Catherine Huntley the QVC corporate photograhers nightmare!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
QVC official photos of presenters -- yes, they are continually out of date concerning Ms Huntley
I admit I dont tune into to QVC very much - but each time I do, Catherine Huntley looks completely different! For example the last few times I have tuned in, I've seen her (within 6 months) skinny, big, normal, loosened frock, tight frock.. smock. Dark hair, blond hair red hair, orange, long, medium, bobbed. From Shakespears sister to Charlies Angel, and back again.

Im sure its fun, but surely everybody has a signature look they love, and stick with? Even Lady Gaga could not keep up with CH, and Gaga wears wigs! Catherine comes across as so unsettled. A friend said to me 'maybe its because she wants everyone to like her, therefore changes her look for approval, not necessarily for herself. I was surprised! How could any person require a confidence boost/approval if they are a TV presenter? I always believed a person in the media spotlight has confidence on tap, as a prerequisite for the job. I personally thought catherine looked her best with blonde hair (no root regrowth)

Presenters can't win! We often criticise those who are really stuck in a rut with their style (Claire Sutton in particular) for not changing... then when someone does change, they change too often. Ho hum!

I wondered why Catherine has chosen Welsh. Even the Clogau gold presenter isn't Welsh speaking (along with at least 50% of the Welsh) I personally think learning a language whose country has a QVC headquarters would be beneficial - for example, learning Japanese with a view to presenting at QVC Japan would be exciting

I wondered why Catherine has chosen Welsh. Even the Clogau gold presenter isn't Welsh speaking (along with at least 50% of the Welsh) I personally think learning a language whose country has a QVC headquarters would be beneficial - for example, learning Japanese with a view to presenting at QVC Japan would be exciting

We should be advocating this tactic for all our least favourite presenters :mysmilie_8: only problem is they'd probably have no presenters left!

Well i dont know the presenters very well but Catherine Huntly always seemed to be 'miss goodie goodie prim and proper' when she was blonde and staid. Now she now seems to be playing around with her look and finding/rediscovering herself. I am not sure of her age or personal life story but i think we all hit some kind of block where we wake up and discover we are suddenly verging on old and we are still wearing the same shade of lipstick from 10+ years ago. I know i did. And while my fashion sense hasn't changed a lot since my epiphany, my hair and make up certainly has. Well done her!

Maybe she's just at that stage in her life where she is trying to find the best look for her! And until she finds one she's happy with she'll continue to experiment... Look at pippa in the past!

You would think they would be confident but in fact many tv or stage performers (I include shopping telly types loosely) are the most needy people, constantly needing reassurance and telling how marvellous they are, luvvie dahling.

I watch very little QVC but, imo, their physical appearance is a remote second to their presenting style. I think it was Pipa, who always changed her hair colour. Personal choice.

But QVC has a headquarters in China and DelBoy learnt to speak Bollocks, not Mandarin.

The trouble with Huntley is she is becoming the story when she should be the storyteller ! When she's on, her differing styles are becoming the focus, instead of the product she's flogging, and that shouldn't be the aim. She's had so many images, a few I remember ..... the long red curls years ago when she was about a size 10, the severe black fringed Chinese/pulp fiction look, then the wispy every colour look, the wearing glasses/not wearing glasses. Yes we can give her every excuse under the sun, and its her choice to give half her weekly wages to a hairdresser, but I'm beginning to find her a massive irritation; - perhaps she's hoping that tv executives further up the food chain watch QVC and she's showing how she's able to change her persona, thus resulting in a better job elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back