Price changes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I too ordered this for the cheaper price as a Mother's Day gift for well my mother, obviously (haha)... And was surprised when I went back to it yesterday to discover it had gone up by around £5! I was going to buy a second one for myself but decided against it. Although it's £28 again and on 4 easy pays now.

I've noticed this happen a lot lately, I ordered an honora necklace a few months ago off the website with a QVC price of £20, when it arrived it was so lovely I wanted it in a second colour went back to the web and it had increased to £25, so I left it. When it eventually came on air it was marked up as a QVC price of £30 but at an one time only price of £23!!!

How do they get away with it.

It probably went up a fiver because it was going to air and more people would see it, same with Valentine's Day everything with hearts goes up, Mothers Day everything flowery and things they consider presents for mum goes up and at Christmas all the lights and decorations goes up.........literally. :mysmilie_17:

I've noticed this a lot. Just look at the Alison Young diamonique ring, started out around £45 & has crept up & up to £78 now! I know silver had gone up in price but come on!

I too ordered this for the cheaper price as a Mother's Day gift for well my mother, obviously (haha)... And was surprised when I went back to it yesterday to discover it had gone up by around £5! I was going to buy a second one for myself but decided against it. Although it's £28 again and on 4 easy pays now.

I've noticed this happen a lot lately, I ordered an honora necklace a few months ago off the website with a QVC price of £20, when it arrived it was so lovely I wanted it in a second colour went back to the web and it had increased to £25, so I left it. When it eventually came on air it was marked up as a QVC price of £30 but at an one time only price of £23!!!

How do they get away with it.

Because they're not getting called on it. Unless there is dated VT and screenshot evidence, and they have made a documented (or broadcast) claim about the price the evidence just isn't there to present to any authority which might take a role in policing this.

They also get away with it because they assume (rightly) that the vast majority of customers are not going to notice... either because each time is the one and only time they look at a product, or because they become so swept up in the moment and just buy.

More and more I think those of us posting on the forum are not typical of QVC customers, but rather are atypical. My motives for being on here have moved on from finding out about what's coming up to finding ways to curb my QVC habit. I don't believe I'm alone in that. I want to be a discerning shopper when I buy from QVC - having researched the products I genuinely need to buy and arriving at QVC as the best price for my needs (either 30mbg if the purchase is experimental, or easy pays if I'm a little cash-challenged at the point of purchase). I'm certainly a more critical viewer than I was, and so far have weathered several waves of temptation successfully this year. Only 10 months to go!!!

Q would argue that they're no different to say M&S, a shop that runs short term price offers and the price goes up at the end of that. They've always fiddled with their pricing to make it easily divisible for easy pays, which what probably happened for this jacket when they realised they were keeping the Leap Year easypays running on the website for a while longer.

That said my current favourite item on QVC clearance is this: free postage but the Last Clicks price is more than the QVC one, and it's been like that for a couple of weeks now!

When you see price reductions in shops and on TV adverts, there is always some bit of small print that tells you that the higher price quote was charged in store for at least 30 days etc., or some disclaimer to that effect. Do QVC not have to follow whatever rules govern that? If that was the case, then they couldn't change prices on a daily basis surely?

Latest posts

Back