Introductory Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
Hello,

I was wondering whether someone could explain a 'quirk' for me. As today is a '4 pay day' for most of skechers trainers (I must say I do like the brand) I decided to have a browse to see what was on offer. I came across a pair that I thought about purchasing but then I came across something weird. The price was an introductury price of £40.92 but on the VT playback (with regards to a prior presentation of the item), the same trainer was again on introductury price but at £38.22 on 3 pay. Now I know in the past Q have altered the price slightly to fit in with the number of easy pays, but I have never known it being altered by around £2 could someone explain the 'quirk' for me?

Item number was 143434

I wonder be interested to hear the explanation

Back in the day QVC was more assiduous at ensuring the price shown on the VT was the same as the price shown on the web page. These days they don't seem to bother much about the accuracy or usefulness of the website, which I find staggering.

Their introductory prices are bizarre anyway, and often just seem to be a sales ploy to put you under pressure to buy buy buy...!

If the price has changed and is higher than a previous introductory price, they should call it something else.

So my explanation, for what it's worth, is sheer sloppiness on the part of the web team.

Yes and especially when you consider that as they have reduced the number of contact centre workers and are constantly 'encouraging' us to use the website, it just makes this sheer lunacy even more absurd.

When they revamped the website a couple of years ago they started uploading clips regardless of the price fluctuations. What I've never understood is, why can't they record a version of the on air presentations with out the "L" (the item number, info and price info)?

When they revamped the website a couple of years ago they started uploading clips regardless of the price fluctuations. What I've never understood is, why can't they record a version of the on air presentations with out the "L" (the item number, info and price info)?

They would also have to edit out any mention by the presenter of the price, easy payments or whatever as well. But they seem to have such a "can't be @rsed" attituce to the website these days they probably think that the only thing people go on there for is to stick in an item number and click "buy".

I think they are the only company I use with a website where the website offering has got worse over time.

Yes but it is people like you (and I mean absolutely no offence by this) that in Q's eyes accept this shoddiness and lack of attention to detail meaning that they can 'get away with it' as they have many 'loyal fan's' who will use the site no matter what!

Latest posts

Back