Time to stop shopping with QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

diamonds

Registered Shopper
Especially if they are higher priced goods .I have realised that items especially if they are shown on air and popular are highly likely to go missing .Its happened to me twice ,they take ages to send the item out because they don't have it in warehouse and they simply say it's despatched .when the item is not received ,they send out a letter ,by which time they have your money with you for a while .After more than 15 yrs of shopping with them ,it's highly getting stressed .

similar to whats happened to me this last week. such a palaver to get your money back

Especially if they are higher priced goods .I have realised that items especially if they are shown on air and popular are highly likely to go missing .Its happened to me twice ,they take ages to send the item out because they don't have it in warehouse and they simply say it's despatched .when the item is not received ,they send out a letter ,by which time they have your money with you for a while .After more than 15 yrs of shopping with them ,it's highly getting stressed .

Yes, like their website, their postage is deteriorating.

By contrast, Thursday evening I ordered some books from Amazon. I selected free super saver delivery - estimated 3-5 days to deliver. This morning at 10.20am I got a phone call from the delivery guy to check if I was in, and he told me on the phone he would post it through my letter box. So that's Thursday 3rd March, delivered Saturday 5th March, with no postage to pay... and I've been kept fully informed of its progress every step of the way.

COME ON QVC! It really is beyond being laughable now. You'd have to really search hard to find anyone with worse delivery performance than QVC.

The irony is that most of the delivery companies out there, including the ones contracted by QVC do offer high-quality trackable services. Just QVC being total cheapskates. With the postage and packaging they charge they should be providing a gold standard top-of-the-range service.

The only cost to themselves is storing goods in the warehouse, slapping a label on the pre-packaged goods, and where multiples are ordered either putting binding tape around them or putting smaller items into a plastic bag.

My 3 books from Amazon would have cost me £2.99 in postage had I wanted my items quicker on their standard first class service (to arrive next day). QVC don't seem to offer postage that low on anything... they can't get the goods out of the warehouse promptly... they can't hand them over to a courier properly... then they can't offer tracking... they don't know how to use email to send out returns labels and the like. It is farcical. We are, last I looked, in the twenty-first century. When will QVC actually behave like it?

Can't understand their logic . The item is £250 . If ordered without easy pay it would have been sent by DX but as easy pay comes less than 100 it's sent by RM second class . Which era are they living in . Asked them why , but each have their own answer , none sensible . I think they bother only about getting new customers and can't be bothered about keeping the ones they already have .!They are just deteriorating . I ordered about 10 items from M&S for delivery charge of £3.50 for the whole order . They sent a tracked link and was delivered the next day . And it was not a nominated day postage . Every retailer does this . No idea when sense will prevail .

They`d be bankrupt if they relied on me for custom. My shopping days with QVC are very few and far between these days. Roughly around 3 purchases a year. an ABC tsv, a Cozee home tsv and a set of 3 pairs of Honora earrings as Christmas gifts were my total orders for last year and this year will probably be even less.
I see people complaining everywhere, on here, on QVC`s facebook page and other facebook groups and some of the stories are hair raising. Bad CS. poor deliveries, ridiculous p and p, high prices, damaged goods, used goods, items going missing or not arriving at all and so on and so on. Yet within weeks I see many of those people posting " just ordered the blah blah TSV, can`t wait, its mine, all mine, sooooooo excited " and then posting photos of 3 or 4 purchases on easy pay.
Sorry but QVC might get away with treating me badly the once but they certainly wouldn`t get a second chance. If I could find Cozee Home elsewhere and yes I know I could buy ABC elsewhere but QVC still offer the best price in a tsv, I wouldn`t use QVC at all.

I closed my account over two years ago, slow delivery, slow refund, bad customer service, used items charged as new, really expensive, goods, really expensive postage, dearer than any other retailer, in all honesty and I'm not being funny but I really, really haven't got a clue how they've lasted this long, they've hardly changed since over twenty two years ago when I bought my first item. Twenty years later I woke up and smelled the rip off.

QVC P&P charges, I am convinced they charge so much because they are making profit from it, utterly convinced. Like when they retain returns and delay the process of refunds, small amounts of interest yes but with their massive customer base, it all adds up and QVC are rubbing their hands, more profit. I am seriously considering never purchasing from QVC ever again as I have turned to Ideal World, I don't buy loads anyway but have been very happy with everything purchased from them so far this year and have surprised myself, I never thought I would be going over to the other side. My only worry is I won't be able to visit this forum as much because I do not watch QVC or Ideal World AT ALL, I browse the websites and in the case of QVC rely on the good shopping telly members so to stop buying and I would have to say goodbye to here.

Agree the postage charges are ridiculous. I bought 2 different L'oocitane sets at Christmas (just finished paying for them!) and as they weren't the same fragrance (one verbena and one rose) I had to pay 2 x £5.95 so paid almost £12 in postage which certainly reduced any 'saving' I was making from the tsv value so, in hindsight, I shouldn't have bought them. Who charges £12 for 2 beauty sets? Only QVC....

QVC P&P charges, I am convinced they charge so much because they are making profit from it, utterly convinced. Like when they retain returns and delay the process of refunds, small amounts of interest yes but with their massive customer base, it all adds up and QVC are rubbing their hands, more profit. I am seriously considering never purchasing from QVC ever again as I have turned to Ideal World, I don't buy loads anyway but have been very happy with everything purchased from them so far this year and have surprised myself, I never thought I would be going over to the other side. My only worry is I won't be able to visit this forum as much because I do not watch QVC or Ideal World AT ALL, I browse the websites and in the case of QVC rely on the good shopping telly members so to stop buying and I would have to say goodbye to here.

You're more than welcome to carry on on here, just because you don't shop with QVC anymore doesn't mean you can't have an opinion. I turned to IW too when I closed my QVC account, I was a customer with IW from day one too, I was shopping with QVC because it was something I was used to and a hard habit to break but when I did, I was pleased. If there was a box to tick between QVC performance and goods and IWs, IWs would win hands down every single time.

You're more than welcome to carry on on here, just because you don't shop with QVC anymore doesn't mean you can't have an opinion. I turned to IW too when I closed my QVC account, I was a customer with IW from day one too, I was shopping with QVC because it was something I was used to and a hard habit to break but when I did, I was pleased. If there was a box to tick between QVC performance and goods and IWs, IWs would win hands down every single time.
It's just that if I read all the posts here I am sorely tempted by all that people talk about (so easily influenced) so if I carry on here with the intention of not buying, I will -if you get my meaning. So the only way I can knock my spending with QVC on the head is by retreating from here.

It's just that if I read all the posts here I am sorely tempted by all that people talk about (so easily influenced) so if I carry on here with the intention of not buying, I will -if you get my meaning. So the only way I can knock my spending with QVC on the head is by retreating from here.

Well if you're tempted, Google, then buy it elsewhere cheaper, result! You've still saved money, probably got free p&p with better delivery service and got people's opinions too, c'mon stay, if someone called "Shopperholic" can do it, so can you. :mysmilie_3:

I had exactly this conversation recently. They either do it to keep your money for a few days and scoop up a few pence of interest, which adds up across thousands of customers. Or they do it because they know they're failing but use it as a method of shifting the blame to the courier instead. Or both.
I used to have to do legal accounting, and solicitors aren't allowed to make money on money that they're holding for clients. It all has to be paid into a non-interest account. If this was applied to every business, I suspect processing times for everything would get a lot faster.

I am trying - haven't purchased since November so getting there. I am a massive googler for bargains. The irony recently being I purchased a well reviewed Bluetooth speaker, found it on Amazon for £25, found it elsewhere for £12 delivered, then I wanted to learn more about it did some intense searching and discovered it was for sale on QVC last year for £30+. The presentation of course was still available to see so I got a reverse bargain there (I did laugh).

I had exactly this conversation recently. They either do it to keep your money for a few days and scoop up a few pence of interest, which adds up across thousands of customers. Or they do it because they know they're failing but use it as a method of shifting the blame to the courier instead. Or both.
I used to have to do legal accounting, and solicitors aren't allowed to make money on money that they're holding for clients. It all has to be paid into a non-interest account. If this was applied to every business, I suspect processing times for everything would get a lot faster.

Accountants also have to keep client's money in separate accounts as well.

I rarely buy anything from Q now and not from IW for years but I still watch as a channel hopper.Its OK to come on here and still discuss the ongoing issues. Anyone that has past experience has something to add to the conversation even if they no longer watch.

I think when an item airs on the channel ,people order through different sources like operator ,web and qcut.each is allocated a number but the item is in short supply so some people get bumped off through these sources . I noticed on jewellery channel that when I ordered a popular item that said sold out but it was in my basket ,if I had not checked out in few seconds literally it said it was out of stock .

I think when an item airs on the channel ,people order through different sources like operator ,web and qcut.each is allocated a number but the item is in short supply so some people get bumped off through these sources . I noticed on jewellery channel that when I ordered a popular item that said sold out but it was in my basket ,if I had not checked out in few seconds literally it said it was out of stock .

I wonder if there is a "pecking order" on QVC like there is on Ideal World. IW do say that priority is given to the telephone customers (after having pointed out that ordering on t'internet is free unlike a phone call). I think QCut gets priority, then presumably its even-steven between the normal number and the website (I'm convinced that the normal number brings you through to QVC staff using the same website).

Up until relatively recently I was a mega shopper at Q, left reviews on most items and at the bottom of the review where it asks you to rate QVC (not the product) it used to be top marks 10.

After a few bad experiences it dropped to about 7, then 5, then 2 until I wanted to put minus marks.

In the past 6 months I purchased the LE TSV for a Christmas gift, a set of pouches left a bad review which was rejected, a bracelet from clearance (very nice) a demin jacket (really lovely if a tad overpriced with post). At my worse this would have been a weekly order.

Now in all the years with the rating going from 10 to 1 and comments to why, not once has Q contacted me for my opinion, from spending thousands to the above. Surely if you are going to ask to be rated you would follow up.

With me it is 75% total boredom with the products on offer the other 25% made up of postage, terrible delivery, beyond awful presenters.

Up until relatively recently I was a mega shopper at Q, left reviews on most items and at the bottom of the review where it asks you to rate QVC (not the product) it used to be top marks 10.

After a few bad experiences it dropped to about 7, then 5, then 2 until I wanted to put minus marks.

In the past 6 months I purchased the LE TSV for a Christmas gift, a set of pouches left a bad review which was rejected, a bracelet from clearance (very nice) a demin jacket (really lovely if a tad overpriced with post). At my worse this would have been a weekly order.

Now in all the years with the rating going from 10 to 1 and comments to why, not once has Q contacted me for my opinion, from spending thousands to the above. Surely if you are going to ask to be rated you would follow up.

With me it is 75% total boredom with the products on offer the other 25% made up of postage, terrible delivery, beyond awful presenters.
Yes! You've rather described my own experience as well.

The problem with QVC is that they are still 'harking back' to the way they use to run the company (before the internet era), when people were not really 'spoilt for choice' with regards to the plethora of different companies and postage and package charges. Now with the wide choices and people having p&p per order not per item, I am surprised Q has not been hauled over the coals with regards to this. I mean it really annoys me when the presenters say (with regards to a top (for example)), that if you can't decide on the size or colour to order more than one as you can always send one back under the 'infamous' 30 day money back guarantee. What they negate to state is that, by the time you have factored in the postage and packaging to send and then the postage and packaging to send back it is hardly worth buying in the first place. I mean most catalogue companies now have free returns (or a standard fixed cost) and I do not know of any other company that charges post and packaging per item.

Latest posts

Back