Catherine H & her 'Welshness'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
Watching Catherine H presenting the Clogau hour she is gushing about her love of Wales, learning the Welsh language & working with Clogau and the development of designs.She also mentioned she had 'fallen in love' with a Welshman & it was known she a while ago she had a Welsh boyfriend.Has this moved forward? Hope Catherine has found happiness in the Welsh hills!

i always thought she was married to him and he was the father of her kids and they separated a little while ago? I could be making all this up though as when she starts to gush about Wales i mute. I live there, she doesn't need to keep telling me how amazing it is haha

I just wish she would shut about it - I'm not interested. Imagine if the woman in Tesco started to go over all that. C dear, you are on selly telly, get over yourself you're not Catherine ZetaJones who has as little talent as yourself but she married into Hollywood.

My recollection is that her long term partner, not married, was in some way connected to Wales. Once he went AWOL I thought she had dropped it certainly for a while, but now it seems to be back with a vengeance

I'm loving her new hair colour - really suits her. She also looks great without a fringe. I've not listened to her past her introduction to the show in Welsh - I then put the telly on mute :mysmilie_8:

Dear Lord that was 140 hairstyles, 37 different colours, and 9 diet plans ago ! Oh, and I think his name was Steve - as that's the only chap's name she's ever mentioned, so we're hardly likely to forget it.

Oh it's all a ploy for QVC to flog more Clog-Eye gold. Hey peeps, fancy a ring with a microscopic fleck of metal from the Valleys? Only £600! They are romanticizing the idea of "rare Welsh gold" and turning it into a cash cow. It really annoys me! Gold is gold is gold, WHEREVER it's from! Au is a METALLIC ELEMENT. It's all the same! I don't care if royalty favour this gold, I'm really not interested in that lot. They are nothing to aspire to. Why don't you all just buy a cheap titanium ring from Argos and romanticize it yourselves? That'd save a few quid! I can't afford Clog-Eye gold anyway, as my second vehicle has swallowed all my money! Still, would rather have my Daihatsu Copen than a boring ring and Cath Huntley waxing lyrical like a box of molten Thorntons chocs!

I'm still confused as to what part of the jewellery is meant to be Clog Eye - the guest and presenter seem to skirt around that bit of info. Is it the rose gold design in total, or just a speck within the yellow gold ? This company has been going for years, so how is there any gold left in Wales? I read somewhere that the mines were extinct, and that there is only a nugget of pure welsh gold which is used for the royal wedding rings; so what pup are we being sold for Clog Eye ?

I think they just waft a gold miner's underpants over a vat of molten gold these days.

BTW Catherine is working on a Welsh fashion range...hang on I've seen a picture somewhere

Here it is:

Attachments

• welsh doll.jpg
    welsh doll.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 136
For Clougu she would need to be totally in love with China, that is where its made now, with a microbe size speck of Welsh gold added.

The Welsh one is not the father of her now grown up children. From her waffle she was with him only a few years at most, and he was within the last few years. There was an engagement ring if I remember at one point? He no doubt ran for the hills or valleys after her constant warnings of going on the Welsh high street and all its dangers.
The new hairstyle for some reason reminded me of the 70s, sort of sleek mullet thing. Actually brought my childhood back with the dark hair less good looking for from Charlie's Angels. There was Farrah, Jacklyn and the dark haired other one(CHuntley's hair is the last one)..

Catherine sweetie, unless you where born there or have family going back born there, mum,dad or grandparents. You are and never will be Welsh just a wanna be.

There is a fine line between liking and gushing and I think she may have just stepped over into 'gushing' territory. I hope she does find happiness though as she does come across as genuine, as I don't honestly feel she is a good enough actress to 'fake it'.

I still think CH is harmless, and will be fine when she grows up and act her age....Last time I saw her she had dark copper colour hair... which imo aged her by five / ten years.

I don't remember the cowboy, but remember 'rocker Nigel' who she was smitten by at the time.

Chuntley was unbearable last night with her constant simperings on all things Welsh! I wish she would go and live there then we wouldn't have to listen to her twittering on about the sodding place. I found her attempts at talking in Welsh and her fake pronunciations totally embarrassing. I wish the silly fool would get over herself and just realise how daft she comes across.

I understood from what I've read on here and on the internet that it's just a speck somewhere in the yellow gold. How do you define a "speck" or, as they say, 'a touch of Welsh gold'? It's like a recipe that says "put in a smattering of.....(whatever)". I read (and this could be wrong) that the nugget of gold, part of which has been used in the past for royal wedding rings, is a separate nugget that was presented to the royals and that will be used until it runs out..so presumably the jewellery they sell to the peasants contains a 'smidgen' of whatever is/was left in the mine after the royal nugget was dug out. It seems to be the Tanzanite thingy all over again, where people are told that it's running out, when in reality that could be rather an exaggeration.
I'm still confused as to what part of the jewellery is meant to be Clog Eye - the guest and presenter seem to skirt around that bit of info. Is it the rose gold design in total, or just a speck within the yellow gold ? This company has been going for years, so how is there any gold left in Wales? I read somewhere that the mines were extinct, and that there is only a nugget of pure welsh gold which is used for the royal wedding rings; so what pup are we being sold for Clog Eye ?

They have to be very careful how they characterise the claims with Welsh gold. Made of, made from, made with... touch of... As long as there is even the tiniest percentage of the gold in their items which is Welsh, they can say it... as long as they don't use wording which has a strict legal interpretation that the all of or the majority of the content is Welsh gold.

For goodness SAKE. What is so special about "Welsh gold?" Has it been imbued with some magical properties, or is it just the same as gold from any other part of the world - because is is the metallic element: "Au?"

Latest posts

Back