Charging Easypay for goods already returned?? Is this Legal???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

diddydave_uk

Registered Shopper
Hi Everyone!!

This is my first post here as I just joined , so hello!!! I brought Sennheiser wireless headphones from QVC 28th December for £249 on three easy pay . When the headphones arrived about 8th January they were faulty as they did not work when the lead was in, which was a feature I really needed!! When I got a reply back from customer services on 15th January they said they could not cancel the easy payments till they received the goods but were confident they would receive them before the second payment was due on 5th February . but as they came straight from the manufacture and the delivery firm was different to the one QVC use they still had not been collected by the 5th and the second easy pay instalment was charged. This meant I had paid a total of £167.95 ( 2x £83 plus 4.95 p&p) for headphones I could not use!! Eventually QVC arranged for their delivery firm to collect the goods which they did about two weeks ago. Now the thing that really has me fuming is I got an email from QVC saying they are going to charge me the final easy pay of £83 on 5th March which is in two days time. Surely it can not be legal to take another £83 of my money for goods that are not even in my possession!! They should be refunding me the £167.49 not taking more of my money!!!

Thanks for Listening
Dave

QVC is a very outdated company who've adapted very little in twenty two years, they'll tell you they can't cancel easy payments till the item shows up as returned, even if the tracking says it's been sitting in their warehouse for two weeks. There's a whole bundle of reasons why I closed my account with QVC over two years ago and I'm so pleased I did, they're the most expensive way to shop, that's just one of them. What I would do though is not have the money in the bank for them to take, ignore all contact with them because after all, this is their fault not yours and hopefull it'll be sorted soon.............hiya and :mysmilie_357:

theft by stealth! qvc are like i said before no better than those awful mail order catalogues thats job is to get as much money from thier customers "by whatever means necesary"

Hi D. Dave and welcome to the house of fun! It's well worth contacting your credit card company if you paid by CC. They can make a charge back from QVC. (This still might take a while but quicker than QVC).

Even if you paid by debit card it's worth phoning them; my son repeatedly tried to cancel a footy magazine subscription (FourFourTwo) and 8 months later it was still arriving and being charged for so he rang and explained, the bank asked for the date he'd first emailed or written to cancel and then refunded all the money and stopped anymore being charged.

Whether these approaches work or not, it's worth emailing the CEO (I think it's still Mr Boyd - so try [email protected] )

Looking forward to reading your future posts! :mysmilie_59:

thx for the replies and welcome!! I contacted QVC 'customer services' this morning and they are saying they have not received the headphones so can not cancel the easy payment :mysmilie_51: they said they are sending me out a form today that I have to sign to say I've returned the goods and then they will refund me! nice to know they believe their customers (sarcastic). As someone who lives on his disability benefits I don't have an extra 268 pound laying around to pay for faulty good!! as you can imagine I am very angry and wound up this morning :headbang:

thx for the replies and welcome!! I contacted QVC 'customer services' this morning and they are saying they have not received the headphones so can not cancel the easy payment :mysmilie_51: they said they are sending me out a form today that I have to sign to say I've returned the goods and then they will refund me! nice to know they believe their customers (sarcastic). As someone who lives on his disability benefits I don't have an extra 268 pound laying around to pay for faulty good!! as you can imagine I am very angry and wound up this morning :headbang:

i can imagine how you feel because thats how i feel. shopping with qvc is not alawys a pleasant experience. hopefully you have proof of postage but i have a funny feeling you may find it turns up soon and you get your long awaited refund.

Welcome Dave, wish it was under happier circumstances.
Don't expect the form this week, I've found it can take a week or more to turn up. Then of course you need to wait for it to arrive back with them & their following snail pace refund time. It's SO lovely to feel like a valued customer isn't it??
If you have a proof of posting, which I really, really hope you have, be sure to make a copy of it before sending it off to them with the form. I've always sent the copy & kept the original, just in case, if they don't trust me I sure as anything don't trust them

They can email you the form and you can complete it and email it back to them to speed up the process. Also saves you the cost of the stamp.

Welcome!

Sometimes it's the luck of the draw which person you speak to in customer services. Some are more helpful than others and more willing to help you out by dealing with things ahead of the paperwork. But I would phone again and ask if you can scan and email or fax the form back, particularly stressing your situation.

Welcome to the forum :mysmilie_378:

Hi D. Dave and welcome to the house of fun! It's well worth contacting your credit card company if you paid by CC. They can make a charge back from QVC. (This still might take a while but quicker than QVC).

Even if you paid by debit card it's worth phoning them; my son repeatedly tried to cancel a footy magazine subscription (FourFourTwo) and 8 months later it was still arriving and being charged for so he rang and explained, the bank asked for the date he'd first emailed or written to cancel and then refunded all the money and stopped anymore being charged.

Whether these approaches work or not, it's worth emailing the CEO (I think it's still Mr Boyd - so try [email protected] )

Looking forward to reading your future posts! :mysmilie_59:

I wish I'd know that a few months ago when I tried - and failed - to obtain a refund on a steam generator iron with a 2 year guarantee which when I first took from the box after a year but before the two years, it wouldn't work and CS were very helpful and said they would arrange a collection. This didn't materialise and when I rang again I was told I only had a year to claim under the guarantee so the two year one is completely worthless. After a few letters with an increasingly stroppy member of customer services, I gave up when they told me to find an iron engineer (?) to test the iron and submit a report to them. It was like beating my head against the wall and I couldn't take any more stress and hassle.

Definitely call your bank or credit card company because this is taking way too long. And Dermot Boyd CEO! FFS they (qvc) sent a courier to collect the darn parcel so that is the point at which Amazon and lakeland and other C21st online traders would process the refund.

Like you, I also live on disability benefits and am in the same place right now, although I'm only waiting for an order of £38 to be dealt with. It has been driving me mad, especially when there is little spare cash to bandy around, so I can appreciate how you feel. Customer service should be renamed. Fair do, they're usually nice and friendly when it comes to speaking to them but they never actually offer much that helps. It's usually just telling you to wait a bit more or we'll send some letter or other that'll take weeks to process. This latest fiasco is another of the dozens of nails in QVC's coffin lid and I am now contemplating closing my account and sticking to decent retailers. Hope you get your refund soon and welcome to the forum! :)

Q - Quality - where?
V - Value - none.
C - Convenience - not for the customer.

Is this slow snail pace refund procedure due to the fact businesses get interest on a daily basis? So the longer they can hold onto your money saying your return is still in transit when its sat in the warehouse waiting to be `received` the more they make out of you on top of the extortionate P&P . Can we track our returns or is it too expensive? Then we could challenge them when they are saying they haven`t received it !
Hope its sorted to your satisfaction and welcome Dave!!

If it's an item you can return via Royal Mail you can get a proof of posting at no extra cost, but without tracking. For an extra quid you can send it "Signed For" (used to be Recorded Delivery) and the tracking will show when it's been received by QVC (it isn't fully trackable like the expensive Special Delivery). As soon as you see that Q has received the return on royalmail.com (even if they deny it) they should process the refund straight away by checking the Signed For ref you provide in your email or over the phone. BUT in my experience they will insist on the rigmarole of signed declaration which is beyond frustrating! A Hermes collection you book and pay for yourself will allow you to track it (I think) but when Q arrange the collection the Hermes chap doesn't even give a receipt most of the time.

I sent a top back to Ideal World the other day via the prepaid Collect+ label you can request at time of ordering (for £1.50ish) and the receipt said I could track it's progress.

At risk of sounding like a broken record - search on here for "Parcelforce consignment" if you have 4 or more items to return as eg a total sack weight of say 2kg (all packages wrapped separately as Q insist) even if it's comprised of a dozen packages will be less than £13 with guaranteed 48 hour delivery and is fully trackable. Perfect for those moments of madness when you order shedloads of stuff and then regret it! I've posted about it in more detail on other threads so definitely worth knowing about. You don't need to be near a Parcelforce depot any post office will do.

Latest episode of this drama is that the original delivery firm DPD have sent the headphones back to me �� So now I'm right back where I started! Phoned QVC and they said they don't know why this has happened and will be looking into it and getting back to me in a couple of days! So if I've not heard from them by next Wednesday I'll phone them!! Will keep you all updated on this gripping drama ��

Latest episode of this drama is that the original delivery firm DPD have sent the headphones back to me �� So now I'm right back where I started! Phoned QVC and they said they don't know why this has happened and will be looking into it and getting back to me in a couple of days! So if I've not heard from them by next Wednesday I'll phone them!! Will keep you all updated on this gripping drama ��

thats mental.i suspect qvc refused delivery cheapskates....i put nothing past them. getting back to you in a couple of days hoping you wont bother them again. i would phone them back and ask why they cant deal with the return now

thats mental.i suspect qvc refused delivery cheapskates....i put nothing past them. getting back to you in a couple of days hoping you wont bother them again. i would phone them back and ask why they cant deal with the return now

They can do that. If you ring CS and ask and say that you can't afford to be out of pocket for such a long time and ask them to refund immediately as a gesture of good will. An expensive handbag I ordered failed to materialise and after I'd waited an eternity for them to decide it was missing and to suggest they sent a declaration form out, I said that it was far too much money to be out of pocket for such a long time and they did refund before they got the declaration form back.

This is how it can be done! Last week I ordered 3 tablets from Amazon for my grandchildren's birthdays. This Wednesday my daughter texted me to say one had stopped charging, so I advised Amazon who immediately emailed me a returns label which I emailed over to my daughter. Yesterday she sent the parcel off and in the evening Amazon emailed me to say the refund had been processed and to allow 5/7 days to show in my account. QVC, that to me is award winning customer service.

Latest posts

Back