BE or Philosophy?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Evie

Registered Shopper
I have remained faithful to BE mineral foundation because I wrongly believed it was the only one with an SPF protection. I have just found out that Philosophy Supernatural Mineral Make-up has an SPF of 15 and I am tempted to try it out? How do the two compare? Does the philosophy have a matte finish (I do not like that)? Does the design of the Philosophy packaging make it easier to keep in a handbag? I think the Philosophy one comes with a built in sponge applicator. I would love to hear your views. :)

I always keep my philosophy one in my handbag, it's very portable and easy to apply. The finish isn't matt, but it doesn't leave the same sheen as BE does. Maybe that's to do with the application? I don't wear philosophy as my make up in the morning (i was using BE, but now i'm using Balance and brighten or halo) but I use it to freshen my make up throught the day. It's very quick and easy to put on and gives good coverage without going cakey.

I always keep my philosophy one in my handbag, it's very portable and easy to apply. The finish isn't matt, but it doesn't leave the same sheen as BE does. Maybe that's to do with the application? I don't wear philosophy as my make up in the morning (i was using BE, but now i'm using Balance and brighten or halo) but I use it to freshen my make up throught the day. It's very quick and easy to put on and gives good coverage without going cakey.

I am interested to know why you prefer Balance and Brighten? Thanks!

I am interested to know why you prefer Balance and Brighten? Thanks!

I think I just prefer using a brush. I think you get a more refined finish with a brush, rather than a puff. You can use a brush with philosophy, but half of the contents of the pot spill out when you open it! Brushes are easier to clean than the puff as well.

I did use philosophy as my only make up on holiday though, because I just wanted easy make up rather than messing around with lots of brushes. Because you're not opening it, it doesn't spill so it's good for travel. It does last a very long time too, I've had one in my stockpile for ages while i'm trying to finish my current pot!

I find the Philosophy quite mat and more powdery than BE, it's better for having in you bag for touch ups as it doesn't spill and for holidays but I still prefer the finish of BE. HTH x

most mineral makeup brands have an spf. it depends on what formula or look you want to acheive. i used to use BE but found it to shiny and made my skin itch due to bismuth oxychloride. the philosophy supernatural also contains this so if your skin is very sensitive it might cause irritation. i found BE also to be slightly cakey and unless you buy a Be compact not very portable. I now use a different Mineral makeup that has four different formulas a matte, semi matte, intensive and original glo and it does not contain bismuth and i like it much more. it is a lot to do with budgets and the sort of formula that suits you and your requirements. there are a lot of mineral makeup brands now but not all are pure minerals. if you buy off qvc you could always send it back if it was not right for you.

most mineral makeup brands have an spf. it depends on what formula or look you want to acheive. i used to use BE but found it to shiny and made my skin itch due to bismuth oxychloride. the philosophy supernatural also contains this so if your skin is very sensitive it might cause irritation. i found BE also to be slightly cakey and unless you buy a Be compact not very portable. I now use a different Mineral makeup that has four different formulas a matte, semi matte, intensive and original glo and it does not contain bismuth and i like it much more. it is a lot to do with budgets and the sort of formula that suits you and your requirements. there are a lot of mineral makeup brands now but not all are pure minerals. if you buy off qvc you could always send it back if it was not right for you.

Thank you for this. I am interested in the one you are using - which one is it? The original glo sounds good.

I bought a compact from Jayne at Just beauty to carry my Bare escentuals around in my bag, no spills, and it has been there for ages.

I've been using Avon's version of mineral make-up for the last 6 months or so.... and it's fab!!!

And it only costs £7 maximum......... it really is a flippin' bargain!!

I love my Philosophy and find it so easy to use. I just can't get along with BE no matter how often I try:( I get mine from ebay.com now as it's sooo much cheaper.

I would love to try the Philosophy but even the lightest shade is too dark for me and my off white complextion lol, just a word of warning to be careful if you are fair skinned :)

Totally off topic just wanted to say I love the little paw prints Fraggle

Well I had to have a rethink because the new forum won't let me load my Bella siggie - it keeps telling me that it's too big :(

Thank you for this. I am interested in the one you are using - which one is it? The original glo sounds good.
the range of mineral makeup i use with 4 types inc original glo and also comes in more colour choices than BE is called everyday minerals. they also do a free sample kit. you just have to pay for the postage. the postage is resonable though xonsidering from USA.

Just FYI - All minerals have a natural spf by their very nature. They're crushed minerals that provide a physical sunblock. If you've ever seen sportsmen wearing a thick white stripe, that's basically the same thing only a cream version (zinc oxide - also found in baby bum creams). It's this zinc oxide that also good for the skin as zinc is needed by the skin to function healthily. Don't fall for the myth that it's good enough to sleep in as it will clog pores if left on the skin for long enough. Also, be aware that unless you have enough on, you won't get enough spf coverage (enough being quoted as a teaspoonful, so clearly, the tiny amount placed in the lid is not technically enough to provide full protection).

Just FYI - All minerals have a natural spf by their very nature. They're crushed minerals that provide a physical sunblock. If you've ever seen sportsmen wearing a thick white stripe, that's basically the same thing only a cream version (zinc oxide - also found in baby bum creams). It's this zinc oxide that also good for the skin as zinc is needed by the skin to function healthily. Don't fall for the myth that it's good enough to sleep in as it will clog pores if left on the skin for long enough. Also, be aware that unless you have enough on, you won't get enough spf coverage (enough being quoted as a teaspoonful, so clearly, the tiny amount placed in the lid is not technically enough to provide full protection).

Yes, that's a good point - they never say how much you need to wear to get protection.

Latest posts

Back