Yankee Candles candles are much better than the melts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
I had a candle that had tunnelled and eventually had no wick left, so I put it on the radiator to soften and then cut the wax into pieces. I have been putting the pieces into my electric tart melter. The smell is much stronger than the tarts and lasts so much longer.
I think I will be buying candles in the future and then cutting out bits and putting them in the burner. Much better value. The downside is as the melts are smaller you get more variety

Would the tea lights work? they are more the size of a tart. I agree, the tarts don't seem to be as good as they once were or do you think we just get too used to them so don't notice their scent as much?

I stopped buying the large jar candles when I found all the newer scents had hardly any scent and stuck to tarts/melts, but have recently bought some of the 2016 scents in the melts and some of them gave very little smell at all, this has put me off Yankee altogether, the smaller Glade melts are better,

i still love melts but you should not try to keep them forever as they lose scent after a year or so

Latest posts

Back