Nina Leonard TSV 22/03/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I didn't think her range did that well before?

Mind you I have really gone off her since she became a Q stylist and became a yes woman spouting the party line.

I didn't think her range did that well before?

Mind you I have really gone off her since she became a Q stylist and became a yes woman spouting the party line.

I think she has more credibility than most of the rest, although that's not saying much. I do however find her far more interesting to listen to than the nice but blander than beige Carla, and a number of other stylists whose only qualification seems to be an ability to recite the same small number of cliches about every single item they are flogging. Most of them do this while knowing absolutely nothing about cut, fabric, measurements etc. Lesley is well-informed, funny on occasion, and can string proper sentences together rather than oohing and ahhing about things in an utterly useless way. Even if I don't agree with what she's saying, she does actually explain why she thinks a garment works well.

I think she has more credibility than most of the rest, although that's not saying much. I do however find her far more interesting to listen to than the nice but blander than beige Carla, and a number of other stylists whose only qualification seems to be an ability to recite the same small number of cliches about every single item they are flogging. Most of them do this while knowing absolutely nothing about cut, fabric, measurements etc. Lesley is well-informed, funny on occasion, and can string proper sentences together rather than oohing and ahhing about things in an utterly useless way. Even if I don't agree with what she's saying, she does actually explain why she thinks a garment works well.

I think why I am annoyed is that she used to be like that but had a run when she was on every single fashion brand and ended up talking Q tosh and stopped with the facts.

I think why I am annoyed is that she used to be like that but had a run when she was on every single fashion brand and ended up talking Q tosh and stopped with the facts.

She was on with Kathy Tayler this week doing Marla Wynne and it was a really enjoyable hour to watch. Cathy looked a bit of a disaster with a sort of waistcoat thing over her trousers and top (would have looked great otherwise)... but the two were getting on really well and not talking a load of extraneous drivel like some presenters do. Any stories were relevant to the brand and clothes, as well as Marla anecdotes.

The price will be interesting as this style was all over the DHS last year, and I see some again this year, so we can do a direct price comparison.

I don't think these look too bad, not for me though as I think my legs are too chunky and not long enough to carry them off, but I have seen a lot worse on Q, makes a change from the tunic tops/shark bite hems, we usually get

I can't get into the printed trouser look.I know its a popular look at the moment but I can't take the plunge .Maybe I will see what these are like live.

They look a bit wide legged for me but will see what they look like on the day.. They are a bit like the Next £22 ones they have in loads of patterns.

They look a bit wide legged for me but will see what they look like on the day.. They are a bit like the Next £22 ones they have in loads of patterns.

Exactly! I'll bet it will be nothing near that. The postage will be nearly five pounds before we even start.

I bought some fabulous viscose ones from Sainsbury's last year. They were £12 on an offer. So I thought I would huge them a try. They're on a navy background and a very subtle patchwork print in multiple tonal colours. I absolutely loved them. Went with everything and anything. Washed like a dream.

I noticed some much brighter ones in Sainsbury's earlier this week. If they're the same quality then I think they would be a great holiday purchase.

As we've already said though, they're all over the high street.

If you look at any videos of Julia on the 4pm show she is wearing the TSV (a day early)

The trousers are ok but they do not go with the top she is wearing.

Latest posts

Back