Lulu

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I take it you will all be clearing your diaries tonight, so that you can sit comfortably and relish an HOUR AND A HALF of Lulu talking about herself (no change there) on BBC4 at 10.00 pm. Just thought you'd like to know - wouldn't want you to miss it !!!!! :mysmilie_13:

Why not? She's told every other journo - I think it's been in every newspaper, possibly including "Beekeepers' Weekly". But she doesn't need the publicity, you understand...
I wonder if she will mention David Bowie was her lover back in the day.

You may have missed Chuntley, on the Diamonique hour this morning, wittering on about Lulu's full name.....one priceless nugget from Chuntley was: "I've never heard anyone mention her last name.....perhaps she hasn't got a surname". Inane remarks about Lulu "oh she's so lovely" then carried on while someone told her Lulu's real name and she struggled to pronounce it (had to repeat it several times) We then had 10 mins of her apologising for her stained mitts, as she's not washed off the self-tanner, just wiped her hands (as you do, if you are coming on air). Then we have "oh I'm so accident-prone" as she fouls up yet another earring fixing or jewellery clasp. Doh....is this woman for real? Eating my lunchtime sandwich has never been so interesting (not). Ok, light chat is one thing, but behaving as though you are a complete airhead when you are her age is embarrassing - and we still don't know Lulu's actual real name.
I wonder if she will mention David Bowie was her lover back in the day.

I like Catherine. Continually apologising for being stupid is a classic sign of someone who's been subjected to heavy long-term criticism. The constant changing of hair style and hair colour at her age is also a sign of someone having been convinced that they're not good enough as they are. I believe she is majorly lacking in self-confidence, and whatever has caused that cannot have been pleasant.

and we still don't know Lulu's actual real name. ......

TAKE YOUR PICK................. Marie McDonald McLaughlin Lawrie
Lulu Kennedy-Cairns,

nothing ordinary you understand, like Marie Watkins. Where the 'Kennedy-Cairns' came from is anyone's guess - couldn't be bothered to read her biography, unless Frieda is just a hairdressing name, and its John K-C.

I am at home today. I avoid Chuntley like the plague as I detest her but I was interested because it was jewellery and was waiting for a phone call so it seemed an easy option as I couldn't go and to anything constructive.

By the end of it I was smoking from the ears. What a prat.

I'm sorry but I just cannot agree with anyone who thinks that she has confidence/self belief problems. She is sooo in luvvvvv with herself and all that silly little me, I'm just a poor 'ittle girl act is so calculated. If she had brains she would be dangerous but as she is a thick as a plank we don't have to worry.

Poor Chuntley, it was too much for her to cope with this morning. Lulu's surname seems to be different depending on which publication she appears in (i.e. those who haven't run a feature yet mentioning that DB was once her lover). Who knows, and does anyone care, for that matter? Chuntley was making such a hash of trying to get her head round the surname she quickly added how much she likes and admires her - very diplomatic, Chuntley, full marks for that.
and we still don't know Lulu's actual real name. ......

TAKE YOUR PICK................. Marie McDonald McLaughlin Lawrie
Lulu Kennedy-Cairns,

nothing ordinary you understand, like Marie Watkins. Where the 'Kennedy-Cairns' came from is anyone's guess - couldn't be bothered to read her biography, unless Frieda is just a hairdressing name, and its John K-C.

Last edited:
Yes, the brain cell is being shared with several others. And I agree with you - the little girl act is totally put on, she knows exactly what she's doing, telling us how 'zany' she is. She comes across as so fake.
I am at home today. I avoid Chuntley like the plague as I detest her but I was interested because it was jewellery and was waiting for a phone call so it seemed an easy option as I couldn't go and to anything constructive.

By the end of it I was smoking from the ears. What a prat.

I'm sorry but I just cannot agree with anyone who thinks that she has confidence/self belief problems. She is sooo in luvvvvv with herself and all that silly little me, I'm just a poor 'ittle girl act is so calculated. If she had brains she would be dangerous but as she is a thick as a plank we don't have to worry.

Checked her out on Wikipedia

Background information
Birth name Marie McDonald McLaughlin Lawrie
Also known as Lulu Kennedy-Cairns
Born 3 November 1948 (age 67)
Lennoxtown, East Dunbartonshire, Scotland
Origin Glasgow, Scotland
Genres Pop, pop rock, blue-eyed soul
Occupation(s) Singer, songwriter, actress, television personality, businesswoman
Instruments Vocals
Years active 1964–present
Labels Decca, Atco, Music for Pleasure, Mercury
Associated acts The Luvvers. David Bowie

2000s

Now known as Lulu Kennedy-Cairns (her late mother's birth name before she was adopted by the McDonald family), in 2000 she was awarded an OBE by Queen Elizabeth.

There are two references cited for this, both in her memoir I Don't Want To Fight.

Last edited:
Thanks, may, you've jogged my memory. I recall her being interviewed on TV years ago, and saying this song ("I Don't Want To Fight") was from the heart, as at the time her marriage to John Frieda was breaking up (or had already broken up, can't remember which). I have to say that I thought she sang the song really well (also like her singing "To Sir, With Love" from the 1960's film of same name).
Checked her out on Wikipedia

Background information
Birth name Marie McDonald McLaughlin Lawrie
Also known as Lulu Kennedy-Cairns
Born 3 November 1948 (age 67)
Lennoxtown, East Dunbartonshire, Scotland
Origin Glasgow, Scotland
Genres Pop, pop rock, blue-eyed soul
Occupation(s) Singer, songwriter, actress, television personality, businesswoman
Instruments Vocals
Years active 1964–present
Labels Decca, Atco, Music for Pleasure, Mercury
Associated acts The Luvvers. David Bowie

There are two references cited for this, both in her memoir I Don't Want To Fight.

Thanks, may, you've jogged my memory. I recall her being interviewed on TV years ago, and saying this song ("I Don't Want To Fight") was from the heart, as at the time her marriage to John Frieda was breaking up (or had already broken up, can't remember which). I have to say that I thought she sang the song really well (also like her singing "To Sir, With Love" from the 1960's film of same name).

There were some high spots in her musical career, but her more recent efforts have not set the world alight... I wonder, if she'd been a man if it would have been the same story?

Latest posts

Back