

Nothing for men?

Well, there's fit looking models parading in their undies in the Slim and Lift hour right NOW!

Debra the model has just been asked to 'show us your thighs' - if that doesn't get you going what will :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13:?

I'm not interested in buying any clothes from selly telly, in fact, I don't buy many clothes at all.

I used to see lots of NEW gadgets, technology, tools etc on Q. If I wanted them, more often than not I would buy them elsewhere, but sometimes on Q if they had a good deal.

In reply to TW, yes, I sometimes see good camel toe on Q, but I would gladly trade this in for lots more gadgety things.

I agree there wasn't anything for women either.I didnt buy anything only moaned about the horrible fashion.But I do think women impulse buy more and Q know this .I have bought tat and unwearable clothes on impulse in the past but thankfully no more .

My Husband has just furrowed to the back of his wardrobe and found his charcoal grey Aran sweater bought from Q some years ago. Does anyone remember when they last sold them as it's still in excellent condition.

My Husband has just furrowed to the back of his wardrobe and found his charcoal grey Aran sweater bought from Q some years ago. Does anyone remember when they last sold them as it's still in excellent condition.

It would still be in excellent condition hidden in the back of the wardrobe.

I hope he didn't discover your stash of secret QVC purchases when he was furrowing around.

qvc used to sell a lot more stuff for men in the early years. they sold tools and diy on a sunday and great gardening products. it has gone quite stale

They sold loads of collectibles (not just bought by men I suppose): Marvel and DC Comics and plenty of Star Wars and Pokemon stuff. They sold large shiny model cars and dodgy replicas of Elvis' watch!

I can't imagine why sales dropped off? :mysmilie_19:

What QVC was in its early days and what it is now are very different beasts.

Of course it was always about making money... but the more diverse range of products meant it was interesting... always something new to find out about.

One of the things with all the selly telly these days is the repetitive faces, repetitive products, repetitive spiel.

There is less and less to differentiate them for the paid "advertorial" which fills the broadcasting hours on some of the digital channels when they themselves don't have any programming on.

They should realise that the reason they need to constantly search for new customers is that the existing customers have become jaded. Don't "jump to the phones", don't rush to "get yours now"... the same brand will be selling the same things next week or the week after. You learn to wait until you have money in the bank, and even then, you do comparisons (thanks to all the tips on here). You don't automatically believe the "exclusivity" claims, and find the same products for similar money or less elsewhere.

If they had more genuine bargains, and brands appearances weren't so monotonously regular, then they might find their audiences for TSVs were as big as they used to be. We would jump on the chances, when they came along, to stock up on favourite brands at fantastic prices.

It would be a good idea if they did make more time for men's products - they might surprise themselves if they had regular slots for products more of interest to men. I'm sure they will point to the phone, computer, sound (Bose, mainly) and TV offerings, and some of the garden stuff... but the DIY seems to only come on for anniversaries, and some of the stuff is a bit of a stretch to call it DIY.

Latest posts

Back