Amazon Fire HD 10 32GB Tablet TSV 05/03/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Amazon Fire HD 10 32GB Tablet with 32GB SanDisk MicroSD Card
Item Number: 508033
QVC Price £175.00
Today's Special Value Price £149.88
P&P £6.95

Specifically designed for those who love to browse the web and watch media with ease, the multi-purpose Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet features a stunning 10.1" HD touchscreen, a quad-core processor, 32GB of built-in storage and 1GB RAM for smooth, proficient performance, all topped off with a long-lasting battery life of up to eight hours. Whether at home or on the go, enter your own world of immersive entertainment, keep up to date with emails, or even delve into a new novel with this lightweight and versatile device.

It's all easy - the Amazon Fire HD 10 is ready to use right out of the box, making it perfect to give as a gift. There's no complicated setup; just log in with an Amazon account, connect to Wi-Fi and you're ready to go!

Fast, clear, responsive - the proficient quad-core processor consists of four high-performance cores, which ensure quick app launch times, smooth games and videos, and great overall performance. Plus, the 10.1" widescreen, 1280 x 800 high-definition display delivers crisp, vivid images with low glare and a fantastic viewing experience even at wide angles, and let's not forget the amazing Dolby sound.

A powerful and versatile device - delivering everything you expect from a tablet and more, the Amazon Fire HD 10 allows you to easily flit between browsing the web, to accessing your library of books, comics and magazines whenever, wherever.

Not just for grown-ups - Fire for Kids is free on every Fire tablet so when youngsters use the device it's like they have their very own personalised tablet. The background colour and fonts change to a child-friendly design and they only see the titles, apps, games and videos that you give them access to thanks to the easy-to-use Parental Controls.

Watch on the big screen - fling movies and TV shows from your tablet to your big-screen TV using Second Screen (available for Amazon Fire TV, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4). This turns your telly into the primary screen, freeing up your tablet to provide playback controls or to simply browse the web and more while you watch a movie.

Better connected - with Family Library you can link your Amazon account to your partner's, so you can easily share apps, games, audiobooks and books. Additionally, it now allows Prime members to share their Prime Video.

Free 'Mayday' on-device tech support - this cutting-edge customer service feature allows Amazon experts to connect to Fire tablets and guide you through features by drawing on your screen, walking you through how to do something yourself, or doing it for you.

Prime of life - Amazon Prime members* can enjoy more than 38 million songs, movies, TV shows, books, apps and games! Additionally, thousands of Prime Video movies and TV shows are available to be downloaded to watch offline anywhere. Plus with On Deck (coming soon) - automatically download Prime Video (for Prime members) and the first episodes of Amazon Original Series while your device isn’t in use, ensuring that there is always something new to enjoy instantly, even when offline.

Amazon Underground - the Amazon operating system is optimised to give you access to thousands of apps, games and in-app items via Amazon Underground - including extra lives, unlocked levels, unlimited add-on packs and more. This does not have access to the Google Play Store

A new way to read faster - Word Runner keeps your eyes focused on the centre of the page and brings each word right to where your eyes already are. With dynamic pacing, Word Runner automatically slows down for difficult words, punctuation and paragraph breaks. And when you first start reading, it gradually builds up to the speed you choose. If you miss something, just tap and hold the screen to activate the Brake. It instantly pauses Word Runner, and lets you easily scroll back and pick up wherever you like.

ASAP - Advanced Streaming and Prediction learns what movies and shows you like and gets them ready for you to watch. The more you view videos on your Fire tablet, the more accurate ASAP becomes, dynamically adapting to your viewing habits.

*Amazon Prime is available via a subscription, and is not included when you purchase this device

What's in the box?

Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet in Black
USB 2.0 cable
5W power adaptor
Quick start guide

Added value:

Sandisk 32GB microSD card - gives you double the space to download movies, music and TV programmes to enjoy on the move

Technical specifications:

Display: 10.1" HD touchscreen with IPS technology
Resolution: 1280 x 800 (149 ppi) with HD video playback
Processor: MediaTek Quad-Core (up to 1.5 GHz)
Operating system: Fire OS5 'Bellini'
Memory: 1GB RAM
Storage: 32GB (available storage space 26GB) - microSD slot allows for up to 128GB of additional storage
Camera: rear-facing: 5MP (720p video); front-facing: HD (720p video)
Audio: integrated Dolby stereo speakers and microphone
Battery life: up to 8 hours battery life (dependent on usage)
Charge time: fully charged in under 5 hours using the charger provided
Connectivity: dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
Adjustable font size and screen colour for night reading
Sensors: Gyroscope, Accelerometer
Weight: 432g
Tablet (h x w x d): 15.9 cm x 26.2 cm x 0.77cm (6.3" x 10.3" x 0.3")
Content formats supported: Kindle (AZW), KF8, TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively, Audible Enhanced format (AAX), DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, non-DRM AAC, MP3, MIDI, PCM/WAVE, OGG, WAV, M4V, MP4, Dolby Digital (AC-3), Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3), AAC LC/LTP, HE-AACv1, HE-AACv2, MKV, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, HTML5, CSS3, 3GP, VP8 (WEBM)
Additional features: external volume controls, built-in Bluetooth with support for A2DP compatible stereo headphones, speakers, microphone, and LE accessories support; Miracast and second screen functionality with X-ray/IMDB
Accessibility: VoiceView Screen Reader and Screen Magnifier, enabling access to the vast majority of Fire tablet features. VoiceView features IVONA's award-winning natural language text-to-speech voice. Fire OS 5 also includes system-wide subtitle settings, adjustable font sizes up to 50% larger, and a variety of book reading text adjustments such as adjustable colours and text spacing. Also includes built-in Oxford dictionary

Input/output:

1 x micro USB 2.0
1 x micro SD
1 x 3.5mm headphone jack with in-line microphone support

Behind the brand
Amazon opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. As well as offering millions of products on Amazon.co.uk, the company manufactures premium products at non-premium prices, including the world’s most popular e-reader, Kindle, as well as Fire tablets - powerful devices designed for entertainment.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.508033

Looking at non QVC/Amazon reviews for this device it seems it is considered by several users to be rather sluggish and to have rather poor screen resolution. The term 'plasticky' or the like seems to crop up quite a lot too.

My main problem with Amazon Tablets is you cannot use the Google Play Store, their own App Store is OK but it's worth checking that an app you like is actually available on there before you buy.

But £150 for effectively a 10" 64GB Tablet? It might be a decent buy, depending on what your requirements are :mysmilie_59:

Looking at non QVC/Amazon reviews for this device it seems it is considered by several users to be rather sluggish and to have rather poor screen resolution. The term 'plasticky' or the like seems to crop up quite a lot too.

My main problem with Amazon Tablets is you cannot use the Google Play Store, their own App Store is OK but it's worth checking that an app you like is actually available on there before you buy.

But £150 for effectively a 10" 64GB Tablet? It might be a decent buy, depending on what your requirements are :mysmilie_59:

Yep the number of apps for Kindles is not huge and also you are limited as to which catch up TV services you can use as Kindle is not flash compatible!

don't think you need flash anyway , ipads don't have it and you can watch catch up

Apparently the chargers are dangerous and can give you a shock, they are being replaced, or you can get £12 to buy your own.

I'm not sure exactly which 2 models are affected.

don't think you need flash anyway , ipads don't have it and you can watch catch up

You cannot watch Channel 4 and Channel 5 cstch up on Kindle although Sky Go is finally available!

Lee referred to all the great reviews for this device, on amazon.co.uk. Hmmm!

Curiously, and despite being sold before Christmas, there isn't a single review on qvcuk.com, I'm sure there was though.

Maybe it was a different bundle under a different item number which has now been deleted :mysmilie_59:

Lee referred to all the great reviews for this device, on amazon.co.uk. Hmmm!

Curiously, and despite being sold before Christmas, there isn't a single review on qvcuk.com, I'm sure there was though.

Maybe it was a different bundle under a different item number which has now been deleted :mysmilie_59:

It was item 507 199

I have a Kindle - I like reading and it's the one which (still) has the widest range of titles available for it. If I were to get a tablet, though, I wouldn't get a Fire. I would want something which has much wider compatibility. I don't like the idea of things which are largely locked into proprietary technology, or products and services.

Thing is, if you were ever to fall foul of Amazon and they cancelled your account, then you would be royally stuffed. No longer able to use any of your Amazon-tied products at all. One of the ways you can fall foul of them is too high a returns rate/lost in the post rate... and always at Amazon's discretion. Don't get me wrong, I really like Amazon, but I'm not prepared to put all my eggs into one basket, no matter the hype.

I have a Kindle - I like reading and it's the one which (still) has the widest range of titles available for it. If I were to get a tablet, though, I wouldn't get a Fire. I would want something which has much wider compatibility. I don't like the idea of things which are largely locked into proprietary technology, or products and services.

Thing is, if you were ever to fall foul of Amazon and they cancelled your account, then you would be royally stuffed. No longer able to use any of your Amazon-tied products at all. One of the ways you can fall foul of them is too high a returns rate/lost in the post rate... and always at Amazon's discretion. Don't get me wrong, I really like Amazon, but I'm not prepared to put all my eggs into one basket, no matter the hype.

I suppose one thing it does have going for it is, in theory, all of the apps in the Amazon store should be compatible which is very rarely the case with Google Play and Android Tablets, even Google's own Nexus has the occasional compatibility clash.

I know the last time I checked a few weeks ago I couldn't use the Barclays app on my Nexus 7 2012.

Personally I think you'd be better off shopping around and getting a Samsung Galaxy Tab E and a Memory Card if you need the extra storage.

You can get both if you're canny for around the same price :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back