Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement

Management
Job Culture

Awesome
Demonstrator (Current Employee), London – September 15, 2015
Pros: great work place
Cons: none
Great company to work for. totally proffesional. A fun place to be and to spend time. I am excited to be there and love the staff
Was this review helpful? Yes (1) – No (1)

Bad
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Liverpool – January 14, 2016
Pros: Extra £5/6 for no weekend life
Cons: They have a fridge to put your lunch in.
If you are ok with working every weekend until 1am then fine. If you are ok with after 4 weeks training then put on phones -then being threatened by management over phone call times then fine. The number one issue for this job is - the majority of the phone calls are old lady's looking for a chat and QVC expect you without being rude to end a call after 160 seconds, if you believe you can do this great. Secondly they keep you on your probation and threaten you about this for as long as possible as its less wages to pay, also threaten you with a 'Business Critical red call' and if you have 2 you are out - and that's as soon as you out of training, no time given. Thirdly they expect you to work every weekend (whilst i was there i never had a weekend off) they say they give you a premium rate for this - this works out about £5/6 extra for working a Saturday evening. The majority of the staff already working there will talk among themselves whilst you are sat next to them without any interaction (kind of oooh new kid avoid him) some of the staff are very friendly but i found most to be not very nice. The management (my manager) seem to search through your calls and look for calls were you may have made a slight mistake (as in a lady asks you to order an item - but does not know what said item is - so you search on internet for 10 minutes cannot find nothing - lady states i will check and call back - for this 'Business Critical' as you are clearly supposed to be taking no longer than about 160 seconds to find the item, which clearly you should know what it is ? So moral of the story is - If you enjoy being made to feel inadequate as you should know what the customer wants ( even though they have no idea) then again threatened with a RED call then this may be the job for you. Also you get about 4 minutes (personal time) for toilet breaks on an 8 hour shift so take a bottle. Also a lot of customers play the QVC system as they have shopped there for many of years and know everybody, so know you are new and play you for free delivery's ect so be careful. I have had many jobs and this is definitely comes in as the worst - there seems to be a massive amount of pressure placed upon you straight after training you are expected not to make an error and the money is clearly not worth the stress. I found the friendliest staff that work there are the guys in the Canteen, top men and very chatty. Personally i would avoid this job unless you are very desperate and its your only hope of work. Not the easiest of places to get to either so you need a car as 1am finishes so no transport - so this kind of knocks your salary right down.
Not all doom and gloom though as they come around the cal centre now and again with lollipops and cordial.

yep, read many of those
hence i thought i mention for those who are interested in delving deeper into Q culture and working
mainly on glassdoor
interesting stuff on cliquey long serving middle management sticking to together
and not interested in improvements, new ideas
and the group think syndrome
i.e. we are the best in customer service,
and they believe their own spin and pr

qvc are so arrogant they dont even try to assist the customer. they see us as a burden...they charge you £5 to post a small item. make you wait weeks just in case it turns up then forces you to go along with thier time wasting procedures

qvc are so arrogant they dont even try to assist the customer. they see us as a burden...they charge you £5 to post a small item. make you wait weeks just in case it turns up then forces you to go along with thier time wasting procedures

This is painting a picture for me akin to the scenes in the film The Incredibles where the deeply unhappy Mr Incredible (Bob Parr) works for an insurance clerk... and he's in his boss's office being ranted at about how his customers inexplicably know how to play the system.

yes qvc customers are crooks if they dont go along with the pantomime. they want you to pay in excess of £10 just to look at an item. they dont live in the realistic world just a greedy one. oh and i am sure qvc are reading this

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I was just looking at recent reviews of QVC by its employees. I don't think any of them are as telling as the one Donna posted above, saying they are encouraged to keep calls short, even if it means ending conversations with lonely/chatty callers abruptly, but there is still mention of being pushed to meet targets and management being poor. They really vary though - for some, QVC seems to be all about parties and freebies, then another compares the job to "a chocolate fondant with chocolate faeces inside"!

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/QVC-UK-Reviews-E12839.htm

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I was just looking at recent reviews of QVC by its employees. I don't think any of them are as telling as the one Donna posted above, saying they are encouraged to keep calls short, even if it means ending conversations with lonely/chatty callers abruptly, but there is still mention of being pushed to meet targets and management being poor. They really vary though - for some, QVC seems to be all about parties and freebies, then another compares the job to "a chocolate fondant with chocolate faeces inside"!

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/QVC-UK-Reviews-E12839.htm

That's a horrible image. And awful to work somewhere if you feel like that about the job. There are few things as stressful and awful as being in a job you hate... you could be paid a 7-figure sum and it's not enough to compensate for the hours of your life that you spend doing something you detest. I was lucky that when I had a job that made me feel like sh*t I had a lot of options to turn to, and no personal or financial commitments (the joys of youth)... but if there isn't the choice of jobs, and you cannot afford to not have a wage coming in, it must be miserable... and the longer you continue the harder it is to pick yourself up and have the confidence and the will to search for and apply for other work.

You can tell all that just by watching QVC, like presenters who can make their besties a QVC beauty blogger and get lots of freebies, it's as though there's no actual structure or upper management taking control, just a bunch of presenters acting how they want and doing what they want, definitely agree that QVC comes across as a cliquey place to work, or in the words of Fun Boy Three, the lunatics have taken over the Asylum :mysmilie_13:

That's a horrible image. And awful to work somewhere if you feel like that about the job. There are few things as stressful and awful as being in a job you hate... you could be paid a 7-figure sum and it's not enough to compensate for the hours of your life that you spend doing something you detest. I was lucky that when I had a job that made me feel like sh*t I had a lot of options to turn to, and no personal or financial commitments (the joys of youth)... but if there isn't the choice of jobs, and you cannot afford to not have a wage coming in, it must be miserable... and the longer you continue the harder it is to pick yourself up and have the confidence and the will to search for and apply for other work.

Isn't it awful? I've had a job I hated myself but fortunately it was only a few weeks of my life.

Imagine if we on this forum were given a month at QVC to correct all those bad practices and shortcomings. Bagsie Head of Scripting to force presenters to give the useful information, cut the cr4p, stop misleading viewers about the 30 day MBG and only ever quote the price including P&P.

Reading Boffy's update, its coming across more and more like a weird cult. Staff are brainwashed, the Americanisms mentioned pushing that selling techniques. Expecting Tom Cruise to pop up any minute.

Many years ago, I worked in a call centre for an insurance company (who shall remain nameless, Nelson), and I thought that was a shltty job. QVC sounds many times worse. I think we are regressing to Victorian working conditions, with added electronics.

You'll always get this once jobs become scarce. For some employers, it's too good chance to create Dickensian working conditions because many people aren't in a position to tell the employer to stuff the job where the sun don't shine. These places (such as Q, IMO) where they try to project an image of sweetness and light, all mates together, "award-winning", etc. are generally the worst - cliquey and oppressive in reality. The irony of it all is that never in history has so much claptrap been said/written about "mission statements", customer care and all that carp - without anything to back them up, these are just meaningless words on a screen or a piece of paper, but companies still think that as long as they put a load of twaddle in writing, it will convince others that they are a wonderful organisation with humanitarian principles. Er, no, it doesn't, it's just BS.

Many years ago, I worked in a call centre for an insurance company (who shall remain nameless, Nelson), and I thought that was a shltty job. QVC sounds many times worse. I think we are regressing to Victorian working conditions, with added electronics.

AndiK, I want the job of wardrobe supervisor or whatever - checking the appearance of presenters before they go on-air. I could say to Kathy "is that a bird's nest on your head or do you need to comb your hair?", I could order DF and JR into proper sizes - "what! You a size small? Don't make me laugh, you silly moo". I could ask Charlie Brooke to kindly desist from stuffing his gob during a food hour, or else he'd be given the job of picking all the crumbs and lumps of food off his own jacket (with his hands tied behind his back), and I could tell Craig to stop the Uriah Heap impressions, as his dribble is going down the front of his shirt and all the cringing is making his hands sweaty. As you can see, I would not be rude(!), just firm and fair. Job's mine.

Last edited:
I can think of a few who would love to work there, "All because the lady loves Facebook" sad but true! teeeheee

AndiK, I want the job of wardrobe supervisor or whatever - checking the appearance of presenters before they go on-air. I could say to Kathy "is that a bird's nest on your head or do you need to comb your hair?", I could order DF and JR into proper sizes - "what! You a size small? Don't make me laugh, you silly moo". I could ask Charlie Brooke to kindly desist from stuffing his gob during a food hour, or else he'd be given the job of picking all the crumbs and lumps of food off his own jacket (with his hands tied behind his back), and I could tell Craig to stop the Uriah Heap impressions, as his dribble is going down the front of his shirt and all the cringing is making his hands sweaty. As you can see, I would not be rude(!), just firm and fair. Job's mine.

That will keep you busy but yes, you can start on Monday!

Latest posts

Back