KitchenAid TSV 27/3/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I never had Ian down as an avid baker! :mysmilie_46:

I like chocolate, but any combo of coffee/date/walnut is good because I'm the only one in the family who likes these! :mysmilie_5:

Marks do this brand now and if you use their charge card it will go against your quarterly money vouchers. Not sure how their prices compare though.

Every time I see a lovely shiny one on the shelf I am tempted but I stopped baking as with only 1 of us having a sweet tooth Mr L's waistline was expanding at an alarming rate. Now I just buy a small treat at the weekend.

Coconut and almonds are the only thing which tempt me. Savoury, now that is a whole different ball game!

Last time the classic mixer was on the Q I checked the price on QVC America on on there it was 40% cheaper.

The product is made in the US so it's no surprise.

All commercial imports from outside the EU are subject to duty (variable rates) plus 20% VAT at the point of import. VAT is the last tax and is calculated on the value, plus the freight, plus the duty.

Also, the prices shown on the US website are subject to additional purchase/ use tax once you hit 'buy'. The rate of tax varies depending on the State the goods are shipped to.

So, the differences seem pretty fair to me.

I could be wrong but personally I've never seen a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer (Classic, not Artisan) offer on QVC that was anything other than very, very expensive.

They just seem to pull the 'added value and maximum EasyPay' trick, just like they do with iPads and iPhones :mysmilie_59:

I could be wrong but personally I've never seen a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer (Classic, not Artisan) offer on QVC that was anything other than very, very expensive.

They just seem to pull the 'added value and maximum EasyPay' trick, just like they do with iPads and iPhones :mysmilie_59:

That's because you're right Wirral, they often fill these "TSVs" with cheap add ons that no one wants or uses, but some people seem to go for it because it's on easy pays.

That's because you're right Wirral, they often fill these "TSVs" with cheap add ons that no one wants or uses, but some people seem to go for it because it's on easy pays.

Indeed, a very expensive Classic Mixer for Artisan Mixer like prices but desirable to many, merely because of the 'interest free' EasyPay.

Same with the iPhone 6, they want an eyewatering £539 and the 'added value' really is muck. But it has EasyPay :mysmilie_59:

I have a Kenwood Chef, so not in the market for one of these monsters, but I can't help thinking all these machines are really ugly! All the attachments look unbalanced to me as the stick out here or there on the machine. I think the food processors which are more compact are better-looking.

KitchenAid K45 Classic Mixer with Food Processor Attachment
Item Number: 805100
QVC Price: £441.00
Today's Special Value Price £363.96
P&P £0.00

Robust, stable and effortless to use, the KitchenAid K45 features a tilted mixer head with a 4L stainless steel bowl, a variety of accessories including three types of mixing attachments, plus a food processor attachment which allows you to slice, dice, shred and julienne your way to wholesome family meals. Whether you're whipping up a feast for friends or cooking with the kids, the KitchenAid mixer is perfect for indulging your creativity in the kitchen.

Take the effort out of cooking - the K45 allows you to mix, knead, whip, whisk and stir so you can create everything from delicious cupcakes and cookies to birthday and wedding cakes, plus savoury dishes such as pizza, bread and scones. It uses original planetary action for fast and thorough mixing and has a large capacity bowl for preparing both small and large quantities of food.

Have it your way - with a slide of the external lever the food processor attachment slices from thick to thin, while manual speed control ensures precise, accurate slicing of soft and hard foods. The double-blade dicing kit delivers neat, bite-sized cubes and the reversible shredding and julienne discs offer a choice of fine or coarse shreds and strips.

Stylish and sturdy - it features a high-gloss white finish, a durable full-metal construction and a smooth design that will look great in any kitchen whilst being easy to clean. The 10-speed power control means you can adjust the mixer to suit you and the direct drive motor makes it as quiet as it is reliable.

Contains:

K45 Mixer
1 x 4L stainless steel bowl
1 x whisk
1 x dough hook
1 x flat beater
1 x instruction book
1 x food processor attachment
1 x reversible shredding/grating disc
1 x adjustable slicing disc
1 x julienne disc
1 x dicing disc and blade
1 x dicing disc cleaner
1 x storage box

Technical specifications:

10-speed power control
Full metal construction
Direct drive motor
Speed: 58RPM - 220RPM
Mains lead: 1.37m (4ft 6")
Measures (h x w x d): 36cm x 22cm x 36.5cm (14.2" x 8.6" x 14.3")
Weight: 13kg

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.805100

The number of times I see on here that people would buy one if it was red, or some other colour.

One of the selling points of Kitchenaid is the range of attractive colours.

But that dinasaur company QVC offers any colour you want, providing it is white, of course.

Latest posts

Back