Free p & p??!!??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hippygirl

Registered Shopper
Last night on Gems Clearance JF was raving about how good QVC were when they gave free p & p. She said that other retailers gave free p & p all the time but included the cost in the price of the object, whereas QVC gave a lower price but charged p & p but it still worked out cheaper. Therefore when you get aan item on QVC with free postage you are really doing well.

I can't believe the cheek of her expecting us to swallow this. I often shop around, especially for beauty and for single items ie not TSV, most, if not all, online beauty stores have cheaper prices than QVC AND free postage, AND the items come quicker.

I know this has been discussed here a lot but I just could not believe JF's cheek.

you can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time....everyone knows qvc postage is a giant moneymaking con

Oooooh that woman says the first thing that enters her head most of the time; which is a load of tosh.

I've just shopped around for Elemis m/c extra rich, and found a site that offers it fir £12 less than QVC and free delivery, making it around £17 less - so that blows her theory out of the window !

I really hate it when they take their audience for fools.

I am now trying to apply "fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me!" to ensure I stop and think, then do some research, before I click the buy button.

Sadly there are many people who are either brain washed or so gullible they refuse to shop anywhere other than Q. It`s as of they`re wearing blinkers and they don`t even bother doing a simple web search to discover if something might be cheaper on another site. They just sit back in acceptance.
The minute someone says something negative about product X or Y or how QVC runs its business, sells its products or encourages its presenters to tell fairy tales, these people come out of the woodwork and its as if they think the presenters are friends and QVC is above reproach.
Ridiculous !

Last night on Gems Clearance JF was raving about how good QVC were when they gave free p & p. She said that other retailers gave free p & p all the time but included the cost in the price of the object, whereas QVC gave a lower price but charged p & p but it still worked out cheaper. Therefore when you get aan item on QVC with free postage you are really doing well.

I can't believe the cheek of her expecting us to swallow this. I often shop around, especially for beauty and for single items ie not TSV, most, if not all, online beauty stores have cheaper prices than QVC AND free postage, AND the items come quicker.

I know this has been discussed here a lot but I just could not believe JF's cheek.

I just happened to switch Q on just before JF launched into this speech.........I was killing myself laughing, the more she tried to justify the P&P the more stupid she sounded!

did she factor in the parking on the DHS? or is that just for Chuntley.

Sadly there are many people who are either brain washed or so gullible they refuse to shop anywhere other than Q. It`s as of they`re wearing blinkers and they don`t even bother doing a simple web search to discover if something might be cheaper on another site. They just sit back in acceptance.
The minute someone says something negative about product X or Y or how QVC runs its business, sells its products or encourages its presenters to tell fairy tales, these people come out of the woodwork and its as if they think the presenters are friends and QVC is above reproach.
Ridiculous !

Many many years ago I think we would all have thought well of Q and possibly defended the idea of selly telly to others but no longer. Even I - who purchased so much their share price hit the roof -cant abide them now with their outdated methods
and sly ways.
Now if I see something I like and cant get it elsewhere (usually jewellery as I dont buy beauty items) I buy, otherwise I rarely watch unless it is a show like Honora or Tigs and have even stopped scouring the clearance section which used to be a good source for bits.

I just don't seem to understand the rational behind QVC mindset .If an item is above £ 200 they send it by DX but if the same item is in easy pays ,which comes below the 200 they send by 2 nd class RM .can someone explain that !!!!!

I just don't seem to understand the rational behind QVC mindset .If an item is above £ 200 they send it by DX but if the same item is in easy pays ,which comes below the 200 they send by 2 nd class RM .can someone explain that !!!!!

severe case of stupidity?

She's got to be joking. For a start, I'd tell her that the vast majority of the Charlie Bears I've ever checked out online (apart from the odd Q exclusive) are not only cheaper through online retailers but also these retailers don't charge any p & p!! So she's wrong there, for a start. Also, how does she know for a fact that other retailers factor in the p & p - does she sit on the Board of every retailer in Britain? If this is the start of an "Open Season" for unsubstantiated claims about other retailers practices, Q could find themselves in serious trouble, IMO, as other retailers might well have something to say.

You're only their "friend" when you are spending megabucks, that's the truth of it, and these sad people either don't realise or don't want to, IMO.
Ridiculous !

Jill "I can't live with out this" Franks has little credibility to start with... this will hardly do anything but diminish what little credibility she may still be clinging onto.

the postage is bad enough but its the return postage costs that i hate. if you buy a pair of shoes/boots from qvc you have to be aware it could cost you £12 or more just to try them on.

if they lose your order you have several weeks to wait to get your money back and no compensation for the impertinance

for me the bottom line is to be aware of were you stand as a customer
the attitude, the lack respect, the way they work, the sly underhand stuff, the smoke and mirrors,
the 'us and them attitude',
and then the Quality, Value and Convenience
i get if/when i shop there
and it doesn't compare well on any of those
and it doesn't look good when all is taken into consideration
and i am free to spend my hard earned elsewhere
my status is currently 'resentful and actively resisting'
i have not watched QVC for ages, they don't on the whole, with the very odd exception, deserve my time, attention, and the opportunity to sell me something

but each to their own ....

Why isn't QVC using click and collect like a lot of other retailers? I have to say their p&p is a farce. I ordered an item in Sunday - still not received it.

Why isn't QVC using click and collect like a lot of other retailers? I have to say their p&p is a farce. I ordered an item in Sunday - still not received it.

Snap I'm also waiting,I ordered a pair of skis from France yesterday as they were 25% off not only is it free p&p but I have also been given a time of arrival tomorrow morning,so stick that where the sun don't shine QVC.

The only time anyone on QVC mentions P&P, is when its free. Otherwise the silent is deafening. Apart from CHuntley who keeps trying to tell us how lucky we are to get such a wonderful deal, and how dangerous it is to go in a car/bus/train to the high street.

We are just stressing ourselves .I makes no difference for them whatsoever

what makes a difference is figuring out what is what
and what to expect
and then you can weigh up the pros and cons
and decide if you want to spend with them

i personally, would under most circumstances rather spend my hard earned elsewhere
apart from one or two potential exceptions
and where i may check ingredients etc via email with supplier first
minimising the opportunity for QVC to hoodwink me

once you know where it is at
you then have a choice
which is change,
only from your end not theirs
but a good change nevertheless

vote with your pocket !

Latest posts

Back