Lola Rose Unbelievable Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

catseye

Registered Shopper
Just saw a ring from Lola Rose made of base metal ans selling for an unbelievable £72 yes £72. Well Nicki must be laughing her head off as they are limited stock. My word some people really are gullible. I think it is a complete rip off and they have a ****** cheek. Shocking.

Oh I was hoping it was going to be a thread about an unbelievably cheap bit of LR. #disappointed,

her lovely rings used to be all silver nice and chunky. they did cost a lot but worth it. i dont like the fact she has cheapened the brand with cheap base metal beads

I just don't get Lola Rose: when I've seen an hour I've always thought the stuff is over-priced for what it is, even though I quite like some of the styles. Got to say, though, that I've seen much nicer pieces on both Gems & TJC, similar styles but with real silver clasps and findings. Just a take-on and you've confirmed it - paying £72 for a piece of jewellery made of base metal is crazy, IMO! Still, if they have people willing to pay it, you can't blame them for trying, can you?
Just saw a ring from Lola Rose made of base metal ans selling for an unbelievable £72 yes £72. Well Nicki must be laughing her head off as they are limited stock. My word some people really are gullible. I think it is a complete rip off and they have a ****** cheek. Shocking.

the spacer beads are like a disease, spreading everywhere in the range. It's not a mark of quality, sorry. Now what is the Q in QVC supposed to stand for??

her lovely rings used to be all silver nice and chunky. they did cost a lot but worth it. i dont like the fact she has cheapened the brand with cheap base metal beads

It's the usual story: a brand which starts off all about design and quality gets greedier and greedier and starts cutting corners to increase profits until it's the same old tat as the rest. So short sighted.

I just don't get Lola Rose: when I've seen an hour I've always thought the stuff is over-priced for what it is, even though I quite like some of the styles. Got to say, though, that I've seen much nicer pieces on both Gems & TJC, similar styles but with real silver clasps and findings. Just a take-on and you've confirmed it - paying £72 for a piece of jewellery made of base metal is crazy, IMO! Still, if they have people willing to pay it, you can't blame them for trying, can you?

You can buy practically the same items with semi precious stones from most craft markets for a fraction of the price. Just paying for the name, which apart from QVC viewers, not many have heard of anyway.

I am a lover of all things Lola Rose. The quality is worth every penny. The stones are natural and semi precious. I have yet to find a similar quality anywhere else and I have tried. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I will continue to enjoy purchasing Lola Rose as long as they continue. I tried a Labrodorite bracelet once from Gems Tv but it was such poor quality compared with my Lola Rose. I'd rather pay the extra for a quality item, I have never been disappointed yet with any of the Lola Rose pieces I have. I like the fact it is a British based company, it's not widely available and the designs are original. It's about the only thing I buy from QVC these days. If Nikki stops selling it on QVC I'll probably stop watching altogether.

I am a lover of all things Lola Rose. The quality is worth every penny. The stones are natural and semi precious. I have yet to find a similar quality anywhere else and I have tried. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I will continue to enjoy purchasing Lola Rose as long as they continue. I tried a Labrodorite bracelet once from Gems Tv but it was such poor quality compared with my Lola Rose. I'd rather pay the extra for a quality item, I have never been disappointed yet with any of the Lola Rose pieces I have. I like the fact it is a British based company, it's not widely available and the designs are original. It's about the only thing I buy from QVC these days. If Nikki stops selling it on QVC I'll probably stop watching altogether.

Have you bought any of the newer pieces with the metallic spacers between the stones? If you do, how do you find them compared to the ones with the stones and the knots between the stones?
We're all different and like different things, and how dull it would be if that wasn't the case. Others don't have to agree, and if you get pleasure out of owning and wearing your Lola Rose pieces, that's the main thing. It's always nice to have things that lift your spirits and put a smile on your face in life :happy:

i am an avid fan of lola rose knew about it way before qvc sold it. but i dont buy now as i dont like the fact she uses base metal in the designs. its not special anymore. i still wear my lola rose everyday a tiny bracelet with the chinese cord pulls.

may, I couldn't agree more. We are all different and thank goodness for that. The only criteria is if you really like the item. I wouldn't buy them, as although I like some of the designs I've seen, I don't like them enough to overlook the price.
Have you bought any of the newer pieces with the metallic spacers between the stones? If you do, how do you find them compared to the ones with the stones and the knots between the stones?
We're all different and like different things, and how dull it would be if that wasn't the case. Others don't have to agree, and if you get pleasure out of owning and wearing your Lola Rose pieces, that's the main thing. It's always nice to have things that lift your spirits and put a smile on your face in life :happy:

Hi maymorganlondon, yes I have bought bracelets with the metal beads in them but the majority of my purchases are the larger tumble beads, earrings and rings. I adore all my purchases and wear a couple of bracelets every day and on special occasions the larger necklaces and rings. The metal beads have kept their shine and look as good as the day I bought them. I love the variety of stones and colours, they always add to an outfit without looking over the top. I love the casual elegance of them. I'm sad everyone thinks the quality is not as it was, I still love the range and diversity. I have no problem with it at all. Out of all my jewellery I get the most wear out of my Lola Rose.

i tarnish metal fast. so steer away from these base metal beads. if they tarnish it would ruin an otherwise lovely bracelet

i tarnish metal fast. so steer away from these base metal beads. if they tarnish it would ruin an otherwise lovely bracelet
Me too Boffy. I bought a cheap gold coloured metal necklace with a magnifying glass thing. The gold colour wore off within a day where it had touched my skin! I've been told I am allergic to nickel

We all have unique skin chemistry. Some more acid than others... it's why a perfume can smell wonderful on one person and absolutely vile on another's... it's why some can wear different metal jewellery and others can only wear gold... same goes for skincare performance. There is no "one size fits all / one type suits all". There will undoubtedly be things which are generally good and other things which are generally bad. We all have to use our own judgement, then its our prerogative to buy or not buy the products on offer.

Personally my skin is very reactive to metal. Thanks to Honora, I no longer wear earrings. I can't tell the time, but when I used to attempt to, my watches were a source of torment. Contact dermatitis from the watch back and from the leather strap (natural isn't always best).

Worth remembering that base metal will last better on a bracelet than it will on a ring or a necklace. Base metal ... well all metals really, even gold plate ... wears more when it is worn on fabric than on skin. Skin is less abrasive.

Also worth remembering QVC have a one year guarantee on all jewellery so if your Lola Rose pieces go manky you can get your money back.

If you look on the LR website, there are plenty of styles that don't have metal spacer beads.

I love my LR too. I don't agree the quality has gone down and I have one of the first Alfie bracelets that she ever did. To me its fun, casual jewellery. I love the diversity of the stones. I have recently bought a few of the more translucent stones like smoky obsidian, spider agate, rock crystal, citrine. I think those are more dressy.

I wish I knew where people bought pieces that are similar, cheaper and better/the same quality, cos I'm devilled if I've ever found any.

Personally my skin is very reactive to metal. Thanks to Honora, I no longer wear earrings. I can't tell the time, but when I used to attempt to, my watches were a source of torment. Contact dermatitis from the watch back and from the leather strap (natural isn't always best).

I have a terrible reaction to base metals, brings me out in hives so have to buy any jewellery without. Funnily enough I can't wear earrings, the last time I tried to wear Honora earrings, I was itching within seconds. Lola Rose a have a small collection, my best bargain is faceted rose quartz necklace with a base metal heart which rests on my cloths so away from skin-£20 off Amazon, I won't pay much more than what I think its worth.

Latest posts

Back