Derek is back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
Don't know whether anyone is going to have any carence about this but I was just watching QVC this morning and had a quick viewing of the TSV. Ann Dorrington did not seem very comfortable presenting the item (and in all honesty I don't really think she was the best person to present the item, she is usually good and enthusisatic with the items she presents but with this she just felt a little 'off kelter' (maybe it was the severe cold so it stemmed the flow with regards to the demonstrations)), no there were showing a bit of footage and low and behold who was on there IW Derek who has been on their for 14 years and 'retired' last August. Strange how a few months later he is back (albeit in a roundabout way) on 'selly telly' again. Wonder how long it will be before he is on TV (hope he isn't as there was something about him that made me genuinely cringe in a bad way).
So we now have beauty and gardening brands coming over from IW is this a sign of things to come!

You beat me to it i was just about to post the same it looks as though old Belchers son has done a deal with qvc dont think Derek he will come out of retirement though cant stand Ann Dorrington myself and could not resist a chuckle when she could not get the TSV to start because the weather was cold allegedly

Actually this has been happening for years, QVC poaching IW products etc, mind you IW should be happy about that, they say imitation is the biggest form of flattery. Mind you QVC will have a long way to go to catch IW up, IW have cheap postage, great products at great prices, fast refunds and delivery with great customer care, yep, long way for QVC to go.

The video they shown, I think that was actually shot at IW, so they are advertising there competitor.

Supercoolwillow said soon QVC have Karcher Window Vacs coming up and another brand of Multi Tool what IW, used to sell.

I notice Allan Ennis, has gone back to IW, but he would have been perfect for the Brand Ambassdor for Handy on QVC, as he was always second in command on IW whenever Derek couldn't make it.

I remember Joanne on IW saying once "here at Ideal World if it doesn't sell, we let it go and bring something better in" that's true they do, so maybe QVC are picking up the slack because I've noticed whatever QVC sell, their die hard customers will buy, regardless of the fact it's cheaper elsewhere.

It's always been a two-way street between IW and QVC: in the opposite direction Q dumped YBF, Ariane Poole, Stylees, Scarflace etc and only Moira is still trading on IW. QVC more recently poached M.Asam, Taya and Prai which seem to be selling well enough for Q to keep them on.

QVC's failure is favouring US brands over UK ones; but I suspect they surf on the back of the QVC US economies of scale and make a bigger margin on them.

The second coming of Ariane will be short-lived I suspect because Q are only stocking a couple of items from her range; a far-cry from her first time on Q with TSVs and regular dedicated shows.

Derek's company probably supplied the same demo film clip to IW and now Q...maybe there isn't a patch of scrub left untrimmed in the Peterborough area so they had to move to Chiswick? :mysmilie_13:

I could be wrong but I really don't think QVC will ever want to be compared to IW. Imo the only thing IW have going for it is reasonable p&p. As for the awful Derek he was like qvc's RJ ...he lived on IW most of the year. I can't stand either of them.

I could be wrong but I really don't think QVC will ever want to be compared to IW. Imo the only thing IW have going for it is reasonable p&p. As for the awful Derek he was like qvc's RJ ...he lived on IW most of the year. I can't stand either of them.

You could've fooled me, they sell items that were on IW, they made their website more like IW, now they've got presenters that were on IW, so for a company that aren't trying to be like another, they're failing miserably I have to disagree, the make up and skin care is better on IW and so is the customer service, which is exceptional so is their auto delivery which you can order anytime not just on the day, I'm not trying to convince I'm just saying as an ex twenty year customer of QVC who jumped ship to IW two years ago (but have been a member since day one) I've never looked back and no complaints, I get my inexpensive delivery fast and any problems get sorted quick too, but anyway each to their own we can't all like the same thing.

The difference in markets between Q and IW was laid bare at a point last week, where on the Q we had Yong Kim selling some modal tunic for £95 + P&P whereas at the same time IW had some Bonmarché top for £15.99. Totally different target audience, which is why they can co-exist so happily. I'm surprised, though, that old Derek's gone over to the Q - I always thought he was a bit too 'local' for the Q's target demographic. IW can keep Alan Ennis - I find him totally in love with himself for no discernible reason.

I have to stand up for IW especially there Create and Craft channels, the other week we were ordering some stuff, and our internet went down, within 1 minute we had a phone call, asking they could tell we were having problems, and could they help us.

Saying that it was an order my dad done, which nearly came to 1.5 grand, so maybe they decided they couldn't turn the order down

I wonder how much easier IW have been making the decision for brands to jump ship by the ex-Bid presenters and guests? What I don't know is how many behind-the-scenes ex-Bid people are now living a second/third/fourth... you get the idea :mysmilie_46: life in selly telly as well as the "front of house" people we know and decry?

I watch a lot of Create and Craft, and it seems a lot of IW presenters, who were off any good now present mainly on Create and Craft.

Thinking of Dave Bradford, Dean Wilson and Andy Love

I really didn't like Andy Love, but now he's a fond memory... it makes you cringe with horror for who has replaced them on IW.

I used to think QVC was the best but over the last year speaking for myself IW particularly in postage and delivery has far outshone QVC for example i recently ordered two bags of RJs compost for an elderly neighbour it took 7days to arrive the two bags where tied together with blue tape and one bag burst in contrast i ordered two bags of compost from IW received 3days later each bag was in a heavy canvas bag tie wrapped at the top first class packaging so for me IW is better than QVC imho.

Yep, agree that IW are becoming a force to be reckoned with. Bought the same dress in 3 different colours in their Pick of the Day at £19.99 each - with only ONE p & p. - quell surprise, they arrived 2 days later, - the frocks are great, well made, flattering and knock the sock off some of Q's offerings. I'm even tempted to buy 2 more of the same dress in the remaining colours - and I've NEVER done that before !!!!

I bought six pair of trouser from IW, guess what the p&p was to send six? £1.......yes £1 the whole total was £35, with the 20% off and oh my word! they're great! So I ordered some more and three dresses for summer, came to £29 inc p&p, great quality too.

I have to stand up for IW especially there Create and Craft channels, the other week we were ordering some stuff, and our internet went down, within 1 minute we had a phone call, asking they could tell we were having problems, and could they help us.

Saying that it was an order my dad done, which nearly came to 1.5 grand, so maybe they decided they couldn't turn the order down

They rang me when I was having trouble to place an order from IW, it was a whopping £21.99.

Juicing for me is a no no... Just can't tolerate the consistency for some reason ... I envy people with good constitutions.
When diet mags give juicing info they should say ...don't try these recipies until the weekend ... Just eating fruit in its who,e form is the only method for me ...nuisance really ...would love to jog down the road with a juiced drink in my hand and feeling smug lol

I used to think QVC was the best but over the last year speaking for myself IW particularly in postage and delivery has far outshone QVC for example i recently ordered two bags of RJs compost for an elderly neighbour it took 7days to arrive the two bags where tied together with blue tape and one bag burst in contrast i ordered two bags of compost from IW received 3days later each bag was in a heavy canvas bag tie wrapped at the top first class packaging so for me IW is better than QVC imho.

Don't forget QVC p&p would have been 1 full and the half price Postage and IW would have been 1 p&p for multiple bags.

Latest posts

Back